• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Ruby Destiny Series

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
The current Mega Evolution research and implementation are for FireRed and Emerald. Andrea is working on implementing that feature on Ruby.

But in any case, no, I'm not planning to add Mega Evolution in the game. It doesn't fit the Ruby Destiny story. :/
aww, oh well, i guess it just doesn't fit the story. XD

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Dec 12, 2015
And let's face it. The 4th part of this awesome series is worth the wait!
Good luck with the hacking!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I managed to make some progress with the game. :3
But before I'll show you some screenies, I wanna let you all know that, in case you guys aren't aware yet, that...

...I restarted Pokémon Ruby Destiny: Broken Timeline.

Eeyup. I rebooted the game. Or started hacking the game again from scratch. What this means is that the Beta 1 of the game you guys played? All of those content no longer exist. No more 5 region nonsense. No more National Pokédex. Nada.

So yes, I started again from scratch. When did I restarted the game? I forgot. Somewhere around the first quarter of the year. You guys remember that little announcement I made about me quitting the fourth game? The reason I posted there is the same reason why I decided to restart the game.

The updates and screenshots I've been showing you guys lately? About new graphics and everything? Those were for the rebooted Broken Timeline. And speaking of screenshots, here are new screenies for the newest progress I just finished inserting in the game. :3

Qg1EodA.png
WTTrTRa.png
1PNHWZl.png

I've already finished scripting the Shop, so it was about time I scripted the Inn. The Inn replaces the Pokémon Center in the game, sooo yeah.

Christmas Break is almost here, and I am really hoping that I could make a lot of progress with the game. :3

Have a great day, pipz~

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
One thing I really disliked about LOG when I played it recently was the excessive usage of ellipses. It would be nice if you toned it down a bit for this hack, it gets annoying when people... constantly... talk like... this...

Icelate

Neeeeeeeat~~
Years
It's been a long time since I've last seen this page but I think it very well deserves one of my nostalgia trips.

Hello there, I don't ever use the Pokecommunity unless I'm just browsing for hacks to play and for about a year I have stopped playing hacks in general, only returning to the vanilla copies of the games for nostalgic purposes. But I've recently wanted to come back to hacks, especially this series, and I'm adoring the progress of the Broken Timeline. I am subscribed to Jagolds channel and keep up to date with any content he posts of the hack and I have loved most of it if not all of it (I don't really remember all of it haha) that comes with the progression of the hack. I hope all is well in development and you're enjoying yourself Jagold!

I might check here more often in the future to see on any news and seeing a reboot for the series might be a little disappointment sort of as it does slow down development but what ever gets what you think is the best, I will look forward to.

Anyways, I gotta go study for those finals! Man, it's been years since I first ever touched RoL and it was a long journey following your hacks but man were they worth it. Cheers to many months to come of enjoyment. Thanks Jagold.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
seeing a reboot for the series might be a little disappointment sort of as it does slow down development but what ever gets what you think is the best, I will look forward to.

The entire Ruby Destiny series isn't getting rebooted. What I meant to say was, only the Broken Timeline game is being rebooted. Sorry for the confusion.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hello and good day, everyone.

I wanna show you guys this new video I recently uploaded on my channel. It'll show the two latest features I implemented in the game. The first one, you already know what it is: The Inn. The second one is this new "box" feature.

Check it out and tell me what you guys think~

Oh no no, my mistake! I knew only Broken Timeline was getting rebooted, I just messed up my words, sorry.

Oh, okay. That makes sense, I suppose.

One thing I really disliked about LOG when I played it recently was the excessive usage of ellipses. It would be nice if you toned it down a bit for this hack, it gets annoying when people... constantly... talk like... this...

...I...uh...r-really...um...have n-no...idea...what you're...um...talking...about...
In all seriousness though, yeah, I minimized the use of ellipsis this time. :3

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
The rebooted Broken Timeline looks much better than the old one, the tiles looks so clean and gives a different feeling of exploring the places. I also think it doesn't need 5 regions to be a good game. It's better to have one well-made region than five badly ones. But I'm surprised you choose Crest of all five. I assumed it could be Gento or Hevah because of the timeline theme.

But it's okay and I'm looking how the "new" plot will develop. The Inn reminds me of the earlier Final Fantasy games, which is a nice bonus. The box feature makes it harder to pick items up, we can't know what's inside the box. Like in the Mystery Dungeon series, where we have to open boxes. It's like the Pickup ability before Emerald and it looks fun.

By the way, I have a question because of the plot: Will some parts of the old plot return like the main character is actually a legendary and how will Chaomega's role be?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 29, 2017
The inn idea is really nice, but opening the boxes seems to be pretty annoying. How about treasure chests where you need instead of the "pokeballs" and you don't pick them up but open them with special keys you find on your journey. Like yellow chests need a yellow key etc.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Nice trailer! I can't tell you how many times I've rebooted my hack. (Mostly due to breaking it from lack of experience but those were my younger days...) So what's changed now if you don't mind sharing? Is the beginning with Lati@s still a thing, or is the story changed significantly? Where does it take place now that the choice was removed? Just one region or other areas to travel to? Any returning characters from the original? Any non-returning ones?

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
But I'm surprised you choose Crest of all five. I assumed it could be Gento or Hevah because of the timeline theme.
By the way, I have a question because of the plot: Will some parts of the old plot return like the main character is actually a legendary and how will Chaomega's role be?

The name "Broken Timeline" will probably be changed in the future to fit the new story better. As for the moment, BT is a temporary title name until either I can think of a more fitting one, or if I can connect the "timeline theme" to the new story. I'm betting on the latter though. :V

And with this reboot, the main character's background, history and story is entirely new, so he isn't a secret or amnesiac legendary this time. As for Chaomega, no, he won't be around until later.

