• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3 Favorite 3 Least Favorite Games

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Least Favorite

2. EarthBound

Thanks for this. I thought I was the only one. Earthbound is by far the most overrated and terrible RPG I have ever wasted my time playing.

Some gameplay innovation doesn't exempt bad design and absolutely horrendous storytelling. The latter of which is its absolute worst trait; the story.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Anyway, here are mine...although 3 really is not enough for either category. I doubt anyone will be surprised by my choices though.

Favourite:
1. Xenoblade Chronicles
2. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
3. NieR

Least Favourite
1. Persona 4 Golden
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
3. Pokemon Moon

Last edited:

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
Favorites:
1. Super Smash Brothers Melee :),
2. Hello Kitty Cube Frenzy,
and,
3. Pokemon y version.

LEAST favorites. Ugh, i hope i get through saying them okay....;
1. Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distence,
2. Kingdom Hearts: 365/2 Days,
and,
3. I'll have to think what kingdom hearts game goes in this spot.

I hate the kingdom hearts games. Period. Cept maybe birth by sleep, since it doesn't bring back THE DRAMA of my old 'love' for riku.

What I loathe about these games is the years I was into them were the very years i most seriously thought everything in this world was wrong, everyone hated me, i ended up in the hospital a lot, i ended up on a lot of my meds i'm on now ext ext ext I wish i could just FORGET that very franchise. Ugh....

Sorvete

Novice
Years
Favorites (Not counting Pok?mon):

1) Grand Theft Auto - The franchise as a whole, I love those games. It's so fun to play the missions, side minigames, races... The characters are also very captivating;
2) Minecraft - This game triggers creativity and motivates the art of exploring and adventuring the world, it's so cool;
3) LEGO franchise - Batman, Indiana Jones and Star Wars 2 were probably the games I most played during my childhood, and I created so many stories with that. I actually planned several characters inspired by the Batman and Indiana Jones ones, good times...

*I can't think of any game that I dislike so much that is worth to be listed as least favorites, so I'll stick with that.

probablyhylian

illusion is mine
Years
Favorite Games:

LoZ: Majora's Mask - This game has impacted me more than I could describe. I don't anything will ever top it. The whole aesthetic of the game is just a very warming feeling for me.

Pokemon Crystal - Although, I started with Red&Blue I think Gen 2 really pushed me into the Pokemon fan I am today. So many excellent thing were added that made this one of the best sequels to me and I still love the nostalgia the sprites from that generation give me.

Persona 3/ES: Morrowind: Have to give a tie here. Both are RPG's that helped cement my love for the genre in different ways.

Least favorite:

The Last of Us: This game is the most over-rated pile of crap I've ever seen, imho.

Final Fantasy X-2: I shouldn't even have to explain this one.

Every Paper Mario past TTYD: RIP sweet sweet series.

Last edited:

TaviTurnip

Artist and Streamer | Also a turnip
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
I have difficulty thinking of any games that are relevant enough to me for me to label them as the worst in some way, honestly. But my top 3? ... Hmm.

These have no definitive order.

1. Power Quest (GBC)
2. Tetris Attack
3) Super Smash Bros. Melee

Years
I have difficulty thinking of any games that are relevant enough to me for me to label them as the worst in some way, honestly. But my top 3? ... Hmm.

These have no definitive order.

1. Power Quest (GBC)
2. Tetris Attack
3) Super Smash Bros. Melee

I kinda have to say, your list is original.

TY

Since my last post is 4 years old and outdated, have a new list of mine:

3 favorites:
1. Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 - arguably the RTS that stuck with me the longest, hell im still playing it to this day. Easy to pick up and play and fun story, lots of mods avalible for it so its lifespan lasts even longer.
2. Counterstrike: Global Offensive - CS is the recent addiction I had for 2 years but dropped down a bit due to lack of interest
3. Need for Speed Underground 2 - Got me into cars and I just love having a tuned out Supra drifting all over the place
Honorable Mentions: Hearthstone, Age of Empires II, Halo and Forza Horizon 3

3 least favorites:
1. Fortnite - I find this game awful, very awful and I can't enjoy these type of games at all. Idk whats entertaining about playing a round for only 2 mins cause someone got luckier than you.
2. Destiny 2 - a mess of a sequel.
3. Overwatch

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Favourite Games

1. Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep (Final Mix)

This is my favourite game of all time. I love everything about it!! I remember not being very excited for it because I was really into Organization XIII at the time and wanted to know more about them, not some random characters from the distant (ish) past!! So of course I was blown away by how much fun the game was (best battle system!) and by how attached I got to the characters. I've played this game probably 10+ times all the way through, including a no exp challenge run, and I don't think I will ever tire of it.

2. Tales of Xillia

I really love the Tales series and while this is not the best game in the series, it's the one that resonated with me the most. I love the world, the characters, the plot, everything. I wish it hadn't been so rushed and I wish its sequel wasn't so terrible, but it will always have a special place in my heart. (I named my cat after one of the main characters!)

