• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Game Soundtrack?

Years
  • In your opinon, which Pokemon games have the worst soundtrack?

To me, it has to be FireRed/LeafGreen soundtracks. The Red/Blue tracks just sound better to me.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Not really a fan of any of the pre-Gen 4 music. Gen 2 is charming in its own way, and I can see how some nostalgic people would be a fan of it, but I never played GSC as a kid so I'm not interested. Gen I is just terrible in my opinion, I'll never be a fan of that.. Meanwhile Gen 3 is just kinda bland :/

If I had to pick a worst it'd be a tough choice between the Gen 1 and Gen 3 games.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I hate the HGSS version of Goldenrod City's music with a huge passion. The original music for Goldenrod City had a tone that was a little sad, but at the same time happy-ish (I don't know how else to mention that tone). In HGSS, they tried to keep this tone, but at the same time make it more upbeat. Unfortunately, the end result was an annoying mess.

I also dislike the ORAS version of the Mt. Chimney music. The original sounded pretty epic, but in ORAS, they made it sound more hip hop-ish, drastically sucking the epic feel out of it.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Mt Chimney isn't the same in ORAS, it isn't so dynamic and intense, but instead kinda hippish style which is bad

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I have to say Kalos' soundtrack. I remember turning the sound off immediately after I beat the game and never turned it back on for any postgame stuff.

But boy, ORAS, so good to hear those tunes again.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Not sure I've ever really disliked a soundtrack as a whole. I'd say the only songs I've ever disliked would be the Lavender Town themes.

Years
  • I probably only dislike the Red and Blue soundtracks, simply because I never played them as a kid and don't have the nostalgic attraction to them. Apart from that, I love every other game's soundtrack!

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I cannot remember anything from X and Y besides the Elite Four and Champion themes. No routes, no Lysandre, no rivals, nothing bar those two themes. Makes me sad, as I feel that Kalos is rather beautiful as a region.

Years
  • Hmm this is a rather tough choice But if i would have to pick one
    i would go with the
    Gen 4 endgame area Battle zone with it's music
    That just screamed to me what is this music
    When i first arrived onto the Fight Area i thought it would get better later on
    But it just got worse Which is too bad Since i spend a lot of time in the Battle Zone.

Last edited:

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • I cannot remember anything from X and Y besides the Elite Four and Champion themes. No routes, no Lysandre, no rivals, nothing bar those two themes. Makes me sad, as I feel that Kalos is rather beautiful as a region.

Kalos route 15's music is majestic af.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Kalos' OST was a mixed bag for me. Some songs are outstanding: Sycamore's theme, Lavarre town, Legendary battle theme. Anistar city and Snowbelle City. But the battle music leaves much to be desired. That gym leader theme was just awful.

Back