• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
^ I wish you good luck sir! *Salutes*

Anywayz, would anyone here be up for a Roleplay about an interregional tournament? I have thought of ways they could work......Feedback pwease~! ^^

Years
One of the RPs I tried to start was kinda like that, with the twist that it was a Mario crossover, with the various species from those games also competing. No one signed up, but if you want to join to see if other people want to, go ahead.

Cooker

As free as my hair
Years
I know they're kind of common but I haven't seen a Harry Potter RP around here for a while [meaning I searched for when the last one was; I haven't actual been around on this site too long]. Anyways, I'm reading GOF and am jacked for the next movie and so I'm constantly in an HP mood, so I kinda want to start a Hogwarts RP... But I'm not really sure how to develop a defined plot around that. Like would it be too boring and lacking in plot to just have people go through the school year in whatever year they please mainly interacting with other students and experiencing the magic world, with occasional balls and organized Order/Death Eater skirmishes? Or would it be more plausible to gear the entire RP around being in the Order and constantly on missions fighting DE's? But that might just be too...strict and not offer that much freedom for RP'ing, ya dig? Would anyone even want to join something like those?

So the dilemma: chance the RP being too loose and uneventful, or too strict and high action/intense, or scrap it all together?

Woo for questions.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
Technically, it is most RPs die, not all. I think I've heard of one that was completed and had a sequel. Forget the name, I saw the sequel and I wanted to join it, but I didn't since I had no idea about what was going on. XD

I wouldn't mind joining a Harry Potter RP. :P Perhaps have a mixture of both, Hogwarts plus Order. Hmmm, now I have a pretty good idea. XD Want to co-own if you feel like making the RP? :P

Cooker

As free as my hair
Years
That might not be an awful idea since, well, I've never made an RP lol. What's your good idea? Or was it co-owning? xD

Last edited:

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
Years
Here is a mini-plot for My other RP idea:

Spoiler:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
My idea was have both into one, have both a Hogwarts part and a Order of the Phoenix part. Each person can have two characters, one for the Hogwarts half and the other for the Order of the Phoenix half. So, while they have the excitement of being at Hogwarts, they can also have the dangers of the battlefield with the Order of the Phoenix part.

And I mean doing these two simultaneously. =D Which is why I had the idea to co-own because it might get confusing trying to balance both sides by yourself. I'm failing at that aspect right now in my own RP XD.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
^ I wish you good luck sir! *Salutes*

Anywayz, would anyone here be up for a Roleplay about an interregional tournament? I have thought of ways they could work......Feedback pwease~! ^^

If you mean a pokémon competition, then I might be up for it :D

rustymenon

Master of Illusions
Years
Maybe, just tournament style battles..... Like maybe it can be, you give us six Pokemon, with their movesets, and different players engage in anime style battles. That would be cool.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Yes, that would be very nice :D Though I'd like to pick my own team of 6.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hm, yeah... that might be true. But some pokémon I just don't want to battle with :p Like...hm, alright. Maybe I can be rather flexible after all.

rustymenon

Master of Illusions
Years
Which Pokemon? Something like....let's say.....Butterfree? We can probably tell the GM the Pokemon types we want, in a PM, so that it won't be public and people can't see and cheat.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I'm debating what my next RP should be. Although I don't plan to start it until my first RP is finished. I was thinking possibly cutting down the time it takes to finish an RP, that way making people stay in, as they won't get bored, faster. (I hope) :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I love Butterfree :D

Yeah, maybe I should do the same, Supervegeta.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Maybe, just tournament style battles..... Like maybe it can be, you give us six Pokemon, with their movesets, and different players engage in anime style battles. That would be cool.

Actually, I've been in a website that I'm on a roleplay sort-of thing were there are formulas that have anime-like style battles. :3

We use a certain forumla for it. :3

It might be tricky to explain:

Damage: (Move Base Power + STAB + / - Field Bonus) x Effectiveness x (Attacking stat/Defending stat) x Adjuster = Damage

Well that was its statistical side. @-@

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I prefer to not go statistical in most RPs ;D But I'm interested to see how it will work in Ye Pokebeast Journey.

I'd actually like a roleplay set in medieval times where you get to create your own character with stats and skills though. Like in your ordinary RPG video game. With a GM who actually knows how to play it out and set the stats for opponents and stuff. I've been trying to myself but I think there's so much to keep track of.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I was thinking of making something like a Fire Emblem RP. :3

For pokebeasts, its only the HP you "should" worry about. @-@
I'm going to make it so your attack + defense power = your RP post substance / detail.

rustymenon

Master of Illusions
Years
Fire Emblem? Hmmm...

How about a RP on Ace Attorney? The GM can set the case and areas, There can be Detectives, Prosecutors and Defense Attorneys, and then their specialties can be set by the GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back