3. The World Ends With You

It's hard to pick a third because there are so many games that I love a lot, but I think TWEWY might slip into my top 3 because it's just such an objectively great game. Not only did I enjoy it immensely, but it's an easy sell to convince people to play it because it's just so phenomenal. I haven't played the non-DS version, but I'll be picking it up on Switch to see if I can still praise it so highly even when it's ported off its main console.

Least Favourite Games

1. Tales of Zestiria

I had really high hopes for this game and ended up just hating it, lol. I only played the PS3 version (which I believe was at least optimized a bit better in the west) so it played and looked like garbage, the story made no sense, the worldbuilding was horribly broken, the characters were boring, the graphics were gross, and just. Ugh. To make matters worse, despite it being received very poorly, Bamco won't stop milking it. I loved Berseria, which came after it, despite being a distant prequel, and yet when I went to Japan a few months after TOB came out, the only official merch they were selling at their Tales store was basically all Zestiria merch. So not only did I hate it but it's stealing the spotlight from better games and I am just very salty about all of it. >:/

2. Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded

I love KH but Re:Coded was such a colossal waste of time. It was ugly (especially coming out after BBS). It had a bastardized version of BBS's command battle system. It was YET ANOTHER rehash of the first game's plot. Just about everything that happened in it gets "cancelled out". And after all the artificial padding stretching it out to ~20 hours, the only important plot from the WHOLE GAME happens in the last 20 minutes. This might not bother me that much except for the fact that I'd seen the ending years before when someone recorded the ending from the original Coded cell phone game. So I put in all that effort to trudge through the awful game only to learn nothing new whatsoever. >:/ This is also the only Kingdom Hearts game I cheated and watched the secret ending for on Youtube because I could not bring myself to grind out completion in it. (The Secret Ending was stupid too because it's basically REQUIRED to actually understand what's going on in 3D, the game that came after it... whereas other secret endings are at least more cryptic, not literal plot that should have been included in the base game. UGH.)

3. Assassin's Creed III

I used to be soooo into Assassin's Creed. :( But I wrote this game off after the unrealistic running speeds in waist-deep snow and seeing the protagonist running through icy treetops and never falling to his doom. I don't know why that was the hill I wanted to die on re: video game realism, but it was. I wish I had listened to my initial gut reaction. I refused to buy it for less than $5 and it took so long for the price to go down. Before it reached my buying point, though, I was able to play a roommate's copy and despite being very ready for a new AC (I'd given up on the series), I just. Hated every single thing about it. It's so bad!!! None of it was fun, none of it made sense, and so on. I got about 7 hours in and finally had to just stop before I started to hate video games as a whole LOL. I'm so glad I never bought it because $5 was still way too much. (tbh I don't think I would play it even if someone PAID ME. I'd have to be earning like $20/hour to play it, and no one is ever gonna pay me that much hahahaha.)

Last edited:

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
3. Every Pokémon game following Ruby/Sapphire (ie. Emerald, FireRed/LeafGreen, Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver, Black/White and Black 2/White 2)
Yes, the old games were TOTALLY better. Bite being throwing your dentures was the GREATEST thing, who cares if most Dark mons were physical attackers. And all the new features and balls and stuff were COMPLETELY unnecessary, right? Yeah no. Hope you enjoyed my sarcastic paragraph. No offense but....you get my point.

Thanks for this. I thought I was the only one. Earthbound is by far the most overrated and terrible RPG I have ever wasted my time playing.

Some gameplay innovation doesn't exempt bad design and absolutely horrendous storytelling. The latter of which is its absolute worst trait; the story.
I highly recommend you check out the AVGN video for it. Maybe it would make you hate the game less. XP

Anyways I don't really have any least favourite games. So here are just favourites. And no.1 and 2 change from time to time.

1. Every Pokemon gen4 game
2. Both gen7 games
3. Super Mario World (probably my favourite non Pokemon game)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Yes, the old games were TOTALLY better. Bite being throwing your dentures was the GREATEST thing, who cares if most Dark mons were physical attackers. And all the new features and balls and stuff were COMPLETELY unnecessary, right? Yeah no. Hope you enjoyed my sarcastic paragraph. No offense but....you get my point.

I highly recommend you check out the AVGN video for it. Maybe it would make you hate the game less. XP

Anyways I don't really have any least favourite games. So here are just favourites. And no.1 and 2 change from time to time.

1. Every Pokemon gen4 game
2. Both gen7 games
3. Super Mario World (probably my favourite non Pokemon game)

I've both played Earthbound myself (for far too long too) and seen the video. It's still overrated as hell.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Favorite Game list is in no particular order(as is my least favorite).

Favorites:
1) X-Wing. Flight Sim games had a renaissance in the 90's with F-18 Hornet, Ace Combat, and Wing Commander. However none were as memorable as those from Star Wars and while Tie Fighter is the more polished version, I just love X-Wing and the 5 Tours encompassing the build-up to the Death Star battle and the evacuation from Yavin to Hoth.

2) Command&Conquer. First RTS game that honestly hooked me onto the RTS genre. Although I never got into RTS competitively, the early entries in the C&C Franchise were the best.

