• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What does music do for you?

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm not sure why, but music has never done much for me. When I'm in the car with other people I tend to tune out the radio unless it's something I really like. When I drive alone I've had times where I don't realize the radio isn't on for awhile.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
  • It alters my mood and also focuses my mind, depending on the music. I've always felt like music is my drug, since I've never done any. It's also a good way to blot out the outside world when I'm out and about, but this isn't the healthiest use of it for me.

Last edited:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Have talked about this before sometime ago, but a specific Pok?mon OST pulled me right out my relapse and prevented it from going any further at 12. It was the most soothing thing I've ever heard and it was and is still able to calm me immediately upon hearing it. It even cured a lot of my headaches and jaw pain in the years following, a feat nothing else was able to accomplish for me. Not for the agonizing pain I had in those years. I owe a lot to that OST for, quite literally, being the most stabilizing factor in my life to this date. I'd have been way worse off without. Nowadays I listen to it in virtually any circumstance, but especially when I'm anxious or sad.

Other music still affects me, too. I especially get solemn/sad due to music, more than happy. Only times I get really happy is when I listen to metal, because the aggression in that music is so exhilarating, that kind of rush is just great. Music also helps me focus on studies, but I'd really need to find a song that fits my mood if I want to listen to it while studying. I seem to have a thing for more complex music arrangements so I naturally lean towards VGC (mainly, but not limited to, Pok?mon).

Last edited:
    Back