• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How can leveling Pokemon be made less boring?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
  • Why not make completing objectives give experience to all of your pokemon? Similar to quests in WoW.

Years
  • Errr... Some emulators can speed up GBA Pokemon games up to over 1000%, I've used this kind of speed and It was awesome to get 100 lvl in short time...

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    You can add more trainers in the routes, or add high-level pokémon in the grass. Also, like some people said, I think VS seeker is the best solution.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2010
    I like the Lucky Egg idea... Actually having it as an obtainable item like the Exp.Share, instead of a 5% chance on a wild Chansey, or event-only...

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
    Years
  • Vs Seeker is definitely the best solution, but I like the Gym idea too. I've always wanted to replay a few gyms. I'll see if I can figure out how to put that in my hack. I usually grind before the sixth gym. After about five levels, your pokemon is too pimped out to have to grind it again.

I dunno, it works for me.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    Although not do that in the original games, I think I could put more trainers on the routes, and increase the level of pokemon on the routes.
    That's what I think ;D

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    You don't really need to grind in Pokemon. You can easily beat trainers at a lower level than you. You can even speed the game up.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I like the Battle Shop system.
    In my hack, LoG, some players have a little hard time (and me) to level to beat a Gym Leader. :P

Making the wild PKMN's level increase, somehow can solve the problem, but they're a bit difficult to defeat... =/

Last edited:

DavidChristopher

Spinda Lover.
    Years
  • I like to Nickname my pokemon things like "Destroyer" or "Atomica",
    play really retro chase battle music, spread peanut butter all over
    the spaces in between my toes, and scream at the top of my lungs
    "MOOSHKAKAKA MOOSHKAKAKA, KILL KILL KILL!"

Trust me, it takes pokemon training up a whole 'nother level.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • If I find it annoying to grind my Pokemon, I'll just turn off my DS,
    and then, I'll use my favorite weapon! (THE AR!!)

I always use it to cheat 999X Rare Candies.

And then, all I have to do is press the A Button contiously,
    and it should be done less than 5 minutes.

Trust me, in my Hack (Which I'm workin' on..), you don't have
    to grind your Pokemon like a crazy person.

All you have to do is battle every Trainer you see, and you should be fine.

Years
  • use YAPE to change either the max exp per pokemon to 800k (most are 1050k, and most rares 1250k) or increase the BASE exp stat for each pokemon. killing it will give you tons more exp then. if you put it on max(255) a digglet gets you between 550 and 850(instead of 150 to 250) exp depending on it's lvl (15-22).
    Or do both... but then you would have all pokemon at lvl 100 in no time lol

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • The only way to make Pokemon levelling less boring is to completely overwrite the battle system.

Then, it's not exactly Pokemon, so yeah. Pokemon's battle system sucks. That's what makes the grinding suck compared to TWEWY or Tales of. It is really, really repetitive and gets boring really, really fast. End thread. :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    This is all I could come up with:
    Make a tournament style think where you try to go for a 100 battle streak or something and with each battle the opponent's Pokemon get higher level.
    At the end you get a prize or something, too.

timaeus222

Music Composer, Mixing/Mastering Engineer
    Years
  • Easy Solutions:
    - Go to Options and turn Battle Scene Off.
    - Go to Options and change Battle Style to Set.
    - Speed up Emulator.
    - Rare Candies til you're ready, and then finish off the torture with any wanted EV training.
    - Vs. Seeker on a trainer-filled area.
    - Yes, you could add more trainers.
    - Increase the levels of the trainer/wild pokemon to a suitable level.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    Maybe You could make a room with like 100's of trainers in different rooms according to difficulty and type. That could make the grinding process a bit quicker depending upon the type of the pokemon you have.

Back