• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] Shaymin kimono set, yes or no?

Years
  • As many of us know, if you have a Sword or Shield file on your Switch and purchase Legends, you'll unlock the chance to catch Shaymin and receive its kimono set. Here it is:

fkrWhiv.jpg

My first thought when seeing it was that it looked a little silly. I dunno, maybe I'll get used to it, but I'm not the biggest fan of the overall design and how it goes together. Do you guys like it? Will you wear it?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Honestly not a huge fan of it. To me, these Kimono sets just don't yell "Japanese" 100%. It isn't what I imagine a kimono to look like. It is the same with the other sets, I am just not a huge fan of them.

To, they also almost scream 'Christmas' and while I don't mind, I don't like these color tints.

Years
  • They do look less like a typical kimono seen today (I imagine reserved for the wealthier people back in those days) and more like a simpler style more worn by farmer/lower-household families? but that's my assumption - I don't know much about this timeperiod, am sure there's a reason why they went with this style. Love the colors honestly, but you're right it does look a bit like Christmas haha. Too bad I won't be able to play this game until January. :D;

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    Tbh, these sets are kind of boring. I am more interested in wearing a mask than the clothes in this game :)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    They honestly remind me of early Monster Hunter armors. And that's… not really a compliment.

Kinda doin Shaymin dirty ngl.

Years
  • they could have done waaaay better. i mean, i don't like the style and how they used colors, which is kinda sad because white and pink are pretty good colors for Oriental styled clothes. Maybe that shade of green not too much, but they could have done better. it looks like they work in a farm tbh lol.

Years
  • I may wear it for a bit, and then change back to the default. It is totally cute! I have my Let's Go and Sword/Shield digital copies still on my Switch for now.

Back