The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Previous Generations
3rd Gen Favorite Generation 3 Memory?

Old February 4th, 2018 (5:50 AM). Edited February 4th, 2018 by Sabrewulf238.

Nature: Jolly
    Probably encountering and catchin a shiny Carvanha in Ruby while searching for a Feebas....and then finding the Feebas and capturing it.

(I also caught a shiny Kecleon in Sapphire, but I lost the game cartridge it was on)

Relevant Advertising!

Old February 4th, 2018 (9:36 AM).

Something I really enjoyed about Gen 3 was that I had a friendship group that also loved Pokemon as much as me at that time in my life so just playing around people at the same time made for a great experience.

Something else I really loved was finally figuring certain things out all on my own as at that time I didn't have guidebooks and wasn't the best at searching for detailed information on the internet about how to get exactly what I wanted. For example:

Feebas - The Pokedex was saying it was on route 119 so I fished, and fished and FISHED. Eventually I theorised all by myself that maybe Feebas was only fishable on certain individual tiles, so I switched my fishing method to fishing on a different tile every time and FINALLY my Feebas appeared. (Very rewarding feeling when your own inclinations are proven to be true)

Snorunt - I knew of this Pokemon's existence but couldn't for the life of me figure out where I could find one as no trainer in the game had one, therefore I couldn't search for it on the Pokedex. I was pretty sure if it was anywhere it would most likely be in Shoal Cave but unluckily every time I went there it was high tide so for the longest time I wasn't aware it changed. Eventually I did actually go back to try another search, and caught the low tide, explored, found the ice room, thought if Snorunt is anywhere in this region it has to be here, searched a little bit and one finally revealed itself.
      Old March 5th, 2018 (6:35 PM). Edited March 5th, 2018 by Toshiro..

Defeating Steven in Sapphire for the first time has always been a fond memory for me. I just remember it so clearly. It was one of the best champion battles I've ever had!
      Old March 9th, 2018 (7:29 PM).
      (๑꒪▿꒪)*

Nature: Timid
      Catching the regis in RSE. You have no idea the excitement I felt whenever I went in their respective caves...music gave me shivers and did a great job in making me feel I was encountering truly legendary Pokémon. And then, several attempts and 60 balls later, finally catching them was just so satisfying.

Also, restarting one of my RS copies constantly just to mix secret base records with my friend who was also restarting. <3 Ahhhh good times. RSE were amazing. FRLG too, but RSE truly were unforgettable.
      Old March 9th, 2018 (9:46 PM).
      Yes this is PC user Sun lol

Nature: Sassy
        Diving, fast frame rate, the summery Hoenn region, secret base, then-new Pokemon. They were definitely the part of best memories!
        Old March 10th, 2018 (9:20 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
          More than likely, the first time I ever played in Gen 3 on Omega Ruby about two years ago.

Omega Ruby was my first Pokemon game. After my 12th birthday, I went to Walmart with my parents and got a 3ds and Pokemon Omega Ruby with my birthday money and some that I had already been saving. I was so excited! I went to my cousins house that night and played it all night; No sleep!

It was one of the best memories of my life probably. I even took a video with my 3ds of that time and I occasionally go back and look at it and feel so sad that I can't go back in time, but also grateful that I've been blessed with an amazing memory.

I'll never forget when I picked Treecko because of how cool he looked to me. And in that very same night, I battled the first six gyms before crashing at 7 AM.

I can't tell you how many times I've restarted the game because of how much I love Gen 3. It'll always be the best Gen in my opinion :smile:

Quick Reply