• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean

Years
  • If its greyed out that means you must've mega evolved previously

If not, then that's definitely weird as there shouldn't be any problem.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    That's really weird. Try it again and see what happens.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Does anyone have opinions on what to do with Landorus, Thundurus and Tornadus? I've been poring over their entries on Serebii and I'm completely stumped. I don't even know what nature to look for or, because of dream world, what abilities I should look for either.

The first two, Tornadus and Thundurus, are especially hard because They don't really have that many good moves to make use of Prankster, and Defiant isn't that great because my moveset for Tornadus has all special moves with a timid nature, while Thundurus has a mix of physical and special moves only because it can't learn any special flying moves so I end up having to give it a mild nature on paper to use both physical and special attacks.

Then there's Landorus which would have two mostly different movesets based on whether it has sand force or sheer force. The nature, adamant, was pretty much the ONLY thing that was easy to decide on these three.

So, to anyone that has these guys, what did you do with them? What moves, natures and abilities did you go for? And on paper is one thing, I'm actually looking for people that used them to get a good idea what I should ask for, because if I have anything people are willing to trade these guys for I'm sure I will only have the one chance, particularly if I got for Dream World versions do I need to be sure what I am looking for. Thanks!

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
  • I was EV-training my Honedge which evolved into Doublade later on and when I evolved it into Aegislash I noticed something rather weird. I do know that Aegislash has basicly two forms but my Doublade had Adamant nature and rather high Attack stat actually - something like 160 or on that scale anyhow. But when it evolved into Aegislash it's Attack stat dropped into something like 116 and defenses got up. I know it's on Shield Form most of the time but does this mean that I EV-trained it's Attack stat for nothing and when it shifts into Sword Stance it only has 150 on Attack and Special Attack stats? O_o I haven't used Aegislash earlier so I have no idea how it's Stance change affects into it's stats in the end.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Does anyone have opinions on what to do with Landorus, Thundurus and Tornadus? I've been poring over their entries on Serebii and I'm completely stumped. I don't even know what nature to look for or, because of dream world, what abilities I should look for either.

The first two, Tornadus and Thundurus, are especially hard because They don't really have that many good moves to make use of Prankster, and Defiant isn't that great because my moveset for Tornadus has all special moves with a timid nature, while Thundurus has a mix of physical and special moves only because it can't learn any special flying moves so I end up having to give it a mild nature on paper to use both physical and special attacks.

Then there's Landorus which would have two mostly different movesets based on whether it has sand force or sheer force. The nature, adamant, was pretty much the ONLY thing that was easy to decide on these three.

So, to anyone that has these guys, what did you do with them? What moves, natures and abilities did you go for? And on paper is one thing, I'm actually looking for people that used them to get a good idea what I should ask for, because if I have anything people are willing to trade these guys for I'm sure I will only have the one chance, particularly if I got for Dream World versions do I need to be sure what I am looking for. Thanks!

Also don't forget to check out their T form. as some their feral/therian form or whatever it's called is more powerful/better than normal form.

but for tornadus/thundurus, the best ability for them seem to be prankster, and hook them up with tailwind/thunderwave, and hurricane/thunder... everything else is just extra.

But landorus is a different story.. Best setup in my opinion: Landorus-T, Adamant nature: 252 evs in attack, 252 in speed.. Moveset: Explosion, Earthquake, U-Turn, Fly. have it hold a choice band.

It has the most powerful earthquake in the game, and needless to say, the most powerful Explosion of any pokemon.. more powerful than even Genesect's. it's Attack stat is High! Plus it's pretty speedy as well unlike other powerful ground Pokemon :)

I love using landorus in triple battles and use explosion while my team is protected behind mienshao's wideguard.. It's pretty much a guaranteed 3 OHKO on the opposing team.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I was EV-training my Honedge which evolved into Doublade later on and when I evolved it into Aegislash I noticed something rather weird. I do know that Aegislash has basicly two forms but my Doublade had Adamant nature and rather high Attack stat actually - something like 160 or on that scale anyhow. But when it evolved into Aegislash it's Attack stat dropped into something like 116 and defenses got up. I know it's on Shield Form most of the time but does this mean that I EV-trained it's Attack stat for nothing and when it shifts into Sword Stance it only has 150 on Attack and Special Attack stats? O_o I haven't used Aegislash earlier so I have no idea how it's Stance change affects into it's stats in the end.

