• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years

That's how I felt about Kalos, ahah. Admittedly, I was reeeeeeeally looking forward to Z Version... ;___;

Years

When Serena did her haircut and outfit change, I once thought it was going to be what her design would be in a theoretical "Z version". But I also felt it was made as a nod to trainer customization.

Meadow

Years

I totally thought the same thing, as well! I always had a strange feeling that a couple of the concepts used in the XY anime were originally planned as ideas for a future Kalos game, which got scrapped/withheld for some reason, presumably before its development phase. Maybe. xD

pkmin3033

It'd take a lot more than a third game to make Alola a good region. A LOT more. I think the same could be said for Kalos, albeit for different reasons.

I know I'm sorta late to the conversation about Nintendo's eShop, but I figured it'd be worth asking for your opinion anyway, since you seem to be quite knowledgeable about this stuff!

Just out of curiosity, do you think there's any realistic chance that Wii U games might ever make it to the Switch's eShop someday? The Switch's lack of compatibility with the GamePad might raise red flags for some games, but there's also the idea of a system update to support past controllers. Then again, I have no idea if the latter is even possible, though! xD
    Well, Mario Kart 8 was originally a Wii U title, so I think it's a definite possibility. Backwards compatability with controllers was also added much later in the Wii U's lifespan as well, with the Gamecube controller peripheral being released alongside Smash Bros. for Wii U. It's not impossible to do these things.

Not only that, but a lot of Wii U titles could also be played on the gamepad only, so there is no reason they couldn't have Switch ports. It might be a bit less convenient for some games that used both the gamepad and the TV screen, and titles like Starfox Zero would obviously need some tweaking, but...yeah, I'd expect to see more in the future. I remember when rumours were flying around the Switch about it being a hybrid - which turned out to be true - that some Wii U ports (I forget which, but at least Xenoblade Chronicles X) were being planned for the Switch, too. Wouldn't surprise me if those were true.

Historically speaking it's likely, too - we had N64 game on the Gamecube, Gamecube games on the Wii, and Wii games on the Wii U.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

Hikamaru, your Lillie/ Alola Vulpix avatar is incredibly cute.

I would like to see Wii U games on the Switch e-shop as it will give me more games to play when I (eventually) get the Switch.

pkmin3033

Given that it takes years for Nintendo to make new games - it'll be at least 2020 before we see another Zelda title, and that's probably optimistic - I'd like to see more ports on the Switch, too. Not limited to just the Wii U, given that the Wii U had fewer than ten games worth playing...

What they really need to do is just make every eShop they've had - Wii, Wii U, and 3DS - available to the Switch, and build on that, rather than start from scratch again. I refused to buy GBA titles for the Wii U, but I would buy them for the Switch.

Honestly, all they need to do is bring Monster Hunter XX to the Switch and none of you will ever see me again probably. xD

Last edited:

Meadow

Years

Well, Mario Kart 8 was originally a Wii U title, so I think it's a definite possibility. Backwards compatability with controllers was also added much later in the Wii U's lifespan as well, with the Gamecube controller peripheral being released alongside Smash Bros. for Wii U. It's not impossible to do these things.

Not only that, but a lot of Wii U titles could also be played on the gamepad only, so there is no reason they couldn't have Switch ports. It might be a bit less convenient for some games that used both the gamepad and the TV screen, and titles like Starfox Zero would obviously need some tweaking, but...yeah, I'd expect to see more in the future. I remember when rumours were flying around the Switch about it being a hybrid - which turned out to be true - that some Wii U ports (I forget which, but at least Xenoblade Chronicles X) were being planned for the Switch, too. Wouldn't surprise me if those were true.

Historically speaking it's likely, too - we had N64 game on the Gamecube, Gamecube games on the Wii, and Wii games on the Wii U.

Ah, gotcha! Thanks for the input!

Seeing how the Wii's Classic Controller was released with the intention of playing legacy games, do you think a separate touchscreen controller could come out for the Switch in the future, keeping the same purpose in mind? That way, it could have compatibility with Nintendo's dual-screened games from both the Wii U and the DS family. (Of course, having GamePad compatibility could theoretically achieve the same purpose, but... Nintendo sometimes likes to rebrand things, haha.) xD

it'll be at least 2020 before we see another Zelda title, and that's probably optimistic

You've hit the nail right on the head there... especially the part about it still being optimistic... ;__;

Years

For those Americans who had constantly been wondering "when does the Sun & Moon dub start" you now finally have an official airdate - May 13th, 2017 on Disney XD. That day will pick off from the episode where Ash meets Rotom Dex.

