• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Now them butterflies in my stomach won't stop stop~

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    :D;

So, the question is, when do you experience "butterflies" in your stomach? (Or however else you wanna put it, y'know what I mean.) Being around certain people, etc, answer in whichever way you'd like.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • I get butterflies when I'm nervous, sometimes when I get excited too, which makes no sence at all. The only other time when I get butterflies is when I see the person I like.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I don't think it's ever from being around certain people anymore. :/ I haven't felt that way over someone in years.

But I often get that nervous feeling when I'm thinking too much about serious things before I fall asleep (and then I can't sleep) or else when I'm nervous about an upcoming situation. Or not necessarily nervous, but anxious. (I get them when I think about meeting all my friends again at the end of the month, and I'm not sure why. I guess because I'm so anxious to see them and start having a good time. @_@)

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    I feel as if I haven't had the experiance in a while. I know exactly what it is to have it though, but I guess it doesn't happen all that often anymore. Though I think wen it comes to myself, it can either happen as a result of a mundane experiance or something emotionally gripping.

Two examples I can think of would be firstly the ordinary; sometimes when I go over a hill while driving in a car I get that lightness in my stomach which could be described as having butterflies. It's hard to explain but I know lot's of people who have had the same thing happen to them. The other would be something like having feelings for someone, though it hasn't happened strongly in a while, falling in love or even a great deal of lust can give me butterflies in my stomach. In fact, anxiety may be another one, but that goes down to nerves. I've had moments where I've gone on stage or had to step up to public speaking and I've been nervous.

Other than those sort of typical examples, I can't seem to think of how often it happens. It doesn't usually happen during bad events or anything of the nature, the only other example I can think of might be a roller coaster, but again I'm being captain obvious.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • It's usually before a test or Exam - important or not (yea...not much fond of them XD)

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Whenever I'm around certain people, for sure. That, and when I'm about to hug a girl (they get so bad then, I dunno why...).

Also whenever I have to present something... I guess that's nerves though. Oh, and an odd one is right before I get into a swimming pool. -_-;

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Oh, always when I think about my girl... yeah. When you are younger it meant to me that I'm going to do something stupid if I don't get out. Now it means I better do something if it's stupid or not XP

Ayselipera

I never get it around certain people anymore. I'm more likely to get butterflies in my stomach before big events or when I have to do something I'm uncomfortable with. For example, whenever I go to a party I get really nervous before hand, to the point where I'll throw up. Anytime I go to social event or I have to present something in school or I have to do anything with a bunch of strangers that I've never done before I get overly nervous and and my stomach will be in tremendous pain until I eventually throw up.

I went to the doctors once because it was becoming more and more of a problem, but they said I had to just find a way to calm myself down. Out of everything I've tried listening to music seems to work the best so I keep my iPod on hand. It doesn't always work though. :(

Years
  • I get those before tests and exams almost all the time depending on what course it is. Same goes for when I am wondering what my final grade is going to be.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Usually when I'm nervous about something. It also tends to happen when I'm around some girl I like. Oh and also when I'm lying Dx.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    There have been a few specific people over time that have been notorious for causing this, mostly from repeated association of the person with things like fear, nervousness, inferiority, and rejection. Only one remains, thankfully, and even so I don't always have the burst of anxious shock anymore (a feeling like all my insides vanish for an instant, and may include light-headedness, which is what 'butterflies' are to me), though I do still feel like a wary little rabbit thereafter. The rest I either have shed that reaction to over time or they've just gone away themselves.

Other things that can cause 'butterflies' like crowds and going someplace new without any familiar people to 'shield' me, though that depends a lot on the degree of crowdedness or distance out of my comfort zone, as well as my mental state at the time and whether I'm fed/rested and stuff like that.

Back