• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2018
    I have a idea you may want to consider integrating into the the game
    I thought of a way to make Red harder to beat without making it look so hard
    IF Red looses, it says Red whited/blacked out, then he comes back with a higher level team, mean while you do not get healed between battles, and the AI should use battle tower mode (at some point)
    if this presses repeats until he looses with a lv 100 team, he gets competitive EVs/IVs and move sets, then if he still looses he get hacked abilities on 1 or 2 Pokemon, lets say a sturdy shedinja and or a Arcanine with the ability wonder guard, the item focus sash, and the moves rest and burn up
    * a shedinja with sturdy can only be damaged by indirect damage, eg burn, poison, hail, leach seed
    * a Arcanine with wonder guard can not be hit by non status moves after using burn up and rest will cure any damage/status ailments as well as PP stall a LONG time; the focus sash will prevent getting one shot by a sweeping pokemon

Obviously this should only happen if red is supposed to win, maybe he could get legendary pokemon at some point (if we need to use this at a point past mt. moon)

EDIT:
    I would like a prompt to step aside or challenge Red in font of the Game Corner if i have to follow him to the PC so he can heal and we take it outside that is fine, i just want to try to 1 shot him with my scyther like he did me at mt moon with his charmeleon

Edit:
    A few more ideas
    1. What do you think about using the move thief outside of battle, it can be used on people like the guy who gives you tm 29 (psychic) this will up the bounty on your head of course
    you could also use this to steal tm 36 sludge bomb, but this will up the bounty a lot more (+25%-50% or 50,000-100,000 which ever is greater) and get you a battle where a loss is game over (forced soft reset), they could say "Now that is a bold move, that bounty is mine" there level will be relative to the bounty so doing that frequent will go bad really fast

2. Another thought i had is bribing merchants to sell you stuff and if they refuse you rob them (they should be far from weak in battle)
    (to put a stop to this Lance should assign the E4 with there lv 70ish to shops with stuff worth robbing, eg celadon city)

3. Once your bounty gets to a certain point if you talk to a officer and do not bribe or turn in a pkm, they should attempt to claim the bounty for themselves

team rocket does not play by the rules, well they do but every rule exist only to be broken

Last edited:
    Years
  • Something that I didn't realize I wanted until I read the message above was a different ending. I absolutely adore the story so far. Right now we're just a grunt. An outstanding grunt, but a grunt nonetheless. So it's fine that Red is still messing us up right now.

However one thing that I want to see from this rom hack is the game having a different ending. Not just us rising to the top, Giovanni getting beat, then we get to be the boss. To be honest, I'm playing this because I want to be evil, and no one likes to lose. So far, it's great because we're seeing a whole new side of the story. For example, Blue hating Red for killing his Raticate.

But seeing team Rocket end up the same as in canon will just leave a bad taste in my mouth, ya know? I would be fine with it in the end as long as it is done right, but ideally I would like to see the game end differently.

I also have a second recommendation, and although I know it would be harder to do, I feel like it would add a ton to the game. Side missions. Full blown missions that don't directly relate to the main story. It always seemed weird for us as the main character to just fly through the story in what is seemingly a day or two. This is especially true with this rom hack, where we are in team Rocket. There is no way that we would rise in the ranks so quickly.

So I feel like other story parts that we don't interact with in the normal games would be awesome. Something other than stealing Pokemon from random people that REALLY makes us infamous criminals.

I want non-Pokemon robberies (Heists) of all different kinds (Bank heists, stealing important items from different organizations or even the government, museum heists, etc.), assisting in completing other objectives that don't include stealing (Distracting authorities away from the main site so that someone else could complete a job? IDK), maybe some revolutionary stealth-like missions if it's possible. And hey, maybe even some more.....violent missions? Taking out a target, kidnapping someone, etc.

Although I call them side missions, I'm still imagining them be mandatory. I feel like them being optional would be weird. I'm just calling them side missions because for the most part, they wouldn't directly relate to the plot. But hey, I would also like to see missions like this that DO relate to the plot.

I know that this one is WAY out there, but I think that if it happened, it would magnify the awesomeness of this game even more than the concept of this game alone already does.

This was totally brought on by me playing Payday 2 for like three days straight.

Last edited:

Tunak23

Blurson Of the Shore
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2024
    I played your beta a long time ago but it really did surprise me.
    Like you say on your introduction page I was one of the poor tools that were constantly checking the forum for Toxic Purple updates and I respect that your idea comes from that project.

About the game itself is marvellous the only thing I'm worried to is that you might abandon the project by some point...please don't do it 😫

I like the ideas about the ranks on team rocket and the changues of outfits following the canon of the games,Will you do a time-skip by the end of the story and introduce the Johto plot on team rocket's view?
    I know it's a really long time idea but it would be perfect man!

Please give us a completed rocket game,we all will be forever in debt.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Gotta say, love the game. Ever since I first found out there were rom hacks based on being TR, I've been trying them out. This is by far the best looking. I'm sure others are more...'complete', but that doesn't help if it's ugly, or just a few text changes here or there.