3) Starcraft. Another RTS classic that frankly has held its own over the last 20 years. With it getting a remastering, it's even giving its sequel a run for its money.

Least Favorite:
1) Diablo 3. Although its predecessor had its flaws, it was far more balanced and well thought out than this haphazardly made garbage pile of an RPG. Largely the result of WoW people making a WoW game and slapping a Diablo label on it.

2) Any C&C title post Red Alert. When EA gets its hands on something, the quality goes to pure garbage and C&C is unfortunately included.

3) Pokemon post Generation 2. Was there really a need for Abilities, Pokemon Contests and other "quirks"? I can understand promoting the new regional Pokemon and what not but everything else seems to be a bit much. XP Share was a response to grinding, which honestly reduces difficulty considerably since one doesn't have to spend hours individually grinding Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Top 2 are very easy for me:

1. Nier Automata
2. Undertale

For #3, it's a bit harder. I have to make it a tie between Bloodborne and The Last of Us

---
Bottom 3... well, instead of naming stuff from the plethora of Early Access games I've played or games that were created from an already existing IP from a different medium just to become a cashgrab, I'll name 3 really popular games that I just did not enjoy no matter how hard I tried.

1. Mass Effect
2. GTA IV
3. Batman Arkham Asylum

pls dont hate me

Last edited:
Years
My top 3 favorites.

1. Team Fortress 2, this game really marked me as an steam player and fps player like i said in many other posts i made and commented, has so many good classes to choose, each one requiring different strategies and skill to be played correctly, even if i am not really the best player in this game, hell it doens't matter, it really entertained me when i first downloaded the game from steam in like june 2017, thanks to gmod or garry's mod, i still don't regret my first time downloading it, recommended, also it might have some toxic people you will have to deal with but, you can know nice people too, i recommend it and it's also free but is a freemium that means has buyable items, but still, very good.

2. Contra (NES), i played it recently in the nestopia emulator, and i enjoyed it, a fun run n' gun game, enough said.

3. Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow, this game really needs mention of how enjoyable it is and for being the first pokémon game i have ever finished alone (in a emulator of course haha), i do understand gen 1 is overrated as hell and has some flaws but hey, it's gen 1, of course it will be overrated and have flaws, defects, bugs and glitches, but even if it had completed 20 years, it's still played today, and it definitely deserves the love it gets, even if i enjoyed fr/lg, i
don't think it will be enough to say it's better than the originals, i liked it but is just not enough to make say it's better , but yeah.

Honorable mentions are counter-strike 1.6, super mario world, team fortress classic (yeah, i had played it too, not as enjoyable as tf2, but at least it exists), donkey kong country, super smash bros. melee, super mario bros. (nes), counter-strike source, counter-strike global offensive (yeah, those 2 i mentioned i just downloaded them non-steam, like counter-strike 1.6), gta san andreas and gta iv.
As of now, i have no least favorite, i might edit this post when i think about my 3 least favorite games.
Sorry for the long text, it's because i felt it was necessary to put all of my feelings about my 3 favorite games.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Okay please pay no attention to my first post (dated 2014), I can't believe I listed Terraria and FE:A as my favourites, haha. >__<;

There's a tie between my first two favourite games.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
Where do I even begin? The way your eyes melt into the glorious pixel art; the vibrant, upbeat soundtrack; the wonderful story that leaves you in tears towards the end... That, and you get to play as Shinx! ^_^ There is still so much of this game I have yet to explorer, though unfortunately my cartridge no longer works. I'll replace it one day!​

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Whenever I attempt to describe how dear this game is to me... the words refuse to form. I can only feel how much I love it, in a way that's difficult to describe. Literally the only downside I can think of is the Wii remote going spastic! But when you've got a Zelda game as amazing as this, who cares about a little thing like that? One of my favourite parts is simply soaring through the sky on my Loftwing...​

Final Fantasy VII... I think. I'm not sure—there are too many options.

While I got into it late, there was a time when I was head over heels in love with FFVII! Some of you might even remember me as strifegirl (unashamedly stolen from a certain fan fiction writer). I knew all there was to know before I even started the game. The entire story, everything—yet I still played with boundless enthusiasm! Cloud, Tifa and Barret are my dream team. <3 Love those guys. Love the game, love the music, love the plot... love the amazing memories of staying up late while my mum served me radish omelette, being driven crazy by the Shinra parade song. xD Boy that omelette was good...

But there are so many more games out there, all battling for third place! Each of them has had their moments... countless wonderful moments. :') If feels a shame not to mention them here.

I feel it isn't possible for me to list three least favourites. Even one would be pushing it. Video games are what have kept me going all my life. That may sound sad, but believe me, I wouldn't have it any other way. <3

Years
Favourites:
Halo 3
Pokemon Emerald
Skyrim

Least Favourites:
Rayman Raving Rabbits TV Party
Sonic Heroes (as mentioned before, you realise this game is a bit of a mess when you get older)
Call of Duty: Ghosts

Back