• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you stay on top of firmware updates?

Years
  • Are you someone who likes to update their phone/computer the day a massive firmware update is released? Or do you like to procrastinate and update later?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I always try to update my iPod, iPad and phone, but there are often times when I forget... or the fact that I use it a lot. I don't feel like updating it since it does take a while. x___x

Years
  • I'm real lazy and never update the firmware on my phone. I just looked and my iPhone is still running 11.2.1, which was released back in December 2017, which was barely 2 months after I got this phone.

There a few new features that I like from the new iOS, so ones some of the bugs get fixed (by 13.2 or something), then maybe I'll jump on board.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2023
    I attempt to keep my software and operating system as up-to-date as possible. One of the biggest reasons I use Debian-Sid and Arch as my primary Linux distros.

I'm not the best on updating firmware though because it's a more out of the way thing to update, but I still do what I can (after a bit of research to ensure it won't brick anything). That and a lot of machines require Windows to update the BIOS now much to my chagrin. :/

Years
  • as much as I would like to, I can't be bothered everytime. I'll do it eventually though :p

Years
  • It's rare I update day of release on a new update, sans apps. Usually I wait to hear how stable a major update is before downloading it, as some firmware and large software updates can be known to be buggy, especially after it enters public release state.

Back