• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help] New to the community

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2021
    Hello! Brand new to the forum and to the community so I hope this is the right place for this question! I started playing pokemon when red and blue came out and played up until gen 4 I believe (diamond/pearl was the last game) I now do quite a bit of traveling for work and recently purchased sword and pre ordered the new diamond for the nostalgia aspect I couldn't help myself! I guess my question is how do I go about finding someone to trade with when the time is right? I remember some pokemon needing to be traded to evolve how do I know the person will send the pokemon back 😂 Unfortunately I don't know anyone who plays these games anymore.. I'm sure this is a real basic question so I apologize in advance!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Since you're here on PokeCommunity, you can head over to our Trade Corner to make a thread to arrange whatever trades you'll want to do in the future.

Years
  • Hello Dmara =)

Just make sure you're clear when requesting a trade in the Trade Corner.
    If you want your pokemon trade evolved and then traded back, just say so in your request and you should be fine =3

Good luck and hope you enjoy the games =3

DrWho42

ka kaw
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    hey! welcome! any chance do you maybe have a favourite pokemon? looking forward to seeing your posts!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Hello! Brand new to the forum and to the community so I hope this is the right place for this question! I started playing pokemon when red and blue came out and played up until gen 4 I believe (diamond/pearl was the last game) I now do quite a bit of traveling for work and recently purchased sword and pre ordered the new diamond for the nostalgia aspect I couldn't help myself! I guess my question is how do I go about finding someone to trade with when the time is right? I remember some pokemon needing to be traded to evolve how do I know the person will send the pokemon back 😂 Unfortunately I don't know anyone who plays these games anymore.. I'm sure this is a real basic question so I apologize in advance!

Welcome to the community! What do you do for work? Don't feel compelled to answer, I'm just curious. Do you enjoy the traveling aspect of your job? I'm pretty excited for the new remakes myself, I just hope they live up to the expectations. You can visit the Trade Corner for trading. I'm sure that the users there are pretty good about giving back your Pokemon. If you ever run into any issues with them not returning them, contact a Trade Corner moderator immediately. When the games release I expect the trading section of our Discord to be pretty busy, so I you do have Discord, you could also use that as well. i hope you enjoy the community and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Enjoy your stay! :D

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Welcome, Dmara! I'm sure the community will be delighted to have another trader here. You can always ask a trusted member to trade for/back Pokémon that require trade evolutions. :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Welcome to the community! As others have said, you can easily trade online these days :3 Arranging it here via PokéCommunity usually makes people trustworthy I think.

I hope you'll have fun with the remakes! we're all hyped :D

Back