No. Its Attack and Defense stats flip when it takes a different form. It has 160 Def when in Shield move and 160 Atk when in Sword mode. When you switch to attack, your attack is recalculated to match the new form its in and then does the damage calculations according to your Attack mode Stats, Nature and EVs.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    Why is it possible to ask for event Pokemon when you can't even trade them via GTS? Seriously half of GTS is just asking for Arceus, Genesect and Deoxys.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Why is it possible to ask for event Pokemon when you can't even trade them via GTS? Seriously half of GTS is just asking for Arceus, Genesect and Deoxys.

Because if you don't have those pokemon and don't frequent pokemon sites, there is absolutely no way for you to know that those pokemon can't be traded on the GTS. There's nothing in the included literature anywhere that makes this clear until you finally get an event pokemon and you try to trade it. Additionally, there are only a handful of recent pokemon that can't be traded at all because they're event only pokemon.

If you have a deoxys from Emerald or fire red/leaf green, you CAN trade that on the GTS. If you have an arceus from the azure flute event, that CAN be traded on the GTS. It's any pokemon that is event only, meaning there is no game they can naturally be caught in. (Darkrai, Arceus, deoxys, Mew, Shaymin, Victini, (and there's probably a couple I'm forgetting) ALL have in game events where you can catch it and therefore those version can in fact be traded on the GTS.

Others like Genesect, Keldeo, Meloetta, Jirachi and Celebi (I think that's it) can ONLY be obtained if Nintendo gave them out, the previously mentioned ones, while needing an item given out at events in order to activate the chain to catch them yourself is (in and of itself) not technically an event pokemon, they are pokemon you captured FROM an event. So really, it is perfectly legitimate to ask for an Arceus or Deoxys because there are versions that can be traded on the GTS.

Edit: so, just because Meloetta (for example) is event only right now doesn't mean that the version catchable is Resplendant Ruby or Sparkling Saphire won't be able to trade since you need her to advance the story. (This was an example, nothing in this paragraph is actually true, just an example!) so if they prevent people from asking for her now means no one can ever ask for any version if her ever.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Do pokemon at level 100 evolve if you take an everstone away from them?

Do pokemon at level 100 evolve if you take an everstone away from them?
    I needs more everstones, but I don't want to accidentally evolve my mudkip! Could someone tell me if it does in fact evolve the pokemon? Thank you :)

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
  • No, they won't. Level 100 is the ultimate cap for level-up evolutions, so if you delay it that long with an Everstone, the Pokémon in question will never evolve. All other evolution methods would work out just fine, however.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Also don't forget to check out their T form. as some their feral/therian form or whatever it's called is more powerful/better than normal form.

but for tornadus/thundurus, the best ability for them seem to be prankster, and hook them up with tailwind/thunderwave, and hurricane/thunder... everything else is just extra.

But landorus is a different story.. Best setup in my opinion: Landorus-T, Adamant nature: 252 evs in attack, 252 in speed.. Moveset: Explosion, Earthquake, U-Turn, Fly. have it hold a choice band.

It has the most powerful earthquake in the game, and needless to say, the most powerful Explosion of any pokemon.. more powerful than even Genesect's. it's Attack stat is High! Plus it's pretty speedy as well unlike other powerful ground Pokemon :)

I love using landorus in triple battles and use explosion while my team is protected behind mienshao's wideguard.. It's pretty much a guaranteed 3 OHKO on the opposing team.

Thanks, that helps me immensely actually. Although which ability should it have? With Sandforce it's ground and rock moves would get a boost in a sandstorm, but Sheer Force gets no benefit at all unless moves with additional effects are added, so which would be a better ability? If I went with Sheer Force at least some of my moves would be different than a sand force moveset.

Edit: also, what nature would you suggest for Tornadus? I was leaning toward mild just because unless I want to lose a STAB move it's going to need to be a mixed attacker

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Thanks, that helps me immensely actually. Although which ability should it have? With Sandforce it's ground and rock moves would get a boost in a sandstorm, but Sheer Force gets no benefit at all unless moves with additional effects are added, so which would be a better ability? If I went with Sheer Force at least some of my moves would be different than a sand force moveset

If you're using Landorus in a sand team, use Sand Force. If you're using Landorus in a team other than sand, use Sheer Force.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2014
    Was this shiny shelder legit/not hacked?

So in an effort to complete my pokedex I've been breeding heracross since they are Y exclusive, and I put one up for trade in the GTS for a shelder and to my amazement someone gave me a shiny shelder that was 6 IV, level 1. The problem was it didn't have the kalos breed symbol and didn't want to risk having a box of bad eggs forever... So I chucked it onto the GTS for a Xerneas.

My question is, what are the chances it actually was hacked? I sort of have a hard time believing someone would throw away such a good pokemon for a heracross :L

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back