• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2020
Hey, have you got the title update installed as well as the base ROM and the hack? I can't share ROM links here as that's against the rules, and also illegal.

Hi , the website i'm using for ROMS doesn't say the version of the game , i think mine is 1.2 because the hack is activ , if it was only 1.0 the hack shouldn't work no ? The only problem is with shops anthing else works fine
I can't find an easy way to download 1.2 ultra moon for my phone :/
There is a website that link prismatic moon without the need of downloading the base game first but i don't know what version of your hack it is

thank you for the help

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Apr 19, 2023
Hello, man! Great job here!
I have a question:
Can I finish vanilla USUM (without your hack) and, after it is finished, install the hack to be able to catch the rest of the pokémon?

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I have a question:
Can I finish vanilla USUM (without your hack) and, after it is finished, install the hack to be able to catch the rest of the pokémon?

Yeah, the saves should be compatible.
Just remember to delete any E-shop updates before installing the hack.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hi , the website i'm using for ROMS doesn't say the version of the game , i think mine is 1.2 because the hack is activ , if it was only 1.0 the hack shouldn't work no ? The only problem is with shops anthing else works fine
I can't find an easy way to download 1.2 ultra moon for my phone :/
There is a website that link prismatic moon without the need of downloading the base game first but i don't know what version of your hack it is

thank you for the help
Hey, there's only one version of the base ROM. What you need is a .cia for the version 1.2 update, which is a patch Game Freak made to fix a few bugs in the game. It's a separate file from the base ROM and you need both for the shops in the hack to work. If you download a premade version chances it will be outdated and probably won't include the modified update needed to make the shops work, so it won't solve your problem (seems some of the people making those didn't bother to read the install guide).

I have a question:
Yeah, the saves should be compatible.
Just remember to delete any E-shop updates before installing the hack.

You'll actually need to keep the E-shop updates for these hacks, but yeah that will work.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 15, 2020
Hello,
Sorry if I am making a rookie mistake but this is the first time playing one of your hacks and I just downloaded it a few days ago. After patching, everything seems good and abilities and state changes are in affect. However, it looks like the wild list is from the base game but not your patch. For example, encountering yungoos in Route 2. Is there something I am missing?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hello,
Sorry if I am making a rookie mistake but this is the first time playing one of your hacks and I just downloaded it a few days ago. After patching, everything seems good and abilities and state changes are in affect. However, it looks like the wild list is from the base game but not your patch. For example, encountering yungoos in Route 2. Is there something I am missing?
Hey, that usually happens if I've accidentally named the hack's wild encounters file incorrectly. I'm uploading a fix for some reported issues with wild Pokemon now, so hopefully that's fixed in the latest versions. Please let me know if it's still not working after updating the hack.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2020
Hey, there's only one version of the base ROM. What you need is a .cia for the version 1.2 update, which is a patch Game Freak made to fix a few bugs in the game. It's a separate file from the base ROM and you need both for the shops in the hack to work. If you download a premade version chances it will be outdated and probably won't include the modified update needed to make the shops work, so it won't solve your problem (seems some of the people making those didn't bother to read the install guide).

Thank you i understand now , but i have a last problem xD sorry for all those questions . For the new Citra on Android ( on google play store) there is no way to right click on the game and see "save location" , "mod location" etc ... so i don't know how to install your Hack on Citra mobile . Are you gonna make a guide for the mobile installation too ?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Thank you i understand now , but i have a last problem xD sorry for all those questions . For the new Citra on Android ( on google play store) there is no way to right click on the game and see "save location" , "mod location" etc ... so i don't know how to install your Hack on Citra mobile . Are you gonna make a guide for the mobile installation too ?
No problem! I'll make a guide when I have time, but for now there's this post. The only difference with PSPM is that you'll also need to install the title update cia (which is installed the same way as any other cia file).

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2021
Howdy, I've been playing your rom hack quite a bit more after the updating process got overhauled and I've been enjoying it a lot. I've been playing the rebalanced version and noticed in the "important trainers" document that
Spoiler:
which makes sense when you take the difficulty curve into account. This just makes me wonder if there are any other viable ways to get fast levels that were added in this hack. The only way that I've known was to SOS chain Chansey in the poni meadows, which I'm pretty sure is accessible after
Spoiler:
and also was in the vanilla versions of USUM?

Also, I'm currently at route 12 in the game in terms of progress if that helps you answer my question.
Thank you for your hard work with this hack :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 21, 2022
pokiemon amie has always felt cheap because i would survive when i shouldnt or dodge somthing that should have killed me. has this been taken into consideration? if so how?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Howdy, I've been playing your rom hack quite a bit more after the updating process got overhauled and I've been enjoying it a lot. I've been playing the rebalanced version and noticed in the "important trainers" document that
Spoiler:
which makes sense when you take the difficulty curve into account. This just makes me wonder if there are any other viable ways to get fast levels that were added in this hack. The only way that I've known was to SOS chain Chansey in the poni meadows, which I'm pretty sure is accessible after
Spoiler:
and also was in the vanilla versions of USUM?

