• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: What are you hoping for?

Years
  • Anyway, would it be too much to get different (or customizable) ride Pokemon. The Machamp thing was funny at the beginning yes, but my character has dignity and probably doesn't want to be caried bridal style by a freakin Machamp.

When you look at the lineup of ride Pokemon in S/M, each one was meant to serve the role of a HM or other items.
    - Tauros served as Rock Smash + Bicycle
    - Stoutland served as a Dowsing Machine
    - Lapras served as Surf travel on water, along with being able to fish on water
    - Sharpedo was for Rock Smash as well, but on water
    - Charizard served as the Fly user
    - Mudsdale was the only one that didn't serve an HM role, with crossing rocky terrain
    - Machamp was used to push rocks, like Strength

pkmin3033

In terms of Pokerides, all I hope for - and I think this is a reasonable, relatively plausible hope - is that their usage is expanded. I'd like to use Lapras/Sharpedo to travel between islands, not just along set routes. Soaring in the sky with Charizard would be cool, but I expect that would be too much, even if it was a pretty cool thing in ORAS.

One thing I wouldn't mind would be other HMs in Pokerides...Rock Climb would be cool. Flash/Defog could be interesting, but probably frustrating due to the limited range of vision you'd probably have.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

If you don't want to keep conversing with somebody in a thread, it's better to simply stop replying back to them than to confront them in a way that derails the thread. Please take a deep breath and step away for a while if you feel annoyed with something online, it's good advice I've had to learn to follow myself.

Now, I hope you'll want to keep discussing what you're hoping for in US/UM! :)

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Sorry adventure. Will return to topic.

I hope that the story involves the island guardians. They were only obtainable post game and we saw only small bits from tapu koko in story.

I love to catch them in story this time round.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • I hope that the story involves the island guardians. They were only obtainable post game and we saw only small bits from tapu koko in story.

I love to catch them in story this time round.

The island guardians still got a small role in the plot in the originals though. Although Tapu Koko was the only one to get screentime, we get offhand mentions to the other guardians as well, as Lillie mentions taking Cosmoem to Tapu Fini, and Tapu Bulu is inexplicitly mentioned as trashing the older Megamart. Hopefully we actually get to see them actually take on the Ultra Beasts, as they seem to be the focus of these games.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind Hau'oli City to be expanded greatly, if not a major expansion with Hau'oli City, I'd like Alola to have a whole new "large city"... Hau'oli City was quite small to some of the previous major cities in past games...

I would also like less cutscenes and tutorials and more gameplay.

NavyBlue

Hoenn Lover
    Years
  • I hope there's enough new, creative content (esp. more post-game stuff) to warrant me purchasing another game in Alola. I'm tryin' to save for a Switch here, so if S/M is similar enough to US/UM then I'll stick with what I've got.

pkmin3033

After Gen 8, maybe? GF aren't Microsoft; they won't just skip a generation. xD

Echoing sentiments for expanded Tapu role/actual significance, too. They seemed like a colossal waste of space in SM - Legendaries for the sake of Legendaries - and given how much crap the islands go through, it'd be nice to see them actually...y'know, guard them.

Years
  • Echoing sentiments for expanded Tapu role/actual significance, too. They seemed like a colossal waste of space in SM - Legendaries for the sake of Legendaries - and given how much crap the islands go through, it'd be nice to see them actually...y'know, guard them.

Each Tapu was mentioned, but like you said only Koko made a notable appearance before the postgame. In fact, the other Tapus don't even appear until you battle them, we don't even see them guarding their islands.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    This is something I'm hoping for but also something that I think might actually come true.

Does anyone else think they might make Marshadow catchable in Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon? We think it's just going to be an event release but I could see them pulling a Deoxys and including him as catchable in these new games as part of a post-game story.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    This is something I'm hoping for but also something that I think might actually come true.

Does anyone else think they might make Marshadow catchable in Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon? We think it's just going to be an event release but I could see them pulling a Deoxys and including him as catchable in these new games as part of a post-game story.
    Doubt it. Deoxys was a one off and there was no free month for it to be given away as an event when they started doing monthly event releases.

Marshadow is likely an event pokemon. They could surprise us but i wouldn't hold my breath on it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    This might be a little bit random, but can we not appear in full on Pokéride attire when we have a wild encounter while riding? I know it makes more logical sense and all, but I put a lot of effort into character designs in the games in which we have the option, so seeing the ugly ride gear kind of messes with that.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

This might be a little bit random, but can we not appear in full on Pokéride attire when we have a wild encounter while riding? I know it makes more logical sense and all, but I put a lot of effort into character designs in the games in which we have the option, so seeing the ugly ride gear kind of messes with that.
    How about if you got to design/recolour the riding gear instead? I can't honestly see them doing away with this - it was random to add it in, and it'd be equally random to suddenly remove it - but if they expanded it a little it'd be more tolerable, perhaps?

...because yeah, that riding gear is horrific.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • This probably will never happen: but I wish they finally made mega evos for the rest of the starter pokemon that don't have any yet. :/ I'd find it unsatisfying (personally) if some starters had megas and others had Alola forms.

Years
  • I think that new alola forms are a must.

Beyond that perhaps a way to turn off all of the hand-holding. It reduces the feeling of adventure when my pokedex shows me exactly where to go 95% of the time.

Back