I love the freak out if RED loses to you in Mt. Moon. I beat him legit...but just barely...grinding for a long fluffing time, using all the heals I had, left with 1 pokemon that would have died if my opponent didn't, etc. I had a slightly easier time in the next fight, but he didn't freak out that time :/ ANYWAY. Good game, Keep up the good work and good luck.

colonelsalt

Guaranteed to raise the smile
    Years
  • Hey man, I got to know about this rom today itself and just completed my way through till the lavender mission.
    So excited for next update.
    It is the best rocket hack rom that I have played.
    looking forward to its completion < 3

Thx for making and working on this hack
    Im ur fan

finally we get to be rockets

Hey there! I created this account for the specific purpose of thanking you for making this hack! I've already played it three times and I'm positively craving more of it! Being able to steal pokemon from other trainers is something I've always dreamt of doing in a pokemon game, and the infamy system adds a nice original touch to the gameplay and a personal nuance to the story. The plot is intriguing and adds unexpected depth to a lot of characters and circumstances (we thought) we knew like the palm of our hand! The whole hack feels very polished and carefully planned, and I'll be definitely waiting for the next installments.
    Thanks a lot for your time and efforts!

I have a bad habbit of "scrolling" though good hacks without leaving a comment to,you know, at least encourage the creators..
    But seriously the moment when I saw this hack I know I gotta do say something:
    BRILLIANT Idea man
    just plain brilliant
    I hope that you enjoy making this hacks, because you totally worth it, and releash more updates in the future
    Seriously we can't get enough hack like this one of yours
    Hello there, I'm still looking forward to the next beta. I still have Beta 1 so I can cheese my way through battles with Red :P
    Gotta say, love the game. Ever since I first found out there were rom hacks based on being TR, I've been trying them out. This is by far the best looking. I'm sure others are more...'complete', but that doesn't help if it's ugly, or just a few text changes here or there.

I love the freak out if RED loses to you in Mt. Moon. I beat him legit...but just barely...grinding for a long fluffing time, using all the heals I had, left with 1 pokemon that would have died if my opponent didn't, etc. I had a slightly easier time in the next fight, but he didn't freak out that time :/ ANYWAY. Good game, Keep up the good work and good luck.
    Guys, thanks so much. It's for you I polish beta 3 to be as excellent as I can make it. Patience now just a little bit longer!
    This is definitely the best hack I've ever played.

How's the new beta coming along?

Will I have to start again from beginning once isn't downloaded?
    Thanks so much! Nope, your beta 2 save should work just fine for beta 3.
    I have played this about 4 hours now (strait) it is great so far

i did notice one very small minor bug affecting a single tile in mt. moon and only a perfectionist would care about fixing
    right after there is a little group chat near the stair case/latter one tile in in accessible (still registered as occupied use by a npc) i was head back to the poke center to heal when i found this
    the tile is here: i.imgur.com/n1Jo0R2l.png
    Would it be feasible to make TMs reusable, i never use them cause if i do i never will be able to get them again?
    (edit: i see you addressed this all ready, what do you think about buying them at the rocket store?)
    EDIT:
    found a logic error, Pokemon stolen are not the same as in the battle
    Thanks for the kind words and for the bug report-- tile bugs are always tough to spot.
    Customising stolen Pokémon to where they perfectly match the one you just fought in battle (in terms of stats, moves, OT, ability, etc.) is something I've wanted to pull off and have made several long attempts at. I'm afraid my ASM skills are not up to snuff and the strength of Game Freak's error-checking mechanism for Pokémon stats too good, that I've invariably generated Bad Eggs when I've tried this. Agree, it would be a very nice touch and feel consistent. Perhaps one day if I choose to immerse myself in Pokémon-manipulation through ASM.
    Plenty of TMs available in beta 3; not to worry.
    I really like the rom hack. sadly without save states or being a master mind you get send to the beginning straight away if you do certain things wrong which pisses me off. Like taking the moon stone from the guy before talking to the guy will happen to be a insta reset. It really pisses me off sometimes.
    Thanks! Yes, that does sound piss-off worthy. Which emulator are you using? Let me know, and I'll look into it. In VBA and MyBoy I've encountered no freezes at all for the most recently released version.
    I have a idea you may want to consider integrating into the the game
    team rocket does not play by the rules, well they do but every rule exist only to be broken
    Agree on the last point. Thanks for the input, will see where I end up going with it ;)
    Something that I didn't realize I wanted until I read the message above was a different ending. I absolutely adore the story so far. Right now we're just a grunt. An outstanding grunt, but a grunt nonetheless. So it's fine that Red is still messing us up right now.
    This was totally brought on by me playing Payday 2 for like three days straight.
    Great stuff ;)
    I'm not at liberty to say anything about plot details coming up, but share your enthusiasm for more gangstery side-missions. More of that coming in beta 3.
    I played your beta a long time ago but it really did surprise me.
    Like you say on your introduction page I was one of the poor tools that were constantly checking the forum for Toxic Purple updates and I respect that your idea comes from that project.

