• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where do we go after we die?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years

• Yeah there's hell too unfortunately but don't most people who believe in the concept of heaven and hell try to appeal to whatever faith they may have if one at all so they don't end up going to hell in the end? That's just a speculation though but I can imagine most people who have some kind of faith faith and believe in its concepts trying to work towards avoiding hell when they pass on, unless they're something along the lines of a satanist whom believe that hell's more desirable than heaven to them oddly enough.

Right, but if you're thinking outside of yourself, are you comfortable with the image of others meeting their torturous fates in Hell, while you get to go to Heaven?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Right, but if you're thinking outside of yourself, are you comfortable with the image of others meeting their torturous fates in Hell, while you get to go to Heaven?

Oh of course not, well at least not yet anyways. I know I'll have to cope with that thought at some point in my life but still that is a little grim to say the least not to mention a tad sadistic IMO if people actually enjoy the thought of others suffering for all eternity. I'll end up being more comfortable with the thought at some point in my life but I don't want to end up actually wanting to see others go to hell in the end.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I have my own theory. I believe in reincarnation, so I think when you die, your spirit and soul are reincarnated into a new life opposite your current sex. You don't remember things from your previous life, but things come more naturally in your next life than they did in your current life and the older your soul, the more wise you are in life. You aren't smarter, but you're just someone people tend to go to and you offer your wisdom to them in advice. But there's a whole list of rules and conditions that have to be met to be reincarnated, because I believe if you're an old soul, your soul has the chance to go to some heaven-like place where it resides with other old souls that have fulfilled a sense of purpose, being and wisdom. It's all really complicated to put into words, but it's all so clear and concise in my head and something I think is really fascinating to think about.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I believe in the concept of heaven and hell personally since it's kind of a grim thought to imagine simply rotting away after I die, at least for me anyways.
    I have a question. I don't believe in heaven or hell personally, but when you supposedly go to either, your body stays on earth, right? Wouldn't that mean that your body does stay and 'rots' in the earth, while only your soul goes to some other place? So technically you rot away whatsoever. Also, scientifically speaking (so no heaven or hell after you die), you would be dead, so you wouldn't be experiencing the rotting anyway.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I have a question. I don't believe in heaven or hell personally, but when you supposedly go to either, your body stays on earth, right? Wouldn't that mean that your body does stay and 'rots' in the earth, while only your soul goes to some other place? So technically you rot away whatsoever. Also, scientifically speaking (so no heaven or hell after you die), you would be dead, so you wouldn't be experiencing the rotting anyway.

Yeah the body does rot away regardless unless it's cremated at some point then it's just ashes in a jar. But spiritually speaking though, your body does decay eventually but your soul moves on to either heaven or hell then the body you left behind on earth isn't technically you anymore due to not being inhabited by a soul thus it's about the same as an abandoned house slowly but surely decaying as times moves on, don't recall anything about souls decaying in the afterlife though TBH. About the scientific saying there, that just reminded me of a story I recall reading online about a woman waking up at her own funeral then dying soon after, thought that would be interesting enough to point out but regardless the rotting of the body after death is pretty grim to think about whether we're around or not to experience the said rotting. I hope I answered your question there.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I am a christian, but I will say this, it would be awesome to live as another person(starting out as a baby of course) after your current life span ends. That is just my thought on this subject.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    We will all go to nowhere. That is what I believe.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Hmm...

I'm not sure myself... but it has to be somewhere.

If reincarnation exists, what are the chances of we all stumbling back into this thread... a long, long time later? Give it some thought.

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Hmm...

I'm not sure myself... but it has to be somewhere.

If reincarnation exists, what are the chances of we all stumbling back into this thread... a long, long time later? Give it some thought.
    Okay that's a little weird but I thought about it, and let's say that this thread would still be there when we would be the same age as we are now, in our new lives (that'd be over 100 years but ok LOL), I don't think we would know it was our previous selves because I don't believe that you keep memories from your previous life. So it would be strange objectively but we wouldn't know, so yeah.

Centiflora X

Thread Killer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2011
    Since death does not discriminate, I have unshakable confidence everyone will end up in the same situation after life, whatever that situation is.

E.C.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    Well i believe in the whole reincarnation thing,but have thought about not being reincarnated and ending up as a wandering spirit. Maybe because of a burden or something you wanted to say to someone before dying.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    I believe in reincarnation. After you die, I think you immediately start a new life which is unaware of who you were in a previous life and what happens after death.

