• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
  • I can't believe Hodgson's substitutes. Lambert would've done well against Paletta who seemed weak on crosses. No we bring on Wilshere who has always flattered to deceive for club and country.

Oh well we always expected 0 points here so on to the next one.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • This was the match I've enjoyed the most so far. Well played by both teams and great effort. I was impressed by the English's youth (mainly Sterling. Sturridge and Barkley did a nice match too) and Italy, aside from an always-amazing-Pirlo-that-just-did-whatever-he-wanted-through-the-whole-match, had a really good performance from both Candreva and Darmian. I knew almost nothing about those two, and was surprised.

And some good refereeing, for once.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    I can't believe Hodgson's substitutes. Lambert would've done well against Paletta who seemed weak on crosses. No we bring on Wilshere who has always flattered to deceive for club and country.

Oh well we always expected 0 points here so on to the next one.

Exactly. Nothings really changed. Beat Uruguay and Costa Rica and we go through.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I might see Costa Rica play well against both Italy and England. These could be the REAL surprise package, given the upset earlier.

England were abysmal. Rooney seems good for Man United, but terrible for England. I could see them beat Uruguay, but I can't see them beating Costa Rica, sorry.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • >England were abysmal

Narrowly lost to an Italy side that would not have complained if it were a 2 - 2 draw. Rooney is good for United because he plays in his best positions (number 10 and number 9), not on the wing. Going forward we looked pretty good. From these two games I think England will go through.

Years
  • We were good in the first half, just not good enough with the end product in the second. Roy's fault for taking Welbeck off when he had been great and not putting Lambert on later on.

The same team will work in the other two games as long as Sterling isn't found out.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I dunno what it is but Rooney has a reputation of doing poor in the World Cup and the Euros. I'll leave it at that.

Anyway, Ivory Coast v Japan this morning. Gonna watch this one before I sleep.

EDIT: Japan has scored! Ivory Coast 0-1 Japan!

Last edited:

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Spain v Netherlands has been the best game so far, and I hope there is more great games to come. I wonder if Honduras may pull off an upset against France tomorrow?

Years
  • Japan needs a second goal to ease tensions.

Edit: Ivory Coast score 2 goals in 3 minutes. Cruel but CIV has been better this half.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Switzerland win their match against Ecuador with a goal from Seferovic in the final seconds of the game, right after Ecuador failed to make a goal on a great opportunity. I see no reason they couldn't have at least attempted something there, I'm not sure Switzerland would have been able to come back from that.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Even the not so great games at this World Cup have good moments, another there with that last 30 seconds.

Next up France vs Honduras then. Not expecting any shocks here.

Years
  • There go my dark horse expectations for Ecuador.

Honduras are a dirty team, only time I've decided not to support the underdogs as a neutral. Palacios probably earned three reds in that half.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I felt lucky that Switzerland won that game. Ecuador could have EASILY won the game there, but made a big mistake which cost them. I'm looking forward to the Argentina-Bosnia/Herz game.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I don't think the France-Honduras game was any good here. It was quite boring to be honest.

Back