• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Dragon Ascent: A Dragon Lover's Club

Pick the newest dragon club mascot!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • I think this is a very underrated poketuber. I look forward to Ovi's theory, he has some interesting thoughts to share about why Kyurem can only fuse with Reshiram or Zekrom, not both, and just go back to being the original dragon.

If they remake the Unova games one day would you like to see this concept explored, and a new dragon?

Years
  • So, I had a question for members? Do you have any dragon memorabilia?

I have a little here and there. On Black Friday I bought this cute little Dratini plush from the Pokemon center to keep my Dragonite company. It's very well made.
    Dragon Ascent: A Dragon Lover's Club

I also have an Nendoroid of N with his Reshiram--this set was a present from my mom last Christmas. My favorite T-shirt to wear is has the three-headed red dragon sigil representing House Targaryen from Game of Thrones, accompanied by their house words, "Fire and Blood." My lap top carrying case also has an blue eastern imperial dragon design on the front and back.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • I got plushies of Salamence and Garchomp, a figure of a Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon along with a couple of dragon Pokemon figurines.

I plan to expand on it with a Stardust Dragon figure whenever it releases for sale.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't have any dragon merch, but that Dratini is cute

Years
  • I got plushies of Salamence and Garchomp, a figure of a Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon along with a couple of dragon Pokemon figurines.

I plan to expand on it with a Stardust Dragon figure whenever it releases for sale.

That sounds really cool! If you ever want to share photos then don't be shy! I'd love to see that Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon figurine especially.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • That sounds really cool! If you ever want to share photos then don't be shy! I'd love to see that Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon figurine especially.

Sure thing!

The plushies (along with Tyranitar cause i was too lazy to move him)
    Spoiler:

The Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon
    Spoiler:

Small warning: Images might be gargantuan, my phone's camera tends to make images way larger than they should be :(

Years
  • Sure thing!

The plushies (along with Tyranitar cause i was too lazy to move him)
    Spoiler:

The Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon
    Spoiler:

Small warning: Images might be gargantuan, my phone's camera tends to make images way larger than they should be :(

I adore these!!! Hey, I love big pictures anyway, and in this case the better to see all the draconic majesty. Awww, I'm glad you kept Tyranitar in the picture actually because he's really cute, and I'd like to get one. He's a pseudo dragon anyway like Gyarados or Salazzles so he looks good next to Garchomp and Salamence. I like the whole collection. Everything looks like a good size and well-made. Also I see TCG!

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • I adore these!!! Hey, I love big pictures anyway, and in this case the better to see all the draconic majesty. Awww, I'm glad you kept Tyranitar in the picture actually because he's really cute, and I'd like to get one. He's a pseudo dragon anyway like Gyarados or Salazzles so he looks good next to Garchomp and Salamence. I like the whole collection. Everything looks like a good size and well-made. Also I see TCG!

Well that's a good thing then! You'd be right about the TCG aswell, though the most left card isn't a dragon, the white one funnily enough is also a dragon: Borreload Savage Dragon. I do have a lot of Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG cards, lots of Dragons aswell to go along with it. If I had to name all of those I'd have made my largest post on the forums ever!

Years
  • The dragon pokemon for the month of December is Mega Sceptile! This is my first-time highlighting a pokemon's mega-evolution specifically, but since Sceptile is a pure grass type in his base form and only gains a dragon when it mega evolves I decided to make this Pokemon an exception. The reason I picked mega Sceptile is because it's the holiday season, and it's flamboyant tail is notorious for being compared with a Christmas tree.

Have you ever used a Mega Sceptile before? If so how do you like this mon?

Yes, and I absolutely adore it! It's actually my favorite mega evolution, and not having mega-evolution in gen 8 saddens me because I loved my Mega Sceptile Draco paired with Gyarados. I think their abilities made them interesting dancing partners. Wirh Gyarados' intimidate up my Sceptile has been able to survive a physical hit, and Gyarados especially appreciates having that beautiful lightning rod of Sceptile's on the field.

Where does Sceptile rank among the Hoenn Starters in your opinion? Is it the best of the 3, in the middle or is it last?

Sceptile happens to be my favorite of the Hoenn starters, which is saying something because. All of them are cute in the first stage, but Sceptile has my favorite design in the final stage + it's mega. Throughout it's evolutionary line I think it has a lot of personality that shines throuh, a sleek, blase look. I also love this pokemon for it's speed. There's little I can't outrun. It's actually my favorite starter out of all generations as of now.

Any memorable Sceptile moments in the anime?