Also, I'm currently at route 12 in the game in terms of progress if that helps you answer my question.
Thank you for your hard work with this hack :)
Hey, SOS chaining in Poni Meadows is still the best way to grind levels, the only thing that's changed is they're now Blisseys instead of Chanseys. AFAIK there's nothing like the XY restaurants in the vanilla games, so there wasn't much I could do about it. If all goes well you'll also be level 100 by the time you get to the elite 4, or at least close enough to challenge them without needing to grind. Happy to hear you're enjoying the hack so far!

pokiemon amie has always felt cheap because i would survive when i shouldnt or dodge somthing that should have killed me. has this been taken into consideration? if so how?
It's definitely cheap, but I've left it up to player to decide if they want to abuse affection boosts. Same goes for shift battle style, spamming revives in battle, etc. Even if I could account for all of that I'd still prefer to leave it as an option for people who want it.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
Hey, SOS chaining in Poni Meadows is still the best way to grind levels, the only thing that's changed is they're now Blisseys instead of Chanseys. AFAIK there's nothing like the XY restaurants in the vanilla games, so there wasn't much I could do about it. If all goes well you'll also be level 100 by the time you get to the elite 4, or at least close enough to challenge them without needing to grind. Happy to hear you're enjoying the hack so far!
Actually there is something you could do! The Battle Buffet in Hau'oli City, the trainers there have different rosters depending on whether you've become champion yet or not. During the main game you could give them all Blissey with Healing Wish or something.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 21, 2022
another question: oricorio is shown as learning heat wave in the pokemon changes, but not in the rebalanced movesets. why? and is there an easy place to grind? pineco is caught waay too late for my liking

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Actually there is something you could do! The Battle Buffet in Hau'oli City, the trainers there have different rosters depending on whether you've become champion yet or not. During the main game you could give them all Blissey with Healing Wish or something.
The problem with the buffet is that the trainers there only have one party until post game, so they'd be level 20 ish for the whole story. They'd just kinda break the early game and then be mostly useless later on. It'd be nice if they scaled up properly. but I can't make them do that without a way to edit scripts.
another question: oricorio is shown as learning heat wave in the pokemon changes, but not in the rebalanced movesets. why? and is there an easy place to grind? pineco is caught waay too late for my liking
Oricorio gets Heat Wave from the post game move tutor, guess I missed that when updating the level up moves. There's no dedicated grinding spot until the Blisseys in post game; Poke Pelago kinda counts but it's very slow, and you could also grind Mantine Surf for Rare Candies. Unfortunately there are only so many encounter slots in the grass, so some Pokemon have to be available later than others.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2021
Thanks for elaborating! I had one more question:
Is there a point where the trainers that you encounter have Pokemon with max IVs? If so, when?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Thanks for elaborating! I had one more question:
Is there a point where the trainers that you encounter have Pokemon with max IVs? If so, when?
I think Olivia's the first important trainer who has Pokemon with perfect IVs, but I don't remember when regular trainers get to that point. They definitely get there by Vast Poni Canyon, and Veterans and Ace Trainers will have Pokemon with IVs of 30 well before then.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 13, 2022
Hello!!! just a compleeeete newbie around here! i'm having a few issues here, and i don't know if i'm doing something wrong, i've followed the install instructions for citra install, version prismatic moon, after the installation, when i run a new game, kukui looks really wrong xD (since i can't post links yet, add the http to this > ibb.co/s3NLQJt) and after the intro, my game crashes before starting to play (just right after the pokemon ultramoon main title)

am i doing something wrong?

thanks u!

edit: hi again!! i fixed it! i think it was a problem with my citra, had to uninstall it, delete all the roaming folders and reinstall everything, now is working properly!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hello!!! just a compleeeete newbie around here! i'm having a few issues here, and i don't know if i'm doing something wrong, i've followed the install instructions for citra install, version prismatic moon, after the installation, when i run a new game, kukui looks really wrong xD (since i can't post links yet, add the http to this > ibb.co/s3NLQJt) and after the intro, my game crashes before starting to play (just right after the pokemon ultramoon main title)

am i doing something wrong?

thanks u!

edit: hi again!! i fixed it! i think it was a problem with my citra, had to uninstall it, delete all the roaming folders and reinstall everything, now is working properly!!
Thanks for sharing the solution you found! That's an interesting bug, never seen that before haha.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 13, 2022
Thanks for sharing the solution you found! That's an interesting bug, never seen that before haha.

at first i thought the intro was made that way, not gonna lie! (since, you know, PRISMATIC moon and it looks like, prism lol xD) but after when it started to crash, i guess some file get corrupted, i can only think that maybe it was some internal render file of citra of something hahaha.

i've just get into heahea island! and man, this is pretty hard compared with the pokemon standard difficulty, i'm havin' a lot of fun but still have to learn a lot about the iv's and ev's lol

BTW!! is there any dedicated citra room or something to play online with other pals? since some pokemons have modified movesets and the balances i bet is not safe to play on a USUM room ^^U

Back