• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

have you ever taken advantage of a game glitch?

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I liked to abuse the Emerald cloning glitch bc it was fun. One day I fucked up and lost my Groudon; normaly I would stop after that, but I continued cloning shite anyways.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • I used a glitched Mew on my team all through Virtual Console Blue. It was awesome.

I also tried to use the Missingno. Glitch - not even because I had a burning desire to duplicate any of my items, just because I wanted to see it - but my character didn't have the right name :(

Years
  • I'm not brave enough to attempt Gen 1/2/3 glitches for fear of a corrupted save file. The only glitches I've exploited were in those poorly coded rom hacks that unintentionally give you infinite Nuggets or Rare Candies or something lol.

Years
  • My original Emerald save had around 700 hours clocked, most of the Hoenn Pokedex, and was the file that really made me fall in love with Pokemon, having played it over about three years. You can imagine how much it hurt having to delete it after it became corrupted cause I used the cloning glitch. So yeah, my only experience using a glitch in the Pokemon games resulted in me losing every single box of Pokemon, leaving me with nothing but my party, never again haha! :'(

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Yup, I exploit the cloning glitch in Emerald to clone Rare Candies for Battle Frontier teams. I also cloned important TMs for that same reason. I've never exploited any other glitches, though. I've always wanted to try the Mew & Missing no. glitches, however, because they're really fascinating.

Years
    • Seen today
    Sometimes the Mew glitch, but most of the time I forget and have already battled the trainers.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Recently in Pokemon Y playthrough I took advantage of a glitch in Juice Shoppe that will give you Style point without actually buying. Used it so I can enter Lumiose boutique. xD

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I've used the Emerald cloning glitch before. Never knew there were any risks with it to be honest. Given I play it so infrequently that after getting a new internal battery for my 2017 play through it needs one before I can use it this year I may be more likely to try it again as if it works then I can keep my team in for some Battle Frontier fun should the battery expire whilst I'm not playing again. Presently I have an empty save, with no capability for growing berries if I decided to do some EV-ing etc. yet there's no point starting over (and I can't find anyone to fix it due to lockdown).

Back