I love Sawyer's Mega Sceptile thoughout the Lumiose Conference. As for regular Sceptile Ash's was pretty cool versus Tobias's Darkrai.

Years
  • Happy New Year Clubhouse fans,

I had a question for my dragon tamers now that we have heard word of 200 pokemon coming to Sword and Shield.

Is there a dragon that you previously missed from an older gen that you will be able to have access to in gen 8 now.

Alas, still no sign of my favorite dragonite yet. I hope he makes it.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I would say Zekrom but I already knew that it was going to make it back in since about 30 Pokémon had been datamined shortly before release, so besides that we're getting Garchomp back which I like

RIP my fab shiny/pink mega Garchomp tho since Megas aren't a thing in SwSh

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I have a mini Dragonite plushie that I purchased from a street vendor a few years ago! I don't collect plushies by any means, but she was just so cute I couldn't pass her up!

Now, I must say that I absolutely adore Sceptile. I think it's regular form and it's mega both have such alluring designs. I possessed a mega Sceptile in Omega Ruby and she was incredibly overpowered. Sceptile is such a lovely Pokémon to use, it has great stats and when it mega-evolves it mercilessly annihilates even the strongest of opponents!

In terms of ranking, I'd say Sceptile is my 2nd favourite Hoenn starter, just ever so slightly behind Blaziken. Overall, I'd say that Sceptile is in my top 5 favourite starters indefinitely! I also adore its pre-evolution, Grovyle, as well. I love its role in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon especially.

My favourite moment of Sceptile in the anime is when Ash and May had a contest battle that ended up being Sceptile vs. Blaziken. That has to be one of the most intense battles in the Pokémon anime. (This was AG191: "One More With Reeling" I believe.)

Last edited:

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Today is Appreciate a Dragon Day!

Spoiler: my dragon merch dump (images may be big and apologizes some are sideways)

A fake wand I got from Spirit Halloween, it's actually quite well-made!

Got this bad boy at a fan expo and I haven't found a spot to display it so it's still in its box.

Snow globes I got years and years ago. Also, an incense holder which I haven't used apart from decoration.

A bunch of general dragon merch: necklaces, a dagger (unfortunately the blade has broken from its handle), metal dragon figures, dragon box, two Dragon-type pins, another incense holder, and dragon figurines.

Dragon figures and plush but they are all Pokemon + Ridley. And other non-Pokemon/non-Dragon-type merch are there too.

Finally, here are my dragon plushies! I decided to sneak Scrafty in there too. :P

Spoiler: sceptile
    Have you ever used a Mega Sceptile before? If so how do you like this mon?
    I've used it a few times and it's a nice fast sweeper.

Where does Sceptile rank among the Hoenn Starters in your opinion? Is it the best of the 3, in the middle or is it last?
    My favourite out of the three; while I love Swampert, I think I prefer Sceptile more. I'm not a fan of Blaziken however.

Any memorable Sceptile moments in the anime?
    I don't watch the anime much but I do remember Sawyer's Sceptile and how much it has grown with Sawyer.

As for returning Pokemon, I'm glad Garchomp's coming back and I'm hoping Naganadel can make it too.

Years
  • I have ADORED hearing thoughts about different pokemon from everyone and seeing all this brilliant dragon merchandise. I'm in good company! This club makes me smile!

I am experimenting with a new series this year for Dragon Ascent called, "The Real-Life Dragons." It's a nature series that presents different animals from our planet that are as close as it gets to genuine dragons.

For our first installment I would like you guys to meet Draco! A draco is a striking little lizard colored like the leaves in the beautiful Southeast Asian rainforests where it resides. Draco can be found in the Phillipines, India, Indonesia, Cambodia, Malaysia, Thailand, Bangladesh and Vietnam just to name a few of his cool scenes. It's a shy critter that mostly stays safe chilling in the top of a coconut tree, munching in insects-- their primary food source. The females only come down to the ground below to lay their eggs.

The Draco lizard has skin flaps on it's chest and throat that can extend to look like wings. These flaps are used for display purposes, and fully functional. When a draco unfolds these flappings it can use them to glide through the air like it's on a hang-glider. It can go hundreds of feet in just a single leap. So cool!

Draco is the Latin word for Dragon, and because of this amazing creature's ability to glide long distances it's been nicknamed the flying dragon. See it take flight here!

There are 42 known species of Draco.

I think this Draco Volans looks like it's wearing the wings of a monarch butterfly as the sun shines down on it! So gorgeous!

