• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

horrible (baby) names

smocks

fiat lux
Years
  • what are some horrible baby names? or what are some names you absolutely hate? etc

apple is a p horrible name

TY

Names that have to be ridiculously complex

Like... Why?

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • Is this thread inspired by Kardashians/Jenners maybe?

Some I have heard are,
    Nirvana
    Blade
    Malachi
    Rocket
    Nevaeh
    Onyx
    Jupiter

and a couple of weeks ago at work I met my first Game of Thrones inspired name - a little girl named Sansa.

Years
  • what are some horrible baby names? or what are some names you absolutely hate? etc

apple is a p horrible name

Any name to do with fruit is horrible. Living in China something common for Chinese parents to do is give their child an English name as well as their real one. What they think of as cute in their culture just comes across as plane strange. I know so many Apple's. I even know a Guava and an Orange.

string555

Banned
    Years
  • I feel bad for any Slavik girl named 'Marfa'. If they live in the US, kids probably call them names like 'Barfa' and such. :X

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2019
    Hashtag.

Nutella.

Isis.

Nevaeh, and any other name spelled backward for that matter.

Literally any combination name.

Take any noun and add a "quia" to the end.

any name inspired by an anime character. Seriously guys, don't name your kid Naruto.

Winner and Loser. This literally happened.

"Unique" alternate spelling names. If you're gonna name your daughter Madison, just name her Madison. Not Matyson.

Le-a, pronounced "Ledasha".

Aquafresh. Personally, I prefer naming my daughter April Fresh.

Abcde, pronounced "Ab-sid-ee".

Chlamydia. Apparently, some people think that sounds pretty.

North West, and any "punny" name for that matter.

Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily.

Ahmiracle, Lamiracles, and Jamiracles.

Anna...(yes, the ellipses are a part of the name)

I'munique.

Baby Girl.

Little Sweetmeat.

Merica.

Orgasm.

Abstinence.

Moxie Crimefighter.

Phelony.

Facebook.

Olive Garden.

The list goes on.

Last edited:

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    There are some location names I can get behind, like Dallas and Paris aren't too bad. But Chicago as a name is horrible & that's coming from a very loyal chicagoan who loves the city.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    i dont like stormi but i dont C anything wrong with chicago better than "calabasas" or some shit lmfao

but i saw some youtube video about baby names and one of them was like Huxley? and they adopted a kid and named him Huxley. I dont get it

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
  • It really sucks that Isis has become associated with terrorists, as it's a nice name otherwise and is the name of an Egyptian deity. Maybe it'll be usable again someday... (Not saying it's horrible, because I do kinda like it, but the aforementioned terrorist association would haunt the poor kid for a long time, maybe even forever...)

I actually like offbeat names, though some of them are either too out there (like Hashtag) or mean (Loser).

What annoys me the most is when an English name is spelled one way, but said another. Or when common names are given "fresh" spellings, and those lead to confusions of pronunciation. For example, naming a child Aivory, and using the "Ivory" pronunciation. That person will probably be correcting people on the saying and spelling of their name for the rest of their life.

Overly "cute" names like Princess and Baby are also pretty bad, in my opinion. I don't think I need to explain myself too much here...

Back