• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    hmmmm.....

I can't think of the Draco Meteor equivalents, you know the 'big' moves that drain stats for a big attack....

Is there any single move that optimizes Contrary?

Not many; Overheat and Leaf Storm are the only ones I could think of. They do the same, exact thing as Draco Meteor, but have different typing.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
    Not many; Overheat and Leaf Storm are the only ones I could think of. They do the same, exact thing as Draco Meteor, but have different typing.

That's what I was trying to think of!!

I like the idea of having a move get more powerful each turn without having to seperately Buff Up, then Baton Pass out before fainting to unleash a big beatdown..... followed by Baton Pass :D

What pokemon is good for an Overheat / Leafstorm set up?

Perhaps an Eeveelution team using Flareon / Leafeon to set up, and Baton Pass to a Sylveon with MoonBlast / Dazzling Gleam?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Any advice on Keldeo? I was intially going to try and find a modest one, but it's ability is physical based, so should I try to get a nature to make it a mixed attacker or should I try to find a modest one and just ignore it's ability altogether?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    That's what I was trying to think of!!

I like the idea of having a move get more powerful each turn without having to seperately Buff Up, then Baton Pass out before fainting to unleash a big beatdown..... followed by Baton Pass :D

What pokemon is good for an Overheat / Leafstorm set up?

Perhaps an Eeveelution team using Flareon / Leafeon to set up, and Baton Pass to a Sylveon with MoonBlast / Dazzling Gleam?

Yeah; sounds like a good plan. n__n I have a Baton Pass team like this in Y; whenever I use it, it seems to work pretty nicely.

Any advice on Keldeo? I was intially going to try and find a modest one, but it's ability is physical based, so should I try to get a nature to make it a mixed attacker or should I try to find a modest one and just ignore it's ability altogether?

Keldo's Attack stat isn't that great, so investing in it wouldn't be such a wise choice. If I were you, I would just ignore its ability and go with a special-based set.

Shhmew

Years
    You can just ignore Keldeo's Attack stat. Secret Sword functions like Psyshock; it's specially based, but hits on the physical side. So it makes Keldeo a sorta mixed attacker from that.
    Not only that, I don't think you'd get hit by dark type moves enough times to warrant giving its attack stat any attention o;

Years
    I know there are certain trainers that show up in Lumoise City daily, in certain parts of the town (i've seen listed in the strategy guide), and some of them give you items after you beat them. Are there certain days that they appear or does something determine them? Because I know for one there's this one Beauty who gives you a Destiny Knot after you beat her, but I have yet to catch her there.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    I know for one there's this one Beauty who gives you a Destiny Knot after you beat her, but I have yet to catch her there.

She should be there daily as far as I know.. i'll go in game right now and double check, then i'll edit this post to verify where exactly she is.

Ok i just checked and looked online as well, apparently she spawns Next to Cafe Cyclone which is adjacent to Vert Plaza.. however i guess it's random on which NPC spawns in that spot.. but she only spawns in that spot apparently.
    Or maybe it's at night? because there's this video:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    Does anyone know the mystery of that one girl who vanishes in some building in Lumiouse City? Also, do you think there is a battle conspiracy going on in the Chateau with the robot mad and attacking butler?

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    Does anyone know the mystery of that one girl who vanishes in some building in Lumiouse City? Also, do you think there is a battle conspiracy going on in the Chateau with the robot mad and attacking butler?

Unknown.. but there's really no mystery, gamefreak always adds ghosts to their games.. gen 5 had the spooky manor with the ghosts, also there's the ghost on the bridge.. etc etc. there's never any event, never any answer, they just do it for fun/get people talking.

As for the Butler and Maid.. they do make a future appearance with the Diancie Event, but there, they actually talk pretty normal and you get to meet their "Master".

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    Why is it so important that pokemon are breeded into certain pokeballs?

There's no reason why/importaince.. if you're referring to some individuals in the trade corner requesting or only offering Pokemon only in certain balls, it's due to personal preference.

Me, I like my Pokemon in MoonBalls or the DiveBall. Their sprites both look awesome in the Pokemon's summary..

For the ghost girl, bring a rotom to that building on tuesdays. She should give you a rare candy

no she doesn't that's probably one of the oldest rumors of them all lol.. tested and tested again, even I've tried, and there's even many videos on youtube from all the way back in October disproving it.

the reason probably why that rumor started is because people heard that there was a rotom event on a certain day (the day he pops out of the trashcan in lost hotel as we all learned eventually after release).. so somehow that got tangled/mixed up with the ghost girl.. and people just spread the rumor.

Last edited:

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    I know there are certain trainers that show up in Lumoise City daily, in certain parts of the town (i've seen listed in the strategy guide), and some of them give you items after you beat them. Are there certain days that they appear or does something determine them? Because I know for one there's this one Beauty who gives you a Destiny Knot after you beat her, but I have yet to catch her there.

Just awhile ago i actually went hunting for the destiny knot and I got one

All you do is go around each of the plazas(the ones with the pointy statue) and look at their alley one of them alley should have a battler and once you beat that another battler should appear in another alley.It took me 10 battles around lumiose plazas alleys before the beauty Aimee with destiny knot showed up :) and time doesn't matter btw just keep beating trainers and check Vert plaza which has cyclone cafe to see if she is there.

Another beauty called Cassandra is also on one the alleys and she gives you a nugget every time you beat her :) i fought her 3 times before seeing beauty Aimee so i got some profit out of it :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Hi. I was wondering. the VS. Recorder uploads battle Videos to Pokemon Global link right.
    well I searched all over Pokemon Global link and I can't find my battle videos. can someone help me out?

As far as I know you can't access them on the Pokemon Global Link website. You can only watch them via the Vs. Recorder on the game. When you upload a video, you'll get a code which anyone can input on their game to download the video and watch it.

Years
    Battle Maison Mega Gengar

When I was playing Pokemon X today. I was not allowed to use the mega evolution on my Gengar when it had the moves Perish Song, Disable, Subsitute, Protect. But when I used a different one with all attacking moves it was perfectly fine. I get Mega Gengar was banned on Smogon, and other things like that but did this happen to anyone else's game in the same scenario?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Had you already mega evolved a Pokemon in battle? Did you remember to give Gengar its mega stone?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back