Hassan_Abdillah

Wayfarer
    Years
  • (-___-)

No brainer: this thread serves as an interesting discussion and means of procrastination (admit it, thats why we are all here) but has little empirical value.

Life AFTER death is beyond anything natural, hence human rationalizations and empirical data and what have you can never be reliable instruments to "figure out" the answer. It is by definition beyond us, we have no clue whatsoever as to what will happen. We can only guess. And a guess, just so we're clear, is nothing but the expression of one's personal prejudice. No guess can be said to be better than the next one.

tl;dr: the discussion is pointless.

If you seriously want to know what happens after death, go to the religious scriptures, check the different views, see if any one of them makes sense/clicks with you. Those are pretty much our only source of knowledge of the supernatural. I'm not necessarily saying religions are reliable, just that we have no other source.

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    (-___-)

No brainer: this thread serves as an interesting discussion and means of procrastination (admit it, thats why we are all here) but has little empirical value.

Life AFTER death is beyond anything natural, hence human rationalizations and empirical data and what have you can never be reliable instruments to "figure out" the answer. It is by definition beyond us, we have no clue whatsoever as to what will happen. We can only guess. And a guess, just so we're clear, is nothing but the expression of one's personal prejudice. No guess can be said to be better than the next one.

tl;dr: the discussion is pointless.

If you seriously want to know what happens after death, go to the religious scriptures, check the different views, see if any one of them makes sense/clicks with you. Those are pretty much our only source of knowledge of the supernatural. I'm not necessarily saying religions are reliable, just that we have no other source.
    I don't think you got the point. I wasn't asking everyone here if they knew what would happen to me if I died, I was asking what everyone thinks might happen. It is a speculation/theory thread. I am not asking for an answer here because I know that there ultimately isn't one. Like I can't even wrap my mind around how you thought that I was genuinly asking. How can you not understand lol.

Hassan_Abdillah

Wayfarer
    Years
  • Like I can't even wrap my mind around how you thought that I was genuinly asking. How can you not understand lol.

Because, it's a serious issue. Heck, it's THE most serious of all issues. Afterlife, or lack thereof, is what gives this life meaning. Our purpose in this life is tailored with post-death issues in view. That is why I can't wrap my head around how one cannot genuinely ask about these things or take them seriously.

Then again, this is the internet.

P.S. this was not a personal attack. If you interpret it to be one then I'm truly sorry. It's just my "wth" face at this whole modern net-lectual culture.

Years
  • (-___-)

Wow what arrogance, honestly. There's a limit to patronising people seriously. I'm certain everyone already knew the bold section as it's bloody obvious and I cannot even contemplate what ultimately made you type that out. Clearly, you've completely misunderstood what the OP was asking for and I truly question whether you read even a single response to this thread for if you had done so, basic common sense would indicate that the OP was looking for ideas, notions, beliefs on what happens after death NOT what actually happens since obviously no one definitely knows ¬___________¬

Anyway as for myself, I used to be a fairly strong believer in reincarnation but I think that notion has weakened for me over the years and I don't think I currently have any dominating point of view in regards to this matter.

Last edited:

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Because, it's a serious issue. Heck, it's THE most serious of all issues. Afterlife, or lack thereof, is what gives this life meaning. Our purpose in this life is tailored with post-death issues in view. That is why I can't wrap my head around how one cannot genuinely ask about these things or take them seriously.

P.S. this was not a personal attack. If you interpret it to be one then I'm truly sorry. It's just my "wth" face at this whole modern net-lectual culture.
    I didn't take it as an attack. That, and also, I am wondering where I'm gonna end up if I die, everyone does that by default, but why would someone even make a thread asking where they would go? It is just a given that everyone wonders where they would go, but NO one is asking someone because everyone also knows that no one else knows! I thought this was so obvious.

Years
  • Because, it's a serious issue. Heck, it's THE most serious of all issues. Afterlife, or lack thereof, is what gives this life meaning. Our purpose in this life is tailored with post-death issues in view. That is why I can't wrap my head around how one cannot genuinely ask about these things or take them seriously.

Strongly disagree with the bold statement. What gives my life meaning are my accomplishments, my achievements, my successes. Those are what drive me, motivate me, push me to strive even further in life.

Back