• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle of the cute Mythicals! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Which is your favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Ever since gen 1 brought us Mew - a creature representing untold power and rarity in a tiny, pink, doe-eyed package - it seems that every generation has followed its example. Which of these little ones is your favorite? :love:

Years
  • I was torn between Mew and Celebi, but ultimately went with the latter. I love the idea of Celebi being able to time travel, and being able to live in different periods of time whenever it pleases.

Years
  • thinking between mew or jirachi. both their movies was one of the best of the pokemon anime franchise. i think i'd go with mew though since i think its a lil' bit cuter ehehe :p

Years
  • Was really torn between Mew and Jirachi, but I am a big fan of the Jirachi Wishmaker movie and love the symbolism linking Jirachi to the Tanabata festival and that he wears a crown of Tanzaku papers, so I chose Jirachi this time. I think nobody would contest that he is a strong pokemon, but how creative he is from a concept and design standpoint is really underrated I think. I think most people know he's cute, but I think he's an especially cool and unique creation.

Last edited:
    Years
  • why isnt shaymin on this list sobs

voting for none bc i would vote for shaymin :'(

I mean, on this list I guess I would pick Mew...

Last edited:

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • why isnt shaymin on this list sobs

voting for none bc i would vote for shaymin :'(

I mean, on this list I guess I would pick Mew...
    :frown: I knew there would be some controversy over the poll options - some people count Shaymin, Hoopa and/or Marshadow as part of this group in addition to or instead of the 7 I listed. A common distinguishing factor is that the "Cute Mythicals" (note the capitalization) have base stat totals of 600 w/ 100 in each stat - but if we're going by that, gen 6 and gen 7 don't even have one, so that's not as fun.
    Personally, I tend to go with the 7 in the poll because they have similar physical features - the same vaguely humanoid body plan (can't say "bipedal" because of Manaphy and Diancie) with a big head, and most of them have similar faces...It really seems to me like they were designed to fit the same mold, and I don't get that from Shaymin. I would've liked to include every Pokemon that can be thought of as a "Cute Mythical", just to make their fans happy, but that'd inflate the amount of poll options too much so I had to make a decision. Sorry I couldn't put your favorite :shaking-head-no:

(Honestly, if I were to categorize Shaymin, I'd put it with Meloetta and Hoopa - they're all (lowercase) cute Mythical Pokemon with form changes!)

Last edited:
    Years
  • (Honestly, if I were to categorize Shaymin, I'd put it with Meloetta and Hoopa - they're all (lowercase) cute Mythical Pokemon with form changes!)

That makes sense, and that way you leave the door opens for someone to make another poll, where Meloetta, Hoopa, Keldeo and Shaymin come to the arena to duke it out, and decide who is the best form-changing mythical.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    For me this was between Celebi and Jirachi, and I picked Jirachi.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    hnnng this one is really hard because I honestly love all of them! In the end I'd have to go with Victini mostly because of the Victini movie but also because it's super cute and I love the little Victory thing it has going on for it!

Years
  • tumblr_ni1kf2ddRN1qfjr5zo6_r2_250.gif
    tumblr_ni1kf2ddRN1qfjr5zo1_r1_250.gif

No competition. Diancie is in my top five favorites and the #1 Pokémon that would probably be most fitting for me if I were to become one. She is so elegant, cute, and sweet! I have never bonded with a Pokémon so much. <3

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I have always adored Celebi; she remains one of my top favourite Pokémon to this day! It thrilled me to see her appear in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. She has a cute character and I love how they made her shiny. Voice of the Forest is also very nostalgic and holds a special place in my heart.

An elegant Mega Evolution is what this cute fairy deserves!

tumblr_pelv7tbm7u1qioqevo4_250.gif

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • As much as I love Diancie(particularly its movie and the fact it can Mega Evolve), I'm going with Magearna here. Steel/Fairy is freaking OP and there's nothing you can do to change my mind.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Jirachi is THE CUTEST THING EVER! Such an endearing, lovable pokemon. It has excellent typing and a unique design as well. Besides, Jirachi: Wish Maker is among the best pokemon films! The movie brings me to tears every single time.

tenor.gif

Celebi and Mew are a close second and third for me, both I love so much! Celebi, especially! I mean, the shiny Celebi in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time, Darkness, and Sky was a fabulous character!

Last edited:
    Back