• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
    It very well could have been, but it's also hard to say. A Heracross is a good Pokemon, but I guess at the same time, so is a Shiny Shelder. Cloyster makes for a good Rapid Spin/Spikes Pokemon. However, I don't think this warranted it's own thread and should probably be moved into the X & Y Discussion thread if there is one.

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    So in an effort to complete my pokedex I've been breeding heracross since they are Y exclusive, and I put one up for trade in the GTS for a shelder and to my amazement someone gave me a shiny shelder that was 6 IV, level 1. The problem was it didn't have the kalos breed symbol and didn't want to risk having a box of bad eggs forever... So I chucked it onto the GTS for a Xerneas.

My question is, what are the chances it actually was hacked? I sort of have a hard time believing someone would throw away such a good pokemon for a heracross :L

I don't think that having a hacked pokemon would have a chance of giving you bad eggs o.O but the shiny shellder could have actually been breeder from past gen games which was sent to pokebank to gen 6 thus not having the symbol.but other than that,just be carefull with it since there's still a chance it's hacked.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So in an effort to complete my pokedex I've been breeding heracross since they are Y exclusive, and I put one up for trade in the GTS for a shelder and to my amazement someone gave me a shiny shelder that was 6 IV, level 1. The problem was it didn't have the kalos breed symbol and didn't want to risk having a box of bad eggs forever... So I chucked it onto the GTS for a Xerneas.

My question is, what are the chances it actually was hacked? I sort of have a hard time believing someone would throw away such a good pokemon for a heracross :L

Why would you consider it throwing away? What if Heracross was one of the few pokemon that person had left to get? There's been many times I was looking for a pokemon and found one and just traded the one they were looking for that I happened to have because you only have seconds to trade before someone else snaps it up. Maybe they didn't realize it was a shiny in the heat of the moment, maybe they simply don't care about shinies, or heck, maybe they thought that Shelder was ugly and just didn't want it, maybe they knew it was 6iv and shiny, but it wasn't the nature they wanted. (I myself bred probably 150 wynaut eggs looking for a timid one and bred 3 or 4 that were timid but they were female so I simply wonder traded them because I hate the lipstick female wobbuffet's have) not everyone holds shiny pokemon in high or even any regard at all. Just because something is good doesn't mean it's what the person was looking for. I traded one normal pokemon I bred for a shiny (something, I don't remember) because the person offering thought it didn't think it was worth anything, then traded that same shiny for a 6iv legendary on another website. There's millions of reasons why you may have gotten that shiny, but ask yourself this, if they hacked a Shelder, why wouldn't they also have hacked a Heracross if they wanted one?

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    This question is for a Moderator/Admin. I was wondering if it's possible to have my Username changed here on the forum? If so, who should I contact in regards to this :)?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    This question is for a Moderator/Admin. I was wondering if it's possible to have my Username changed here on the forum? If so, who should I contact in regards to this :)?

I would suggest messaging an Admin. As far as I know they're the only ones that can do it, or at least that's the case with most forums. I know you wanted a Moderator or Admin to answer, but whatever :P

EDIT: Ignore all that, post here to request a username change: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=313725

Last edited:

DahlilaWood

The loveable trainer
    Years
    This question may have already been asked somewhere previously, but I just joined this forum yesterday and have just barely begun exploring. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what tips do in restaurants? Does it provide special items or something? Or an increase in items somewhere? I've heard it increases the rate of shiny appearances, but SO many people don't believe that theory that i'm cautious to even begin tipping since it's such a shaky theory. Basically, is the theory of shinies the only thing to be tipping for?

Years
    This question may have already been asked somewhere previously, but I just joined this forum yesterday and have just barely begun exploring. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what tips do in restaurants? Does it provide special items or something? Or an increase in items somewhere? I've heard it increases the rate of shiny appearances, but SO many people don't believe that theory that i'm cautious to even begin tipping since it's such a shaky theory. Basically, is the theory of shinies the only thing to be tipping for?
    You get a medal in the PGL for tipping enough (don't know how much). No other purpose has been confirmed.

Also, in an interview Junichi Masuda has said that they would reveal what they meant the tips to be for some time. (this came from an interview from a French Pokémon site, Pokébip)

DahlilaWood

The loveable trainer
    Years
    You get a medal in the PGL for tipping enough (don't know how much). No other purpose has been confirmed.

Also, in an interview Junichi Masuda has said that they would reveal what they meant the tips to be for some time. (this came from an interview from a French Pokémon site, Pokébip)

Oh, I see. What is the medal good for? Can you obtain shop items from it through PGL? And alrighty, I'll definitely hope to see what Junichi Masuda says. Thanks for answering me!

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2022
    If I EV trained one pokemon at level 1, and another at level 30, would there be a difference in stats at lvl.100

Hi, sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, I just joined here. Anyway, I've just finished IV breeding most of the pokemon for my competitive team, but I noticed my honedge is level 23 for some reason. So basically, if I EV trained it now, and leveled up to lvl.100, would it have the same stats as if i EV trained it at lvl.1. I've searched around the internet, and everyone has different answers, so when you amswer, can you add some kind of proof from a reliable source e.g. serebii or marriland.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Yes, the EV's that you gain affect your stats the same way regardless of the level that the Pokemon gained them. Here's the equations for stat calculation from bulbapedia:

HP: https://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/80/HPStatCalcGen34.png
    Other stats: https://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/c1/OtherStatCalcGen34.png

As you can see from the formula, EV*level*nature is linearly related to the final stat value, so it'd independent of the level the EV's were gained. (If that's too mathy, just plug in some numbers and see the result)

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2022
    Sorry that was a little confusing, so you're saying that the level my honedge is at WONT affect the stats at level 100?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Sorry that was a little confusing, so you're saying that the level my honedge is at WONT affect the stats at level 100?

Yes, that's correct. Say you EV train your Honedge at level 23. Its stats at level 100 will be the same as they would have been if you gave it the same EV training at level 1.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2015
    Anyone know what region i need to set my 3DS to get my native Vivillon to be Monsoon?
    I bought another copy of X and I want to try to get a shiny Monsoon vivillon. :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Anyone know what region i need to set my 3DS to get my native Vivillon to be Monsoon?
    I bought another copy of X and I want to try to get a shiny Monsoon vivillon. :)

Monsoon Vivillon is available for those who set their region to India, Japan or Hong Kong.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years

Monsoon Vivillon come from Hong Kong, certain parts of India, & non-Hokkaido regions of Japan.

Edit: Also, if your 3DS is American, for example, you can only set your 3DS to Northern and Southern American countries. I can't change my region to the UK to get Garden patterns, for example.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Is the only way to get into Geoseng during the final Flare Arc to fly there? I walked there from Lumoise (Doing a Solo Fairy run and there are no flying Fairy Types in Pokemon X) and there are some grunts blocking the bridge into Geoseng from the second badge's route. If I were to try and go there from the fourth badge route, will it also be blocked?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back