• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
Years
OK OK EVERYONE, THIS IS HOW I BEGAN TO RP.

My brother Xilfer started to RolePlay cause Supervegeta RolePlayed, he showed me the RP corner but i wasn't interested. Then my bff Chef30 started to RolePlay and she gave me it a link to it, then i started to think it might be fun and it would improve my writing skills. And i was totally right! Lol, and im sooo happy that i began to RP in the first place, cause else i would be bored all day. xD

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Why did you start Roleplaying?

It was the most unlikely by-chance scenario ever. I initially came here to help my friend on rom-hacking, and then started to look around the emulation corner a lot. I eventually decided to make an account to get access to the roms, and work on my own. One day, I was browsing through other areas on PC, and stumbled here, and, what can I say? Here I am.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Why did you start RPing?

I started RPing ages ago. I'll try to give the summarized version. In short, I was but a wee lifeless nerd. (Not ... that that has changed. lD) I played a lot of video games as my escapism. One day while playing video games someone introduced me to the concept of roleplaying! Basically? It caught on fast for me because I saw it as a sort of way to bypass the physical restrictions of the internet. (...I needed a hug.) and as I learned to indulge in fantastically twists to who or what I played it in itself became a second form of escapism, permanently reducing the ammount of video games I played.

Even today I still hold similar values for roleplay, though they are now much more refined and I've learned to enjoy even extremely impersonal roleplay.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
When did you start roleplaying?
Well I joined in '06, though I'm not sure why. *checks*
Holy crap, I was asking a super nooby question. Haha, well, I joined on my old account Aggron-x-Ryder and then made a new account because I didn't know how to change names. So I did spriting a little for hacks, made a T-Card shop, joined some clubs and wrote fan-fiction. Then I first started roleplaying as someone told me fan fiction was similar to roleplaying. My first RP was one that I made called "The Elemental Islands" which was based off my fan fiction.

Geez that was long ago.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Why did you start Roleplaying?

Well, I had come here only to get access to hacks... I joined PC in August '10, but then I left after getting my hacks. About a year later I came back to try and hack, but eventually stumbled upon the RP Corner. xD So I thought, cool, yeah, lemme try this. I started to RP in May. :>

TiTaN.JuStIn

Fighting the army of Stress...
Years
When did you start roleplaying?

It seems like my memory had prevailed me last time I answered the question. So, I was looking for some nice pics. It all led me into pokemon, which I abandoned years ago. Then I checked all the pictures, but some particular ones led into an another alternative interest. Pokemorphs. Then I google searched it. As a result, I got a certain RP in Pokecommunity, started by Wolf in The Rain, whose posts were awesome and interesting. I immediately joined and started RPing with my undeveloped writing skills. It was on January, and my first post was on February 1st, a very awful and noobish SU sheet. Come to think about it, I think I improved a lot.

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
When did you start Roleplaying?

Years ago on other sites, nothing pokemon-related though. I was a huge Warrior cats fan, but I think this site is much friendlier and fun :)

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Yeah. I have to say I've improved a lot since I've joined xD Though I'm still quite a big noob. I want to improveeeeeeeeee

View attachment 63255

Okay, is it me, or is this advertisement completely inappropriate, especially for a website based on Pokemon? I don't know how many times this thing keeps popping up, and it's rather disturbing. Is there anything anyone can do to remove this hazard?

That's something much more suited for CQ&F, imo. Try asking there, or ask some higher staff member like a Super Mod.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Why did you start roleplaying?

I remember it as me feeling very limited by the games, and wanting to make another story. So I tried getting into game dev and ended up roleplaying because that gave you the ability to create a story and do whatever that the games didn't allow. And now I'm just loafing around and waiting for an RP to join and trying to motivate myself to make one.......

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
I'm pretty sure that you VM'd me about that a while back... the day I changed my theme actually. And yes it is Totoro.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
If anyone was wishing to join Atlantis Arising, we have places available, before the story continues on.

I... I want to try and give it another shot, but I doubt you guys would let me in because I kinda disappeared after posting my SU :C

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

I... I want to try and give it another shot, but I doubt you guys would let me in because I kinda disappeared after posting my SU :C
Come over to the dark Atlantean side! We have Royal Atlantean cookies! It's moving comfortably slow anyways~

ととろ!! ととろ!! ととろ!! ととろ!! ととろ!!
Not sure if it's against the rules or not, but I don't think it's too great making posts completely in non-English, since English pretty much is the official language on PC and whatever language that was can't be understood by many here :>

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I'm also recruiting as part of Atlantis Arising! Come join us! It's really a terrific RP.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
To change the subject a little, are many RPers very busy nowadays or is it just me? I feel this place is less crowded than some weeks ago. But like I said, it could just be me visiting less often xD Though there's not as many new RPs being made either.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
ととろ!! ととろ!! ととろ!! ととろ!! ととろ!!

Totoro, Totoro... was that spos'd to be the song? Anyways, that's just spam.

@RHCP: Yeah that seems to be dead on. And I never would guess that you aren't a native English speaker. But I'm thinking of posting an RP sooner than later, but it seems that if everyone is so inactive that it shouldn't attract too much attention.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years

Haha, we were happy with most of it, we were waiting for you to change some bits. No harm done, we aren't shallow enough that we would base whether we accept you or not on you ditching.

Feel free to have another crack at it. :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
If anyone was wishing to join Atlantis Arising, we have places available, before the story continues on.
I'm also recruiting as part of Atlantis Arising! Come join us! It's really a terrific RP.
I third this!

To change the subject a little, are many RPers very busy nowadays or is it just me? I feel this place is less crowded than some weeks ago. But like I said, it could just be me visiting less often xD Though there's not as many new RPs being made either.
It's that time of year. School's picking up, a lot of kids left just before/after Christmas, holidays are over etc. I still think the level of creativity is still at a fantastic point and that everyone should continue to strive to improve! I'm not sure if this is a motivator, but the RPAs are coming up in a week! We should all be putting on our best clothes and keeping them on, even after the RPAs, yeah?!

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
I'm still working on my post apocolyptic roleplay. If any of you want to check the progress, you can send me a VM and I'll get back to you with details. Currently I'm working on the rules and the in-depth setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back