• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you play the spinoffs?

Years
  • Do you play the spinoff games, or just main series? If you play spinoffs, do you play all/most of them, or only a specific series (Mystery Dungeon, Ranger, etc)?

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2020
    I love Mystery Dungeon, Ranger, and PokePark it's fun take on the Pokemon world. When I got older I was shocked to learn the spinoff games have a smaller following than the main games.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I played many of the spin-offs, and I don't think I disliked any either. My favorites were Colosseum and Gale of Darkness, but I've played through Pokemon Snap a few times. Mystery Dungeon is my favorite out of the entire series in terms of story.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I've played a good chunk of them. I wouldn't say a lot of them, but I played a few of the Mystery Dungeon ones, both Colosseu, and XD, and like all the spin off games for the first two generations. I feel like after Sky the spin-off games just tended to dwindle in general because I can't really think of a spectacular that has come out since then honestly.

Years
  • mystery dungeon and the ranger series are the only spin-offs i've ever played. beautiful games! on par with (if not better than) the main games. more ranger games please

Years
  • The spinoffs I have played, in no particular order:

- PMD Series
    - Pokemon Colosseum
    - Pokemon XD
    - Pokemon Battle Revolution
    - Pokemon Stadium
    - Hey You, Pikachu!

... I miss playing spinoffs. I feel like it's a shame TPC doesn't really make them as much as they used to? At least not anything... super notable maybe aside from Detective Pikachu. And that doesn't really seem like my thing.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I tend to play the Ranger and Mystery Dungeon games quite often. I have the Detective Pikachu game as well, but I haven't played much of it yet.

Years
  • I think I have played all of the spinoffs but the Ranger series. I could never get into those games for some reason.

Colosseum and XD are my all time favorites.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I've played a good chunk of them. Let's see...

Colosseum - multiple, and to the point of doing a parody fic of it whoops
    XD - once, intend to replay
    PBR: Did wifi battles and the simplistic story mode
    Stadium/2: Minigames and some rental battles with friends
    Snap - bits at a friend's place
    Ranger 2 - beat it, I describe it as circles of friendship: the game
    Conquest: bits, was decent fun
    Pokemon Pinball (both): bits, good simple fun
    Puzzle League (sp): the one with GSC characters and music. Fun puzzle game!
    Rumble series: various. Beat the 3ds one (ftp btw :V) and also played the DS and Wii eShop ones. Not bad fun with friends! Less said about the Wii U one though...
    Ranch! Cute game to leave on the background and get silly pictures of

Maybe a couple others...?

Years
  • Aside from the Stadium games, Snap, and a bit of 2 Mystery Dungeon games, I never really got into the spinoffs (unless you count mobile games like GO and Magikarp Jump). It's a bit of a shame really, as I liked the idea behind the Ranger series and Colosseum/XD, but just never found time to jump into any of the games.

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • I played Colosseum and XD, a few Mystery Dungeon ones (Blue team and Explorers of Sky, though I played the former more), Channel mostly because of the free Jirachi, and I'm gonna also name Smash (Melee, Brawl, and Ultimate) just because I first got Melee because there were Pokémon in it, but I don't consider it a spin-off series.

Last edited:
    Years
  • No, but I'm playing to play most of them this year. I'm mostly instered in PMD and Colosseum/XD.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • I've played all the spin offs except Pokken Tournament which I plan to play someday. My first Pokémon game was Pokémon mystery dungeon so ofc I'd be a fan of spin offs!

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • I love playing Pokepark Wii (1) on my nephew's Wii, Pokepark 2 is meh

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Yeah. I've played a lot of the spinoffs. Every one except Pokenn, the Stadium games, Pokepark 1, the Art Academy one & Pokemon Snap. There are more I'm sure, I just forget.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I've played a lot of Mystery Dungeon and Ranger, and a tiny bit of Pokemon Battle Revolution. A bit of Trading Card Game too.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I've played a lot of the spinoffs, but there are certain spinoff series I've never touched. I've never played the Ranger or Conquest games.

My favorite spinoffs include the PMD games, the TCG game (I've only played the original one, though I wouldn't mind finding a language patch for the second one and playing it at some point), the Stadium and Colosseum games, and Snap.

Back