• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event: [Main Thread] Who's That Pokémon? ×

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
  • Okay, everyone! I hinted at this a couple days ago, but it's time for me to make an important announcement regarding WTP's future!

Starting this Saturday, on December 10, I will be officially stepping down as the host of WTP. Rest assured, though, because we certainly aren't closing down yet! Lycanthropy will be taking charge of this contest from Week 81 onward (this time not as a substitute, ahaha), so please treat him well!

I sincerely had a LOT of fun hosting this throughout the past year and a half, but I'm sure most of you have noticed how stale I've been getting lately. I remember how I wanted to revolutionize WTP with a bunch of new ideas beginning with Week 20, but unfortunately, a lot of those ideas went severely underutilized. Riddles, trivial facts, rotated images, shiny sprites, and even Sugimori artwork are things that we have seen at least once or twice, but in hindsight, those happened wayyyyy too rarely in proportion to how long this contest has been running. With Lycan as the new host, I'm hoping we'll see a lot more interesting Bonus Puzzles (and Extra Puzzles while we're at it) than we did during my era!

Now that I'm taking a backseat, I'm going to work on some pretty big plans for the Pokémon Trivia section as a whole! If all goes well, it might indirectly give more incentives to participate in WTP, but let's not get into the details of that yet. ;) Oh yeah, and there's a slight chance I might occasionally come back to host Bonus Puzzles if I have any fresh ideas, but that's definitely not guaranteed to happen, so don't count on it! xD

Thank you sooooo much to everyone who has ever participated in WTP, and especially to those of you who have stuck around for a long time! <3 I'm really going to miss you all, but I'll still be around here to see how everything is going! Thanks again for all of the great memories, and I wish any current/future participants the best of luck! And good luck to Lycan as well — I'm confident that you'll be a much better host than I was! ^-^ With that being said...

Revise out ♥

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Okay, everyone! I hinted at this a couple days ago, but it's time for me to make an important announcement regarding WTP's future!

Starting this Saturday, on December 10, I will be officially stepping down as the host of WTP. Rest assured, though, because we certainly aren't closing down yet! Lycanthropy will be taking charge of this contest from Week 81 onward (this time not as a substitute, ahaha), so please treat him well!

I sincerely had a LOT of fun hosting this throughout the past year and a half, but I'm sure most of you have noticed how stale I've been getting lately. I remember how I wanted to revolutionize WTP with a bunch of new ideas beginning with Week 20, but unfortunately, a lot of those ideas went severely underutilized. Riddles, trivial facts, rotated images, shiny sprites, and even Sugimori artwork are things that we have seen at least once or twice, but in hindsight, those happened wayyyyy too rarely in proportion to how long this contest has been running. With Lycan as the new host, I'm hoping we'll see a lot more interesting Bonus Puzzles (and Extra Puzzles while we're at it) than we did during my era!

Now that I'm taking a backseat, I'm going to work on some pretty big plans for the Pokémon Trivia section as a whole! If all goes well, it might indirectly give more incentives to participate in WTP, but let's not get into the details of that yet. ;) Oh yeah, and there's a slight chance I might occasionally come back to host Bonus Puzzles if I have any fresh ideas, but that's definitely not guaranteed to happen, so don't count on it! xD

Thank you sooooo much to everyone who has ever participated in WTP, and especially to those of you who have stuck around for a long time! <3 I'm really going to miss you all, but I'll still be around here to see how everything is going! Thanks again for all of the great memories, and I wish any current/future participants the best of luck! And good luck to Lycan as well — I'm confident that you'll be a much better host than I was! ^-^ With that being said...

Revise out ♥
    And I'm one of those who already knew the secret ;).

U did an awesome job at the Host bud, so give urself a pat on the back.

Will miss ya as the Host bro :). On the bright side though, u can participate as a contestant ^^.

And welcome to the new permanent host of WTP, Toxic Vanilla Wolfboy {XD}.

Pika Pika :chu:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Thanks so much for hosting for so long, Revise! (That's almost 70 weeks I think, wow.) I'll make sure to continue Ozzy's legacy. :)

Looking at my score, I'm wondering how I've been so lazy and not even got to Secret Rank yet. But I'll get there someday one way or the other. Maybe. xD

Years
  • Looking at my score, I'm wondering how I've been so lazy and not even got to Secret Rank yet. But I'll get there someday one way or the other. Maybe. xD

Secret Rank is still a long way for you, but I'm sure this will be an incentive for you to get active in WTP again.

(it's weird how I'm the most recent Secret Rank addition yet I've now overtaken Spoony on the scoreboard)

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Looking at my score, I'm wondering how I've been so lazy and not even got to Secret Rank yet. But I'll get there someday one way or the other. Maybe. xD
    Not possible as long as u are the Host bud ;).

Well, I'm in the top ten now, but the Secret Rank is a long way away, unless we get some Bonus Puzzles, u heard me, I said, "BONUS" Puzzles.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Ahaha, for some reason I'm half-tempted to settle for Ultra Rank just because it's empty there all the time. xD I could literally take that entire rank all for myself! :P

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Okay, everyone! I hinted at this a couple days ago, but it's time for me to make an important announcement regarding WTP's future!

Revise out ♥

You were such an awesome host too. I know how life can get in the way as you may have noticed...lol. We'll look forward to what you have planned for the whole section. (It will either excite me or make me wanna choke you....you know just like the puzzles would do. xDDD) I know Lycanthropy will do a great job as I enjoyed the puzzles he did awhile back.

Lycanthropy

Years
  • Ahaha, for some reason I'm half-tempted to settle for Ultra Rank just because it's empty there all the time. xD I could literally take that entire rank all for myself! :P

You just got there! (Round of applause to Revise!) All you got to do know is making wrong guesses and you're set. :]

Years
  • Congrats on reaching the lonely rank aka Ultra Rank Revise! You have been dedicated to this game and it's the reason why you're our mod.

Lycanthropy

Years
  • Hey there folks! I have exciting news and somewhat less exciting news. Starting with the no-so-great news, I have to announce I have been suffering severe time issues lately due to the huge amount of work uni has been putting me up with (which you may probably have noticed by the somewhat flexible deadlines of the puzzles) and I am not sure if I can stick around for much longer. I have been talking with Revise/Song of Time about the WTP puzzles and we both agree that it might be a good time to give Who's That Pokémon? a rest after nearly 100 weeks of somewhat repetitive puzzles.
    BUT that doesn't mean we're just going to give this an abrupt halt out of a sudden. No! We're going out with a hardcore WTP event, starting tomorrow. Stay tuned! :]

Lycanthropy

Years
  • I think we should all take a short moment to celebrate the breaking of the 100-point mark. Both WriterRaven and Mewtwolover have managed to solve literally every puzzle so far and just entered Secret Tier 2. Amazing work, guys! Keep it up! :D

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • I think we should all take a short moment to celebrate the breaking of the 100-point mark. Both WriterRaven and Mewtwolover have managed to solve literally every puzzle so far and just entered Secret Tier 2. Amazing work, guys! Keep it up! :D
    Congrats to WriterRaven & Mewtwolover :).

Btw Lycan, I think you forgot to mention something, like someone just got to Secret Rank <points to self> ;).

Back