• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Awards] Prettiest Profile Contest!

Years
  • As expected, I didn't do well (hint hint, simplicity won't get you anywhere) but I'm so happy for Nica because her third place still means our team gets some points. At least I know that if I ever enter these again, I have to start adopting more complex methods.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • Yours was plenty fine. But yeah, Nica's was my favorite tbh

I realized that no actually put in a lot of effort in when I checked hers, I was pretty surprised myself. It's no wonder that she won.

Years
  • I feel like I did a good job, but just didn't have the effort. I likely blame it for the chosen theme since I found it tricky to pull off, if this was something that would have been easier I would have done better.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • That blame gets proxied to the staff though (>:D), since I can't just make everyone go and use a Greek Mythology theme. Too specific lmao. And anything else wouldn't have fit the GT12 rules.

Years
  • I can see why. Here's hoping next year's theme is one I'm easier at pulling off. Is there still going to be a consolation emblem for the supporters who failed to get enough votes? It would be sad if all we get is nothing.

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I entered, forgot to edit my profile and forgot to vote (didn't get your PM notification, Syn-chan xP).

Awkward.

Still, the winner. I loved their profile. Props to them for making it look so good. Here's to hope I actually get off my lazy ass and do something for once the next time one of these are up haha. Congrats to all the winners! :)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • *cries*

I expected Juno to win tbh lol

it also probably doesn't help that some people sent in their votes before I actually edited my profile

and then I saw like four other space themed profiles omg

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I can see why. Here's hoping next year's theme is one I'm easier at pulling off. Is there still going to be a consolation emblem for the supporters who failed to get enough votes? It would be sad if all we get is nothing.

This would actually be nice.

Also, let's hope next years theme is easier to pull off. I had a hard time finding anything for mine because I don't know HOW people even make theirs so gorgeous either. D:

Years
  • and then I saw like four other space themed profiles omg

Sadly I was one of those, and it was definitely the worst. I just can't pull off magic and mystical themes well enough, and as soon as I saw Juno's entry I was like "that's it, I'm doomed" but anyways congrats to her and Hoenn for taking top honours.

I feel like I never do good in events like this, because I recall all previous PPCs I did had me failing to make the cut and having to settle for nothing. 2016's theme needs to be the one that can end my losing streak, because that's where my struggles tend to lie.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Still, the winner. I loved their profile. Props to them for making it look so good. Here's to hope I actually get off my lazy ass and do something for once the next time one of these are up haha. Congrats to all the winners! :)

I'd respond to your VM but I can't, so thank you! :P

There were tons of really great profiles in the competition so I didn't expect to win, but thanks to everyone that voted and Akiba for hosting, hope to see you all in the next GT!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Congrats to the winners (I'm soon gonna get rid of those animated bubbles on mine because they are oddly hypnotic lol)

I do have to agree that the theme was difficult to work around, and magical girl anime was the only idea that came to mind for me (well, that and an obscure slice of life anime that has a sprinkling of magic elements). I'd actually support not having it revolve around a specific theme at all.

Years
  • I'd actually support not having it revolve around a specific theme at all.

I'd be all for this, doing away with having to follow a theme altogether. We need to consider those who struggled with certain themes, and this year's theme I clearly struggled with because I barely got any votes. You could easily tell by the entries' complexity of their design who pulled the theme off well and who fell flat.

Back