• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: The Battleground

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Yeah, basically any game that requires a gamemaster, with its own structured rules and mechanics and such, with a determined number of players fit the bill. It's too strict for the Playground, since PG is more of a lax post-n-go environment, has the same level of seriousness as the UG, but not mafia, and is more lenient than RPT which needs everyone to contribute to the output, unlike the games hosted here, which is usually only shouldered by the GM.

Years
Yeah, basically any game that requires a gamemaster, with its own structured rules and mechanics and such, with a determined number of players fit the bill. It's too strict for the Playground, since PG is more of a lax post-n-go environment, has the same level of seriousness as the UG, but not mafia, and is more lenient than RPT which needs everyone to contribute to the output, unlike the games hosted here, which is usually only shouldered by the GM.

So can we call these "Tabletop-Style Games" for the sake of having a fairly accurate and simple tag in the short term? I personally think a "Serious" tag would still be too vague and only conveys tone,, not type.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
So can we call these "Tabletop-Style Games" for the sake of having a fairly accurate and simple tag in the short term? I personally think a "Serious" tag would still be too vague and only conveys tone,, not type.
haha that's right along the lines i was thinking. do you think a cyoa would fit that or no? would that be confusing?

dad

big poppa
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
this discussion is basically dead but i think it should do fine in the playground. that's actually how i initiated bringing mafia to life. i got the word out here (via feedback & support) as well as a little advice, contacted the PG mods to see if i could have my thread stickied for visibility purposes, hit up those who expressed interest and look at mafia now. :)

def will be checking out some of the games y'all host

Years

*bump*

Hey, so, basically, I'm going to be requesting a prefix called Tabletop (and clarifying what type of game can use that prefix in the rules), but I want to get a game going, and it will be stickied.

Any of you got a game you want to start?

Years
*bump*

Hey, so, basically, I'm going to be requesting a prefix called Tabletop (and clarifying what type of game can use that prefix in the rules), but I want to get a game going, and it will be stickied.

Gunner is already hosting a mafia game, wiz too :c chu too that leave bac, Anna and me lol

I'll be ready after 25 c: Basically Hunger games c: We already have a emblem for that too c:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Oh, wish I had seen this earlier! I'd be all for a section like this. Or a subsection. Or even just promotion of big games. I've been wanting to try some more serious games.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
*bump*

so the more i think about it the less sure i am about the designation of "tabletop" just due to what kinds of things we're putting in- theyre so varied! but i. cant for the life of m think of a better name. can we brainstorm?

also imma do a cyoa soon

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Also hosting an Amazing Race-esque tournament/event or something like that, which actually works like in the show :X

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
i know right! it's such a broad idea that theres not a lot we can say lmao. maybe [Complex] for now and if theres anything better then... well we change down the line ya?

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
GM Games, with GM standing for Gamemaster. That work?
Saw this a bit late, but this seems much better than Tabletop tbqh. Game Master Chu, yeah sounds good {:3}. Speaking of good, Game Master Chu is almost done with his current Event & already has something planned, anyone interested?

Pika Pika :chu:

Back