Check out this Draco Dussumieri camouflaged perfectly into the bark of this tree. Can you spot him? Who knew there was a the real Kecleon? I swear it's there!

Would you like to see more installments like this? Let me know!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I have thought about which dragon Pokemon should represent the month of January for some time now. To arrive at this decision I asked myself 'What is January about?' Well, It's the beginning of a new year for one. I think it makes sense at the dawn of a new beginning to circle back to the place where things all began.

Dragon Ascent: A Dragon Lover's Clubhttps://postimages.org/

This month I would like to highlight the Dratini evolutionary line, the first dragon type Pokemon to burst forth out of the imagination of Satoshi Taijiri. This line of pokemon was once the one and only of it's typing. Since Dratini, Dragonair and Dragonite all share the dragon typing I thought we could look at all 3 brothers in the spotlight this time, instead of picking 1.

So what are your thoughts on Dratini, Dragonair and Dragonite?

I am head-over-heels in love with this entire line of Pokemon. I like each of the three in their own way. Dratini is truly a precious creature with those big sad, innocent eyes. I see it and want to protect it like a baby seal or another vulnerable species since Dratini's supposed to be on the verge of extinction. Dragonair is a convincing evolution for Dratini. It's a matured design, elongated with feathery wings in place of the earfins that make it seem more like an angel. The gemstones on it's neck and tail are lovely too. What's not to like? It could be Milotic's distant cousin. My favorite is Dragonite though. His cheerful smile and simple, round shape just make me feel magic when I see him like Snorlax or Jigglypuff. While Dratini I want to protect, I see this Pokemon and know it's going to protect me.

Are there any moments in the anime or manga that stood out to you featuring Dratini, Dragonair or Dragonite?

Tons! Some of my favorites include Ash's epic battle with Drake's Dragonite during the Orange League, and Red's Viridian Forest encounter with Dratini in Pokemon Adventures, I love how this meeting inspires Yellow.

Ever trained a Dragonite? If so, then how did you like it as your teammate?

Yes, since I first began playing Pokemon with a copy of Pokemon yellow back in the day I have always caught Dratini and Dragonair whenever they are in the game, or transferred them over post game. I have raised quite a few Dragonites experimenting with different sets and natures. I love having this Pokemon on my team. I love how broad it's move pool is, and have had lots of fun turning them against my friends or just using them in game. I especially appreciate Dragonite getting multiscale in gen 5.

Have you ever had difficulties battling these Pokemon like facing Claire's Dragonairs or Lance's Dragonites?

Lance is the cousin I have trouble with, he is a complete monster as champion in the Johto games, particularly those 3 Dragonites and trying to figure out which one is carrying which moves. The outrages and hyper beams always hit like a truck. I think he's worse than Cynthia's Garchomp.

Where does the dratini line rank for you among the other psuedolegendary dragon evolutionary lines like bagon, gible, deino, goomy, jangmo-o and dreepy? Towards the top? The bottom? Around the middle?

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Ah, Dracos! I just love them and from my interpretation, Inteleon can be based of one because of its cape. It's so neat to see it use its own skin as wings. I would love to see more real life dragons showcased because I just love reptiles!

So what are your thoughts on Dratini, Dragonair, and Dragonite?
    To me, I think they are alright but I'm not the biggest Dragonite fan just because I think it's too cutesy for my tastes.

Ever trained a Dragonite? If so, then how did you like it as your teammate?
    I do recall using it a few times and I do even have a handful of Dragonites in Rare Balls (Love and Friend and I'm planning on Safari). It was quite the powerhouse to use with a solid movepool and I agree Multiscale helped it a lot.

Have you ever had difficulties battling these Pokemon like facing Claire's Dragonairs or Lance's Dragonites?
    I don't recall having troubles with them (just because Gatr with Ice Punch/Beam, don't remember, is solid against them) but I did remember having more trouble with Claire's Kingdra.

Where does the Dratini line rank for you among the other pseudo-legendary dragon evolutionary lines like Bagon, Gible, Deino, Goomy, Jangmo-o, and Dreepy? Towards the top? The bottom? Around the middle?
    Easily the bottom as the majority of the pseudo-legends are my favourites (Hydreigon, Dragapult, and Kommo-o are in my top 10 and Garchomp is in my top 20).

Years
  • Come by the fireside fellow dragon tamers

I have a question to share in the dragon's den with you all.

Are there any upcoming movies, games or novels etc that you look are looking forward to?

