• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I just bought a copy of Soul Silver this week (it was hard to find a good deal)
    The first time I played Soul Silver when it came out, the hat of the girl was annoying me so much I chose the boy. It was the first time I played a boy since Crystal. But now I chose the girl for my new playthrough, I've gotten around to like her design

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

In my second hand game store Soul Silver was going for an eye watering £55 without the Pokewalker whilst Platinum was going for only £22.

I think the Johto remakes came out in limited quantities for some reason (Unlike the Sinnoh games) explaining the high second game price.

On protagonist clothes the females do have more style. My Sun Character Rebecca has a Gothorita t-shirts on. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021

The first time I played Soul Silver when it came out, the hat of the girl was annoying me so much I chose the boy. It was the first time I played a boy since Crystal. But now I chose the girl for my new playthrough, I've gotten around to like her design
    agree on that, but i've almost never played as the male protag, not as far as i can remember.

pkmin3033

The annoying thing is there are sooooo many clothing options they could utilise that would give guys some great options. Come to think of it, the whole clothing feature is severely under-utilised, and whilst it thematically fit, I felt like Sun/Moon was a step backwards with no coats etc.

...and we really should have been able to design our own stuff and share them with QR codes. If we could do it in Animal Crossing...

Years

I'm surprised copies of HGSS cost so much (I just looked up some prices), as they aren't even incredibly old games. I wonder if they blow up the pricing just because they have such a good rating from the community.

Selena Fluorspar

On hiatus
    Years

Both HG and SS were surprisingly cheap for me. I don't remember what they cost but it wasn't anything crazy.
    Though it was quite a while since I got them so maybe the price has jumped up.

pkmin3033

Games are too expensive these days, and it's only going to get worse...especially if this ridiculous £60 price point for Switch games sticks. It's always got to be Nintendo...

I picked up HGSS when they were first released, so they cost me around £35 apiece I think, since I got the Pokewalker versions. Can't remember that far back. xD

pkmin3033

You've not missed much. In fact, I'd say you stopped at just the right time. xD

Years

The annoying thing is there are sooooo many clothing options they could utilise that would give guys some great options. Come to think of it, the whole clothing feature is severely under-utilised, and whilst it thematically fit, I felt like Sun/Moon was a step backwards with no coats etc.

Not just with the options being limited to clothes that fit a tropical climate, but making certain colours version exclusive as well. While pastel and dark shades of some colours are available in Dye Shops in the Festival Plaza, the normal shades are still truly exclusive.

Game Freak will clearly need to improve the customization again in the next generation if it returns, especially with all the backlash on how it was handled in Alola.

pkmin3033

Guessing you literally hated everything after?
    Hmmm...I think "hated" might be too strong a word for some of the games. I found Black 2 an improvement over Black, and XY were just disappointing.

It takes a lot for me to really hate a game in that sense, but I do strongly dislike the bare bones NPC-focused narrative approach the games have been taking since Black/White, to the point that I actually put down Sun in disgust because of it. I feel the characters are undeveloped and insufficient to justify alienating the player from the world. I don't like the "story" of the games, basically. It barely qualifies as a plot and the focus isn't where it should be.

Not just with the options being limited to clothes that fit a tropical climate, but making certain colours version exclusive as well. While pastel and dark shades of some colours are available in Dye Shops in the Festival Plaza, the normal shades are still truly exclusive.

Game Freak will clearly need to improve the customization again in the next generation if it returns, especially with all the backlash on how it was handled in Alola.
    I suppose it makes sense to have version exclusive clothing - to a point - but given there is no way to acquire version exclusive clothing through trades or QR codes...it's unnecessary, I think. Festival Plaza was an absolute disaster too, on the subject. It made online unnecessarily convoluted and irritating, and was a far cry from the beautiful simplicity of the sixth gen's online features.

It wouldn't surprise me if they took customisation out again, honestly. You can guarantee it won't appear in DPPt remakes at least...although we might get a redesigned Dawn. That'd be nice.

Years

I feel DP remakes will likely follow OR/AS with the "no customization because we want to remind you of these characters" thing, but if customization continues being flawed, I'd want Game Freak to get rid of it entirely, especially if the female protagonist continues getting a good design.

pkmin3033

I wish they'd remake third versions. ORAS were inferior to Emerald, and chances are that DP remakes would be inferior to Platinum if they're going to keep pushing this story-driven approach to the games.

...although given that Gen IV is my favourite, I'd welcome a remake no matter its form. xD

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years

I wish they'd remake third versions. ORAS were inferior to Emerald, and chances are that DP remakes would be inferior to Platinum if they're going to keep pushing this story-driven approach to the games.

...although given that Gen IV is my favourite, I'd welcome a remake no matter its form. xD

Hopefully they'll actually add some Platinum content to it, especially during the Spear Pillar part. And Im sure this has been said 1mill times but also hopefully catching Arceus is ingame.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years

Not sure if I'd get the time to play DP remakes, if they do make them. But for some reason, I think there may be a third version of SM coming out some time in the future. Just a gut feeling.

Pika Pika :chu:

pkmin3033

There have been rumours floating around for a third version on Switch, and god do I hope those rumours are false...let's leave Alola like we did Kalos >.>

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

If we do ditch Alola that quickly, I'd at least hope the next game doesn't introduce us to new Pokémon for a while. We've got more than plenty to work with for the time being! Considering we're already getting close to 1000, I don't think things would end well if the developers keep forcing themselves to introduce a ton of new Pokémon every subsequent generation from now. =/

It'd certainly go a long way towards it. But Nintendo never handle their eShops properly, and I doubt the Switch will be any exception to that when they finally DO get it up and running. I just pray it's not a subscription-based service...their planned online play service is bad enough.

...and I'm still in shock they took so long to release Pokemon Snap on the Wii U VC. The amount of money they could have made from that if they'd released it earlier...

I know I'm sorta late to the conversation about Nintendo's eShop, but I figured it'd be worth asking for your opinion anyway, since you seem to be quite knowledgeable about this stuff!

Just out of curiosity, do you think there's any realistic chance that Wii U games might ever make it to the Switch's eShop someday? The Switch's lack of compatibility with the GamePad might raise red flags for some games, but there's also the idea of a system update to support past controllers. Then again, I have no idea if the latter is even possible, though! xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back