Apparently the schedule may be one new SM episode on a weekend, and then reruns on the weekdays.

pkmin3033

Ah, gotcha! Thanks for the input!

Seeing how the Wii's Classic Controller was released with the intention of playing legacy games, do you think a separate touchscreen controller could come out for the Switch in the future, keeping the same purpose in mind? That way, it could have compatibility with Nintendo's dual-screened games from both the Wii U and the DS family. (Of course, having GamePad compatibility could theoretically achieve the same purpose, but... Nintendo sometimes likes to rebrand things, haha.) xD
    You're welcome~

Nah, there's no need for it - the Switch has a touch screen, and a built-in motion sensor too. It'd be a little bit strange if they made a touch-screen controller too...the most I can see them doing in that respect would be making one with a touchpad, similar to what the Dualshock 4 has. But with the Pro Controller, the Switch has what it needs to play most games from previous generations. Nearly all of them even, if Nintendo makes a few tweaks to the games themselves...or, maybe for some DS titles, splits the screen in two and has you hold the console vertically. That wouldn't be too different from holding a DSi XL...the lack of ability to balance it on the stand would make it a bit awkward, and you'd need to play with the Joycons separated or a separate controller, but it'd be one solution to needing two screens.

You've hit the nail right on the head there... especially the part about it still being optimistic... ;__;
    Given how disappointing Breath of the Wild was, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, though...honestly, I wish they'd just stick to making 2D Zelda titles, when the last good 3D one we had was Twilight Princess, and even that wasn't as good as A Link Between Worlds...and no matter how bad Nintendo get with releasing games in a timely fashion, they'll never be as bad as Square Enix. They announced FFXV when I was sixteen and I didn't get to play it until I was twenty-seven! 3-4 years per game doesn't seem so bad by comparison, and Pokemon and Mario are practically annual releases now.

For the next Zelda I can see Nintendo doing something crazy, though - giving us separate gameplay on Switch screen and TV screen that we'd need to swap between, perhaps. I could see them making a Metroid that swaps between first and third person gameplay the same way, too. Honestly, it really bothers me when I think about it - they STILL don't get that simple button controls work far better than their stupid gimmicky control ideas; it was why Starfox Zero was so terrible, why Skyward Sword was an absolute nightmare to play, and why so many other developers are put off making games on their consoles. Keep it simple. Pokemon has never needed an outrageously convoluted control scheme to be fun.

....aaaand I'm going off on one. Sorry...but Nintendo really irk me. More than any other developer, in fact. They have such high quality gameplay, but they keep marring it with stupid ideas...

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021

For those Americans who had constantly been wondering "when does the Sun & Moon dub start" you now finally have an official airdate - May 13th, 2017 on Disney XD. That day will pick off from the episode where Ash meets Rotom Dex.

Apparently the schedule may be one new SM episode on a weekend, and then reruns on the weekdays.
    they did air a couple of episodes didn't they?

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years

Its been a hell of a long time since any Pokemon Episode aired out here. I think the last we had here was Season 16 & that too was a few years back.

Pika Pika :chu:

pkmin3033

Could just watch them online if you want to. xD;

I'm pretty sure XYZ still airs over here on CITV from time to time...but I haven't checked, so I could be wrong.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

Does the anime still have moments where Ash makes errors that would shame a rookie trainer?

I'm not talking errors like Ash asking 'What's That?' to the Pokedex when seeing an Oddish even though he has seen one before. I am talking about mistakes like expecting to beat Elesa with 1 Pokemon and inexplicably not having any more on hand.

Years

Especially when you consider Mega Charizard X's finishing blow on Ash-Greninja was "not very effective". That Kalos League win all but confirmed Alain as a Gary Stu, causing me to have a newfound hatred towards him.

pkmin3033

Well, he was the best Ash-killer we've had so far in that he actually had more than a few appearances prior to demolishing him...that said, it was pretty brutal. But at least it wasn't anything like Cameron's victory against him.

Years

Cameron was a complete noob who didn't even know how to do a full battle properly. The Unova League definitely ruined him for me in the same way as Alain was ruined for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back