• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

I'd love to buy a Switch but can't justify it with the high price particularly as Pokemon is really the only Nintendo franchise I play these days. Maybe when it comes down in price.

Incidentally I never brought a Wii U.

pkmin3033

I don't think the Switch will fail as hard as the Wii U did, but given Nintendo's stubborn stupidity when it comes to making the most of their classics library, their poor marketing and decision making when it comes to their products, and the fact that the only worthwhile exclusives on Nintendo consoles are often Nintendo games...yeah. It won't do as well as it should do.

Ah, I figure the outcome could have been worse but wasn't it also unfinished?
    I believe there were a couple of things the developer wanted to add, but by and large the story was finished. I should play it somewhen...somewhen. xD

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years

Oh, well if the story itself was finished then that's great. Extra stuff would have been nice but at least he was able to before the Nintendo hammer fell.

Glad I have no interest in the switch...at least atm.

Years

I feel the focus on adding classic games to the eShop will draw more people into playing on it. They don't want to be limited by only new Switch games, considering it isn't backwards compatible.

pkmin3033

It'd certainly go a long way towards it. But Nintendo never handle their eShops properly, and I doubt the Switch will be any exception to that when they finally DO get it up and running. I just pray it's not a subscription-based service...their planned online play service is bad enough.

...and I'm still in shock they took so long to release Pokemon Snap on the Wii U VC. The amount of money they could have made from that if they'd released it earlier...

pkmin3033

Well, if the service is value for money, it's not so bad. But Nintendo's won't be...I mean, come on. Paying for rentals of NES games? That's obscene. Then there is their ridiculous smartphone-based voice chat...the Switch was such a good idea, but it's systematically being destroyed by Nintendo's twisted ideas.

Well, I suppose it's too early to say that; it'll need at least a year to find its feet, much like any new console. At least it's selling well, unlike the Wii U. But it'd sell a lot more if Nintendo would provide the stock. Like the NES Classic would have...which they have now discontinued in the US. Wow.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

Must admit I am also not a fan of paid subscription services.

I should have got a NES classic when I had the chance. :(

I do like the 3DS shop however. I got the first Pokemon Trading Card Game GBC game from it and it holds up remarkably well.

My favourite club in it is (Of Course) the Grass Club. Vileplume line (Which has a move that can potentially do 120 damage) and Venusaur line are my strongest cards in my deck. :)

pkmin3033

The 3DS eShop has been going for years now, though...they've had plenty of time to build up a decent library. It's good, but not as good as it should be, because the 3DS is more than capable of running GBA titles and they really should have put them on that and not the failing Wii U.

I wish we'd gotten the second Pokemon TCG game, though. I remember loving the first back in the day...not gotten around to playing it again on my 3DS yet though. Too much else to do. xD

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

As solid as the 3DS shop is they really should have got around to putting the second TCG game on there which I don't think was released outside of Japan.

Also Pokemon Gold and Silver. It is near impossible to find a working copy of either (Or for that matter HGSS) and those who started in Gen 2 would greatly appreciate it.

Incidentally I super luckily found a copy of Heart Gold (Without Pokewalker or box) for the incredibly low price of £2.00. :0

Years

That is correct, the second TCG game was Japan-only. Shame too, because it had a female protagonist while the original only had the male.

pkmin3033

£2 for HeartGold...wow. It still goes for £25+ second hand in stores depending on its condition. But then, most Nintendo games don't depreciate in value. I've been thinking about selling my copy of Crystal on eBay, I could get at least £30 for it...

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

It feels odd now that it wasn't until Gen 2 that you could play as a girl. This of course led to the famous Oakism 'Are you a Boy or a Girl?'. Thankfully Kukui avoids asking such a question in Sun/Moon.

Incidentally my favourite Protagonist model is BW's Hilda/White.

I think the guy in the second hand shop I got my Heart Gold from didn't realise it's value. Nor did he seem to notice my surprise at hearing the price. With a box it goes for £50 here. Soul Silver even more.

I have an original Sapphire cartridge still with my original Sceptile and Gardevoir on. Easily my oldest Pokemon.

pkmin3033

I find it ironic that the male designs are all practically identical from Gen III onwards, whilst the females are all noticeably different. There seems to be little to no effort put into them any more!

Is that with or without the Pokewalker? If without, that's pretty steep...you could definitely find both separately cheaper elsewhere.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

I think a lot of the reason the females are so different is the hairstyles traditionally available to women are far more varied.

Since Gen 3 the styles have been short (May), long and straight (Leaf), the style Lyra had, ponytail (Hilda), Twin Buns (Rosa), Long and Wavy (Serena) and Bob (Moon). All the guys since Gen 5 especially have looked near identical.

That's without the Pokewalker. With the Pokewalker is even higher as HGSS is very rare here in Europe.

pkmin3033

Clothing, too. Clothing is so depressingly limited for males in the sixth and seventh gen games...

...huh. Sold listings on eBay are pretty shocking - £40 for an unboxed copy?! I didn't realise it was that rare, honestly.

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years

I didn't realise HGSS was that rare either. I swear my copy wasn't that expensive (but then again, I did get it close to when it came out, so there would have been more of them around then.) Had a look at the price for the full set (HG game with boxes + Pokewalker) on ebay and they're in the realm of £80! If I can find the big box and the Pokewalker perhaps I should sell mine... Must be a HGSS thing as well, as the other Gen 4 games are nowhere near as expensive.

pkmin3033

I have a US SoulSilver and a UK HeartGold, both with big boxes and Pokewalkers...I wish I could bring myself to sell them, if they're going for that kind of money. But I still play them. I'm going to keep an eye out in shops for second hand copies now, though. I only need one Pokewalker, and I don't need the big box...xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back