• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any love for Lickitung?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    My favorite Pokemon has always been Lickitung. I'm really not a fan of Lickilicky, though. Anyone else lic Lickitung?

simone1234

Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.
    Years
  • If lickitung gets a third evolution with 1 extra type that has high stats, then i would use it.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I adore Lickitung! I was so excited to see it in the newest Detective Pikachu trailer!

Although it's not currently my top-favorite, Lickitung was probably my first real favorite. I remember getting its card at Burger King back in the day and showing it off at school like it was the coolest thing ever. I even wrote a short story about it in 4th Grade, "Lickitung Steps On Its Tongue" (which I'd later follow up with "Wartortle's Loose Tooth," inspired by another classic favorite of mine). I've got a Shiny one on my Virtual Console Gold team. :)

lickitung.png

Lickitung's HGSS sprite might be my favorite Pokémon sprite in all existence​

Like you, I'm not really a fan of Lickilicky. It's actually one of my least-favorites thanks to its weird proportions (albeit not as awkward as Seismitoad), goofy face (lack of nostrils doesn't help), unnatural markings (they did a better job blending Lickitung's "bib" into its design), and gross fleshy "hair." More power to those who like it, but it's a big NOPE for me!

On the plus side, thanks to Lickilicky, Lickitung can make use of Eviolite!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    If lickitung gets a third evolution with 1 extra type that has high stats, then i would use it.

I actually imagine it would get a new baby form ala Snorlax / Munchlax. I'm kind of surprised a "Likicute" or something like that doesn't already exist.

What kind of second type would you like to see it have?

Or what if it had a divergent evolution, away from Lickilicky?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I remember getting its card at Burger King back in the day and showing it off at school like it was the coolest thing ever. I even wrote a short story about it in 4th Grade, "Lickitung Steps On Its Tongue" !

Lol where can I read this? I actually imagine it could be an adorable childrens' book. I'd illustrate it!!

Like you, I'm not really a fan of Lickilicky. It's actually one of my least-favorites

I want to live in the alternate world where Atsuko Nishida was the one who designed Lickitung's evolution :(

Years
    • Online now
    I want to live in the alternate world where Atsuko Nishida was the one who designed Lickitung's evolution :(
    If she also designed Nosepass' evolution, Jynx got an evolution, and Watchog and Emolga didn't exist in that world, then I'd like to live there too :)

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Lol where can I read this? I actually imagine it could be an adorable childrens' book. I'd illustrate it!!

Those stories have been missing for nearly two decades, sadly. Aside from the title, the only part I can remember is Jigglypuff asking if Lickitung's tongue was broken, and someone else telling Jigglypuff that tongues don't have bones.

YESSS!!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I used Lickilicky in Platinum, and it defeated Cynthia's Garchomp at the end with explosion. I really like how it can learn that move, and I kept it the entire play-through hoping it could save me in a situation. Especially after my own Garchomp I finally obtained ended up too slow against hers and defeated. I ended up really liking Lickitung and Lickilicky.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Jessie's Lickitung was always one of my favorite Pokemon in the early seasons of the anime, and as much as I liked Wobbuffet, I still hate that they both figuratively and literally switched the two in one episode, and we never saw Lickitung again.

I've never really used it (or Lickylicky) in the games, but I do appreciate how it can learn all of the hard-hitting TM moves, making it tough to plan against, even if it's more of a defensive Pokemon than anything.

FactoriesFarAway

Youngster
    Years
    • she/her
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 2, 2024
    I've never actually used one before in a playthrough, but I should at some point. I don't tend to pick up normal types unless I really love them. I honestly think it's kind of cute, even though I know that's a fairly unpopular opinion.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • This pokemon is neutral to me, but i kinda feel sad when Jessie accidently traded her Lickitung for Benny's Wobuffet (sp?), futhermore it's name in german reminds me of the polish word "slub" (wedding)

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Likitung is okay, I never really used one, since it's really difficult to get in almost every game it's in. You can only get it through trade in Gen I, and it's only at 15% encounter in Gen II with the exception of Crystal. Maybe if it were easier to find in the earlier generations, I'd use it.

I mean, Lickilicky isn't bad or anything--I'm just really not interesting in using one.

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • Don't have anything against Lickitung, and I quite like Lickilicky. It's decent in battle as one playthrough of Blaze Black 2 has proven to me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Wow, this got a lot more attention than I thought it would! Thank you all for your feedback! I'm really glad to know I'm not the only one who loves Lickitung, and for those who don't like them particularly, thanks for being awesome in replying and sharing your opinion :)

Back