• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What are your favorite things about G/S/C?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Among all the negativity here lately about G/S/C, I figured we needed something more positive. Share your favorite things about Generation II that intrigued you. It can be something very small or something larger about the games.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    Two regions is the best part for me. They introduced a lot of my favorite Pokemon. The starters might not be great competitive pokemon but they all have great designs. The legends look excellent as well. I also think that the elite four is really difficult and I think that's a really good thing. I've played Gold and Silver and Heart Gold and Soul Silver so much and I still have trouble sometimes. Also Red is really epic. Is there anything else like that in other games? Finding him and seeing a level 81 Pokemon for the first time that belonged to a character in the game was actually really incredible for me as a youngster.

As far as things that were introduced there are a ton.
    A Pokemon being able to hold an item.
    Breeding
    Dark and Steel types.
    Shinies
    Pokemon genders.
    Moves like Protect, Outrage, Megahorn, Pain Split, Spikes, Extreme Speed, Mega Drain and Sunny Day.
    The first time you could play as a girl.
    Friendship
    SPECIAL stat was split to Special Attack and Special Defense.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Their post-main game is undoubtedly the best. You get to explore an entire region.

Plus, this gen introduces my second most favorite Pokémon, two great types, and the day-night cycle.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2019
    Simply put, the pokemon! They were some of the best of any region, and for the longest time Ho-oh was one of my favourite pokemon of all time

Supa_Furai

The Unbreakable Pylon
    Years
  • I really liked the Day/Night feature, being able to choose a girl (Crystal) as your Trainer. I liked the fact that Team Rocket came back and all, as well as the Rival and their music.

Guest123_x1

My favorite thing about G/S/C would be the full-color graphics that take full advantage of the Game Boy Color's capabilities (as limited as they were considering the era Generation II was released in). The full-color display was even better once you got to Kanto, as limited as that region was in Gen II (Even the rest of the world's releases of Yellow were limited to displaying a couple of shades of one color in the outside-of-battle overworld and even in battle, and in battles, Pokémon and trainer sprites had similar display limitations.)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    - Celebi
    - being able to put stuff on your select button
    - multiple bag pages so you can actually store things without constantly having to run to the PC
    - probably more stuff that I can't think of

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Two regions to explore, as well as a plethora of great features introduced all at once. Most of the feature changes have managed to stick around, too, which is more than can be said for a lot of the cool stuff introduced in later generations (following Pokémon, seasons).

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    In Crystal you could finally play as a girl! She's the Female Protag with the coolest design imo

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    The whole aesthetic of the gen was amazing, and day and night was swell too

Back