About the game itself is marvellous the only thing I'm worried to is that you might abandon the project by some point...please don't do it 😫

I like the ideas about the ranks on team rocket and the changues of outfits following the canon of the games,Will you do a time-skip by the end of the story and introduce the Johto plot on team rocket's view?
    I know it's a really long time idea but it would be perfect man!

Please give us a completed rocket game,we all will be forever in debt.
    Thank you, man!
    I love Rocket Edition, and it's too close now to meeting my original vision to ever consider scrapping now. It will be seen through to completion, don't worry. ;) Afraid I'll have to stay quiet on plot details.
    Any news on the next release?
    Will you be continuing this game??? I really enjoyed it!
    when will the next beta been release?
    Expect beta 3 within the month. Doing my all to get it out and in great shape by then.

A few more non-spoilery teasers:
    5iO7znd.png
    21l3Kno.png

Also, a sharp-looking new animated backsprite to reflect outfit changes, drawn by my friend Bacson Dias Graça! (Who promises to have a DeviantArt link I can plug in the near future... ;D)
    uUOR1Sc.gif

With beta 3's release nearing: If anybody is interested in beta testing Beta v3 a week or two before release (playing the game from many angles aiming to break it and reporting bugs to me), send me a PM. This will really help speed up the testing process and assure the game is as smooth and enjoyable as possible for everyone-- I really appreciate the gesture if anybody wants to help out here.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2018
    Agree on the last point. Thanks for the input, will see where I end up going with it ;)
    I thought of another possible action for use of thief outside of battle, use it to steal pokemon from trainers you defected and chose not to steal at the time (re-battle?), if you have taken a pkm from said trainer a officer comes running after you and tries to defeat you, if you are not allowed to steal from them i guess you could get a junk item like a potion, x atk, poke ball, etc. as well a bump to your bounty, again repeats results in a officer battling you (every time this happens they get stronger, or perhaps they match your teams level(s) or highest level)
    i suppose if you ever do get the feature of stealing pkm that match what the trainer used in battle a re battle would be required as storing every trainers RNG team long term would be a bit too much work

* I do volunteer for alpha testing (a PM has been sent)

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2023
    I recently started playing it and I must say that I love your game! I always wanted to try playing pokemon as one of Team Rocket Guy and now when I have a chance I can't stop playing, it's that amazing. For now I don't see any errors that I could report, it's working fine for me.
    I can't wait to see new beta being released, good luck with finishing it!

Genderist

Nomad
    Years
  • The game won't allow me to evolve my max happiness Golbat. I've tested my Golbat's return, and it's the max happiness animation. Everytime i level up my Golbat, it goes into the evolution animation and the evolution stops halfway with the text box showing a "...?" And then nothing else. Wondering if anyone else experiencing this?

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    The game won't allow me to evolve my max happiness Golbat. I've tested my Golbat's return, and it's the max happiness animation. Everytime i level up my Golbat, it goes into the evolution animation and the evolution stops halfway with the text box showing a "...?" And then nothing else. Wondering if anyone else experiencing this?
    probably because the game doesn't provide you a national dex :(

Genderist

Nomad
    Years
  • probably because the game doesn't provide you a national dex :(

Damn. You right. Anyone know if the dev could bypass this? Maybe make the rocket edition start off with national dex? I know i could just as easily cheat code in a Crobat, but i hate breaking the rules of a game just to get what i want.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2017
    Hey, I just made an account for the site to make this message, I've gotten really into Pokemon hacks lately and this one has been one of my favorites to play, it seems like it's been almost a year since the last update though and I was wondering if you'd stopped altogether or if it's just been a slow process?

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2018
    Hey, I just made an account for the site to make this message, I've gotten really into Pokemon hacks lately and this one has been one of my favorites to play, it seems like it's been almost a year since the last update though and I was wondering if you'd stopped altogether or if it's just been a slow process?
    new version due this late this month (tip: scroll up)

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    I was playing this for the first time and I got a shiny weedle from stealing from a trainer. And I was like "Wow is this normal to get?" Later on I didn't have the 200 bux needed to get past the police officer so I was like "Hmm, maybe I can go through the cave and get to the other side." When I tried and got to the ladder that was after the spot where the 2 fossil's were and went up them my game restarted. I was like "... What...? I didn't save either." This was how I found out getting a shiny weedle from that trainer wasn't normal. Anyway you can consider this a report about a bug/glitch.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2017
    so... can i play the beta of the v3.0 ?
    i mean, i can't wait! please! (in fact i can, i have other game to play before, but i really wanna play it!)

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2017
    So I stumbled upon this rom hack yesterday and let me start off by saying I very much adore the premise and story so far.

That being said, I have a problem with the game that no one else has mentioned in the comments before. I'm having a severe problem with my Pokemon disobeying me ever since they hit level 11 (which is above level 10 so I would need a badge for them to keep listening but that is not an option obviously). Is this an intended mechanic? Because it is quite frustrating for me at the moment and I would strongly advise against it if it is indeed intentional.

If not, has anyone else had this case or is it just me?

Cheers

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2021
    Would love to test the game, I did a play though on youtube that was received very well, would also love to part of the discord server for it if you have it my guy!

Last edited:
    Back