I am interested in Raya and the Last Dragon coming to theaters this fall. Not a lot of detail has been released about this movie, but I like the concept art I have seen for Sisu, a water dragon with a human form.

Would do you guys think of this one?

I also want to hear some about Dragon Rider, which is based on a German novel. I know that one of the voice actors is my man Patrick Stewart, and this one includes in it's storyline two of my favorite mythological creatures-- dragons and fairies.

Chime in with any television shows, books, movies, comics, games etc you have your eye on in 2020 that will feature dragons!

Years
  • February is the month of love and gaeity with sweet romantic holidays like Valentine's Day and Dragobete. So I wanted to choose a dragon pokemon that would capture the spirit of joy and wonder this month! I think Altaria is a good choice! February is a time that has many important days of spiritual awakening like Candlemas and the start of Lent for Christians and Nirvana Day for Buddhists. So I chose a pokemon to close out the month that looks like an angel. Altaria is always up in the clouds, smiling and singing a heavenly song.

Do you like Altaria? Have you ever used an Altaria or mega Altaria before?

I actually have little experience of Altaria, and have never used mega Altaria. That will make hearing the experiences of other trainers even more interesting and fun since I have never fully taken advantage of this little guy myself!

I did catch a Swablu in Emerald and thought it was cute, and when I discovered it evolved into a dragon Pokemon and saw it's design as Altaria I made sure to at least evolve it! It reminds me a little of Tweety Bird from the neck up, especially the yellow shiny. I ended up boxing it because I didn't have the patience to explore it's utility options and was more accustomed to using dragons for that raw power like Dragonite, rather than defensively and turned my attention to Salamence. But I know there's a lot more to Altaria than meets the eye. Like Gardevoir more of it's potential was unlocked in gen 6 with a more diverse movepool and a dramatic mega evolution that buffed it's stats, added fairy typing + the ability pixelate. So someone here has probably made their Altaria a star just like Winona did!

Did you remember Lisia from Oras and her Altaria? Did you ever compete against them?

Yes!! I love contests, and like this character of Wallace's niece. She's like the mentor that Diantha should have been to the player, and this contest star and her Altaria were really a formidable duo, especially if you didn't have a mega-evolution of your own for that extra boost. I beat her with a shiny Milotic, and it was important to me that I win the contest with that particular pokemon. I wanted her to get the special ribbon that appears over the pokeball when you become master rank in every category. When Lisia was unlocked as a challenger I already had gotten a ribbon on my Milotic for every category except cleverness. I was lucky there because this the category that I was required to face her in happened to be one of Altaria's weaker ones. While this is a category that I didn't find that easy to come up with a good Milotic set for either, I preferred facing Altaria in Cleverness than one where Altaria has a lot of good moves. There's not a ton of room for error in any of the categories by this level, but in some of the contests like Beauty I found Altaria just an impossible nightmare to get pass.

I really was proud when my Milotic became champion, and it was nice getting those inspirational speeches from Lisia with Altaria in toe-- they are a likeable pair so like Steven Stone I have mixed feelings about finally defeating them, and have to admit even though we were on opposing sides it was cool seeing Altaria perform some of those combos and special moves!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Do you like Altaria? Have you ever used an Altaria or mega Altaria before?

I do adore Altaria, It's such a majestic pokemon! I used a Mega Altaria in-game in my run of Alpha Sapphire. It is an incredibly strong pokemon and absolutely detonated my foes. I also captured a Swablu in Platinum and evolved it into an Altaria quite recently, actually. It's a pokemon that I've utilized in multiple generations and it is a pokemon that I hope to use in the future.

Did you remember Lisia from Oras and her Altaria? Did you ever compete against them?

Lisia is nearly impossible to forget! She's one of the most eccentric and interesting characters in ORAS and perhaps one of the most dynamic characters presented to us thus far. I adore her bubbly personality, and her sheer cockiness and boastfulness is intoxicating. She is a multi-faceted character, which I enjoy. Furthermore, she makes for a much more intriguing rival than say Brendan/May or Wally. she reminds me of Ursula from the Diamond and Pearl series, as they have similar personalities and both possess overbearing egos.

I have faced off-against Lisia, being a contest fanatic. In short, she was decimated by my pokemon's pure beauty and sophistication! (I actually believe I used a Milotic in competition against her.)

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Mega Altaria is fun to use since it has some flexibility in how you can run it, and Dragon/Fairy is a cool typing

which this reminds me since I have one in my party that I gotta finish that Black 2 run sometime lol

Back