• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I wanna be- erm, I mean "Hello" :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2023
    Hello everybody,

my name is Jaqqen, 22 years old and I am actually a noob/amateur when it comes down to things like design and scripting. I developed some small programs because these were tasks given to us in the university (simple Java-programs). Afterwards, I tried programming a Smash-like game that should be played from both sides of the screen but ended up with some weird damage calculation game that had almost nothing to do with Smash bros. xD
    Well, even though I did something, it was not really much. But what I wanted to do was develop my own Pokemon game. So, about 5-7 years ago I randomly - I really don't remember why I was searching the internet - found a Rom-hack called "Pokemon Glazed". I was really fascinated by the style that game was build and searched for Rom-hacks like that and found some good "stuff".
    Even though, I never really managed to actually go for my own Pokemon game and still am a complete beginner in game design/development, here I am now.

I really liked the idea to train units, have this "survival"-like atmosphere around you and get stronget through "hard" battles and finally become the maxim yourself but something was ... boring about it. 8 Gyms, 4 Elites - that's it. So, when Sun and Moon came out, I was really happy to hear that it had changed a bit. So, I was thinking of a whole new style that has no such Gyms or Elites. In the end, I never really thought this through xD

So, if you have any tips that would help me getting started, then feel free to share them with me ... please! :D Otherwise I will come back and ask for them myself.

Aaaaand, sry for bad English usage q.q

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hello everybody,

my name is Jaqqen, 22 years old and I am actually a noob/amateur when it comes down to things like design and scripting. I developed some small programs because these were tasks given to us in the university (simple Java-programs). Afterwards, I tried programming a Smash-like game that should be played from both sides of the screen but ended up with some weird damage calculation game that had almost nothing to do with Smash bros. xD
    Well, even though I did something, it was not really much. But what I wanted to do was develop my own Pokemon game. So, about 5-7 years ago I randomly - I really don't remember why I was searching the internet - found a Rom-hack called "Pokemon Glazed". I was really fascinated by the style that game was build and searched for Rom-hacks like that and found some good "stuff".
    Even though, I never really managed to actually go for my own Pokemon game and still am a complete beginner in game design/development, here I am now.

I really liked the idea to train units, have this "survival"-like atmosphere around you and get stronget through "hard" battles and finally become the maxim yourself but something was ... boring about it. 8 Gyms, 4 Elites - that's it. So, when Sun and Moon came out, I was really happy to hear that it had changed a bit. So, I was thinking of a whole new style that has no such Gyms or Elites. In the end, I never really thought this through xD

So, if you have any tips that would help me getting started, then feel free to share them with me ... please! :D Otherwise I will come back and ask for them myself.

Aaaaand, sry for bad English usage q.q
    Hi! Welcome to the community! We have so many hackers and hacks here, but also a lot of other stuff for any interest really.

If you need some quick hints and links, there's some here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=387710
    But feel free to ask me if there's anything in particular you wonder also. Good luck have fun c:

Years
  • LOL I love your avatar. I love YGO, and YGO Abridged has been an awesome and dear thing to me for over a decade now. Welcome to PC Jaqqen. <3

I'm not well-versed in making fangames... but we do have a lot of tools here. Are you looking to make a ROM hacked game or non-hacked using programs like Essentials/RPG Maker? We have areas for both here, and I'm sure you'll find the help you need. Cheers!

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2023
    Hi! Welcome to the community! We have so many hackers and hacks here, but also a lot of other stuff for any interest really.

If you need some quick hints and links, there's some here:
    But feel free to ask me if there's anything in particular you wonder also. Good luck have fun c:
    @engineer: Thank you and I will come back when I get any problem :D

LOL I love your avatar. I love YGO, and YGO Abridged has been an awesome and dear thing to me for over a decade now. Welcome to PC Jaqqen. <3

I'm not well-versed in making fangames... but we do have a lot of tools here. Are you looking to make a ROM hacked game or non-hacked using programs like Essentials/RPG Maker? We have areas for both here, and I'm sure you'll find the help you need. Cheers!
    @Sheep: Hahaha, I did not really watch Abriged that much but I know some scenes (especially, the Atem vs. Weevil scene). I just picked this avatar because this face is actually so well made but is rarely used for anything.

I was thinking about using Essentials and some personal stuff.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2023
    Essentials is a great program for making fangames, I'd say that essentials can promote some really unique fangames as well with a large following if you do them right, regardless... Welcome to PC! :)
    Ok guys, you convinced me, Essentials here I come :D

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Pokemon Glazed, eh? I hear that hack is pretty good! I haven't played it myself yet, but maybe I'll check it out! But yeah, we have a good ROM Hacking community here, so feel free to check that out, as well as many other boards you may be interested in! Explore to your heart's content, and I'll be glad to see you around the boards!

Have a blast, and I long to see you soon. <33

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2023
    Pokemon Glazed, eh? I hear that hack is pretty good! I haven't played it myself yet, but maybe I'll check it out! But yeah, we have a good ROM Hacking community here, so feel free to check that out, as well as many other boards you may be interested in! Explore to your heart's content, and I'll be glad to see you around the boards!

Have a blast, and I long to see you soon. <33
    Haha, I think it's just me but this sounded kind of ironically. But well, I will do that and thank you. xD

Hey, welcome to PC! Enjoy your time!
    Thank you!

Back