• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guide: Analysis of the full Galar Dex

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    well I'll be damned

they actually put Zekrom into the game

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • It appears that according to the cry files data I found, the National Dex Numbers for Generation 8 Pokémon are different with the Skwovet family being after the the Intelleon and then follows the Rookidee family for instance. So only the Nat dex numbers of Gen8 starters and legendaries are correct.
    Ah whoops forgot to update the table on the article side. Done now. I used this for reference of number order.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Still missing Cubone. Still burns a little.

I could just echo most of what has been said already in this thread, but at the end of the day, hey, that's commercialization folks. I'm still bothered, but honestly, the purge was very likely to happen eventually. 900+ Pokemon just seems a little stale to me. I'm not even a huge fan of Unova. In fact, that's the first generation I didn't even get through an initial play-through. I think this change forces me to get better acquainted with some of the creatures I previously neglected.

I'm still excited for the release, but it doesn't take much for me.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Some people on Youtube noted this game has about the same amount of Pokemon in it as Ruby and Sapphire. I don't know about balance. Personally I think it had more to do with not wanting to program the existing models into the game.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Not sure where else to post this, but I'm gonna list off the evolutions of the new pokemon:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Apparently over 100 moves were cut from the game which is kind of crazy but Light of Ruin which hasn't been released is in the code. That's AZ's Floette signature move.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    but Light of Ruin which hasn't been released is in the code. That's AZ's Floette signature move.

maybe they're finally going to release AZ's Floette, 2 generations after it should've?

probably not lol, but it's funny how this thing that's never existed outside of the games' coding is still in the coding, after everything that's been cut

"hey since we're cutting a bunch of stuff out of the code, we should probably cut this thing we're never gonna release, right?"
    "nah, leave it in there for shits and giggles"

Back