The inn idea is really nice, but opening the boxes seems to be pretty annoying. How about treasure chests where you need instead of the "pokeballs" and you don't pick them up but open them with special keys you find on your journey. Like yellow chests need a yellow key etc.

Huh... You know, that's actually a very interesting idea. Four different colored keys might be a nice alternative to Mr. Box Opener if you're not willing to part 100 pokedollars. But then that would mean I'm going to sacrifice 4 OW sprites for that, and Ruby kinda has limited OW sprites. :/ But I'll consider it still, and I'll study how to do item scripts when I get the chance. :3

Nice trailer! I can't tell you how many times I've rebooted my hack. (Mostly due to breaking it from lack of experience but those were my younger days...) So what's changed now if you don't mind sharing? Is the beginning with Lati@s still a thing, or is the story changed significantly? Where does it take place now that the choice was removed? Just one region or other areas to travel to? Any returning characters from the original? Any non-returning ones?

Your first few questions are identical to Feroniamon, so just check my reply to him/her. :3

As for your other questions... The region I chose is Crest, the region from SkyLine. So yeah, the game will focus on one region only.

For returning characters, I would say that that's not going to happen any time soon in the game. I originally made Crest an 'isolated little island region,' a bit far away from other larger regions, so technology is kinda slow to arrive there (hence why there's no PokéCenter).

For non-returning characters, I'd say the Dragon Gods won't be around because, well, in the LoG timeline, they died (except for one) while on the original timeline, Zah 'commanded' them, and after his defeat, well, the Dragons on his command disappeared with him. But who knows what'll happen after Chaomega merged the two timelines (yes, the two timelines merging is still a thing even in this BT reboot. But the game being before, during or after the merge, I'm not sure yet.)

So yeah...

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
The name "Broken Timeline" will probably be changed in the future to fit the new story better. As for the moment, BT is a temporary title name until either I can think of a more fitting one, or if I can connect the "timeline theme" to the new story. I'm betting on the latter though. :V

And with this reboot, the main character's background, history and story is entirely new, so he isn't a secret or amnesiac legendary this time. As for Chaomega, no, he won't be around until later.

Huh... You know, that's actually a very interesting idea. Four different colored keys might be a nice alternative to Mr. Box Opener if you're not willing to part 100 pokedollars. But then that would mean I'm going to sacrifice 4 OW sprites for that, and Ruby kinda has limited OW sprites. :/ But I'll consider it still, and I'll study how to do item scripts when I get the chance. :3

Your first few questions are identical to Feroniamon, so just check my reply to him/her. :3

As for your other questions... The region I chose is Crest, the region from SkyLine. So yeah, the game will focus on one region only.

For returning characters, I would say that that's not going to happen any time soon in the game. I originally made Crest an 'isolated little island region,' a bit far away from other larger regions, so technology is kinda slow to arrive there (hence why there's no PokéCenter).

For non-returning characters, I'd say the Dragon Gods won't be around because, well, in the LoG timeline, they died (except for one) while on the original timeline, Zah 'commanded' them, and after his defeat, well, the Dragons on his command disappeared with him. But who knows what'll happen after Chaomega merged the two timelines (yes, the two timelines merging is still a thing even in this BT reboot. But the game being before, during or after the merge, I'm not sure yet.)

So yeah...

Game sounds AWESOME!!!! Like the idea of keys to open the boxes.....

Icelate

Neeeeeeeat~~
Years
I'm wondering if at any point in soon to be renamed Broken Timeline, if there will be any references to the past protagonists from RoL, RR, and LoG. I believe LoG had a reference to the RoL protagonist although I'm not sure, haven't played LoG in a very long time after completing it.

Years
Saw the new video, everything looks great.

The key to open chests feature that was mentioned after the video was also a good idea...

Your tileset also seems to have improved compared to the BT i played long time ago, though imo, the colour of the grass was nicer (should i say more vivid?) at old BT (just the color. the design seems to me overall better in your video)

Buttttt.... plzplzplzplzplzplz make it so you can open multiple boxes with one click on that dude... it will be like when u were buying coins at game corner at RBY! **** that porygon needed 9999....and players in BT will have to do it EVERY time they visit town with new items...

Last edited:

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Saw the new video, everything looks great.

The key to open chests feature that was mentioned after the video was also a good idea...

Game sounds AWESOME!!!! Like the idea of keys to open the boxes.....

Thanks for your input about the keys. But for now, I'm going to put it on the lower parts of my priority list.
...I don't even have a list. >.>

Buttttt.... plzplzplzplzplzplz make it so you can open multiple boxes with one click on that dude... it will be like when u were buying coins at game corner at RBY! **** that porygon needed 9999....and players in BT will have to do it EVERY time they visit town with new items...

Huh... I could have sworn you used an online game or something to compare how tedious opening boxes one at a time is going to be. Aw well...

Anyway...

I hope 5 boxes at a time is good? :3
Took me almost two days to make it possible. Not to mention that I wrote and tested this script while I'm at work. xD Thank goodness scripting looked like I'm writing PHP codes or something. :P

I'm wondering if at any point in soon to be renamed Broken Timeline, if there will be any references to the past protagonists from RoL, RR, and LoG. I believe LoG had a reference to the RoL protagonist although I'm not sure, haven't played LoG in a very long time after completing it.

Yeah, there will be references from the previous RD games for sure. By references, I mean Pokémon and events from the previous games. At the moment, I'm not sure if previous heroes will be mentioned. I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Back