• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit Chat - Summer thread coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Me, I am just thinking about what to do when I get to university. This is what happens when you have a period of time of having the time to yourself. (I'm in a part-time.)

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Yes, biology. I approve. It's more fun learning about creatures.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I'm more interested in biology, and yet I'm worse at it then chemistry...

Or did I get them in the wrong order?

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Only thing I remember about any science class was doing magic tricks for this cute girl as well as when we were learning about work and how twisting the lever attached to this little light bulb made it light up.
    I put the light in my eye and made it look like I was a robot. I got pink eye from doing that...

No wonder my high school GPA was so low.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • You all suck. Biology is the best science.

^this. I <3 Biology. It's so fascinating.

Chemistry comes in a close second in terms of High School sciences, but it's a pain in the butt to pass. xD Glad I managed to get out of it with a B.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Chemistry was my favorite, but honestly, Biology and Physics weren't too far behind. I just enjoyed the sciences in general.

Worst part about bio was having a lab partner who was very squeamish. I had to do every bit of the dissections myself. I didn't mind it myself, but a little help would've been appreciated.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I remember doing most of the lab projects myself during my first year of Biology. My teacher didn't mind if I worked alone or with a group. But groups did matter in AP Biology. Don't work with people, get an F in participation. Kind of intimidating, but you meet friends at the same time though. xD

Years
  • When I was a junior someone put a half melted penny in a plastic trash can and almost burned the school down, hahaha. School of almost 1,600 students.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Oooo new thread hiii all! Chemistry is fun btw

Years
  • My chemistry teacher kept a small tub of mercury in her back room and brought it out for each class to play with (using sticks so no actual contact with your skin). She was a bit nutty to say the least.

Years
  • I was about to say, that's an interesting way to amuse your class while you do teacher stuff. x]
    "Here's a glass of mercury, now learn!"
    It was so we could see how the stuff ate away some ball bearings she left in there, too. But yeah, not the safest or smartest thing. Mercury looks really weird though.

Years
  • Physics was my favourite followed by Chemistry and lastly, Biology. Both Chemistry and Physics had some hilarious moments. This one time in Physics we had these polarised sheets and you had to put two sheets perpendicular to each other to get the polarized effect. So we were looking at the sun and one of the guys goes "hey, is the sun really purple?" and he moves the sheets away from his eyes and all you can here is "Arrrgh!" and the whole class burst into laughter. Another time we were all flicking pens around and I wanted to join in the fun! So I grabbed a pencil and I was aiming to flick it into the trash can at the other end of the room. I flicked it too high though and it hit the ceiling then smacked my teacher right in the face. The rest of the class were trying to hard not to piss themselves with laughter as the teacher raged at me. I was just like how the hell did this happen >_<.

As far as Chemistry goes, we did this experiment with a Bunsen burner and there were two beakers - one filled with water and the other with ethanol. This girl lights up the Bunsen burner and then leaves the match on the table. So the table slowly gets caught on fire and she's like "oh no!" and grabs the beaker filled with ethanol and splashes it over the fire which only makes the fire five times as large as before. Fortunately the teacher rushed in and resolved the issue before it got any worse. Another time we were setting up the equipment for this experiment and the flask me and my mate picked, had a cork stuck in it. He tries to pull it out but fails and then I'm like "give it here, a man's strength is needed" and I take the flask and try to pull this cork out. Even I had to admit that this cork was properly stuck. So I tried again using all of the strength available to me this time and I ended up ripping the cork in half and pulling the top part of it away so that the bottom part was still stuck in the flask. We just looked at each other in disbelief before going to the teacher and handing the flask to him. He looked at me and asked "how did you manage to do this?" and I was just like "I don't even know".

I have loads of other stories but I won't bore you with any more lol.

Years
  • I loved bio in high school... then I took it in uni. Nope, not fun. Though that is likely because I had a pretty bad professor. >: Personally I'm more of a history and English person; always done well in those subjects.

Years
  • I'm on track to fail Chem. Dropping the hard sciences and switched from Bio to PoliSci.

Might as well do something that seriously engages me than falling asleep in class.

Still I need to do Science Pre-reqs. Eww.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I think physics, biology and chemistry would be better for me if I had better teachers. The chemistry teacher has OCD problems and doesn't explain things properly, so the whole class ends up googling anyway. The biology teacher's voice is the most monotone thing ever and we don't actually do any real learning and the physics teacher has taught us a weeks worth of stuff, in two months. And then wonders why everyone is confused.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back