• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: Pokemon ArcticWInd

AdAstraGL

Music Composer | Rom Hacker
Years
me. Anything that's not in the credits was done by me.
Nice, then. :smile:

most of the instruments came from hgss, with some from bw/b2w2 and some from dppt. the samples from bw/b2w2 were either small enough to use or I reduced their size myself. The sample data is actually already in the game; all these songs are recordings from the game with a lot more to come very soon.
Alright, got it. Tedious work to say the least, but it does pay off.

EDIT: one last question. What led you to choose this title for your project?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 4, 2021
theyre not
attachment.php

Attachments

• heroine2.png
    heroine2.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 3,713

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
Years
Man, I wish more people did full DS ROM hacks, let alone on Platinum.

Not that you have to add them, but if you keep working on this until after Gen 8 Pokémon become a thing, look to see if giving them a shot will benefit your hack at all. Looking forward to you finishing this!

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
It's really awesome to see more Gen IV hacks so far, we may have some rather fragile tools at our disposal when it comes to making ROM Hacks like this one, but as time goes on, we hope more map editing tools get developed, especially for the fifth generation.

Pokémon ArcticWind has an amazing storyline and is all set with a completely original soundtrack as well, which is how the best ROM Hacks are developed in extraordinary style, the 3D models can also be taken advantage of, and redesigned with new textures. Really looking forward to seeing this project develop into an amazing masterpiece!

This will help encourage other ROM hack developers develop more for Gen IV and later, really looking forward to what the future holds.

Best of luck to you!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 4, 2021
I meant the trainer sprites not overworld sprites.
Those also arent
Spoiler:

Not that you have to add them, but if you keep working on this until after Gen 8 Pokémon become a thing, look to see if giving them a shot will benefit your hack at all. Looking forward to you finishing this!
This will definitely still be in development when gen 8 releases and I probably will consider adding gen 8 pokemon since the Pokédex hasnt been finalized yet.
attachment.php

City 1

Welcome to the world of Pokémon/Route theme 3

Surf

Haunted area

Encounter 3

vs. Gym Leader

Attachments

• city1.mp3
    4.3 MB
  • route3.mp3
    3.6 MB
  • surf.mp3
    5.3 MB
  • spooky.mp3
    6.4 MB
  • eye_florallady.mp3
    2.9 MB
  • ba_gym.mp3
    5.5 MB
  • route54.png
    route54.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 999
  • heroine2.png
    heroine2.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 995
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 7, 2022
This hack looks good and interesting, but could you add new moves and abilities from Gen 5 to Gen 7 if it's possible?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 4, 2021
not much at all has been done since the last update sorry. this is more or less on an indefinite hiatus

Back