• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

El Tigre Trío, Muy Mal

Years
Okay. This may not affect a large number of people, but I found it interesting, to say the least.

A woman in Las Vegas, Nevada was caught harboring three tigers in her backyard! Not only do I think it's cruel due to the heat, but it shows me that animal poaching is alive and well in the world (as if it ever went away, right?). What I really want to know is how she managed to get a hold of such majestic creatures (don't hug them, they'll probably eat you). Here's the article.
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Authorities say a woman who asked them if it was legal to keep tigers at home in rural Nevada was arrested after police found three of the animals in her backyard.

The Nye County sheriff's office says 34-year-old Trisha Meyer had called for information on a permit to have tigers.

Days later, a resident reported the tigers, and deputies went to the home. They also had learned she was wanted in Texas on a felony burglary and theft warrant.

Sgt. David Boruchowitz (buh-ROOK'-uh-witz) says deputies found the big cats in the backyard surrounded by a 4-foot fence, and eight monkeys in the home.

A Nevada court official said Tuesday that Meyer wasn't held on local charges. She agreed not to fight extradition to Houston at a court appearance Nov. 9.

What are your thoughts on this? How does it make you feel knowing that someone willingly kept this amount of animals in no doubt poor condition. I can't say that her intentions were malicious, but there certainly smack of illegality and poor choices. What do you think should happen? Do you think she should get some kind of deal to go after her supplier instead?

Years
It's not hard if you've got the money, a lot of US states don't have laws against keeping exotic animals, there's a reason there's a lot of "private zoos"

That sounds like something that needs fixing. Keeping exotic animals is one thing but having the skills, space and knowledge to adequately care for them is another.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I've heard that in the U.S., it's legal to own a tiger for a pet, despite, you know, all subspecies of tigers are endangered/critically endangered? It only shows that despite all conversation efforts, tiger populations are still depleting, and soon enough, all of Asia's ecosystems are entirely screwed.

Back