• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CSS Help & Resources

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Yes something like that would be perfect! I tried to make a CSS textbox like that but I couldn't get to work ;-;. Would it be alright to borrow the code for my sig? I'd change up all the current text and pictures. (I'd also give credit either in the sig or my profile.)
Yes you are more than welcome to use it!! Let me know if you have any issues!

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Is there a limit on the number of slides a css carousel can have?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
There shouldn't be, it's probably dependent on the library itself and what the browser can show. That being said, screen width is a huge concern if you start using more than a few, so I'd probably try to keep the number low unless you don't have a positional marker for the carousel.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
There shouldn't be, it's probably dependent on the library itself and what the browser can show. That being said, screen width is a huge concern if you start using more than a few, so I'd probably try to keep the number low unless you don't have a positional marker for the carousel.
I see.

The plan right now is to have 7 slides in total. But after 5, it doesn't want to make more of them be separate--the 6th one it keeps mashing together with the 5th for some reason =/ Some of the slides use images that go across the whole screen. Would making them not do that help, or am I misunderstanding things here?

And what is a "positional marker"?

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Hey guys, for some reason I can't get rid of the scroll near my signature. I tried overflow:visible but it didn't help. I'm only using BB code, so why the scroll?

Years
Oh, really? What browser are you using? I'm on Chrome and my forum skin is Shooting for the Sun.

The scroll is driving me crazy, I swear, haha.
One and the same, my friend. What OS are you using? Screen resolution?

I'd like to see a screenshot as well just to see.

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

Years
One and the same, my friend. What OS are you using? Screen resolution?

I'd like to see a screenshot as well just to see.

I'm using a 64-bit operating system and my resolution is the recommended 1920 x 1080.

Spoiler:

Years
Either way, it's not really outside of the signature limits. However, have you tried different styles to see if it's still present? I have matched my settings with yours and still don't see it at all.

Hyzenthlay

Years
Either way, it's not really outside of the signature limits. However, have you tried different styles to see if it's still present? I have matched my settings with yours and still don't see it at all.

Well this is sort of embarrassing?the scroll only appeared because I had Chrome zoomed in to 110%! That's all. ?\_(?)_/?

Thanks for your time, all the same! ^_^;

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
I saw this and was totally going to reply but forgetful me...
I see.

The plan right now is to have 7 slides in total. But after 5, it doesn't want to make more of them be separate--the 6th one it keeps mashing together with the 5th for some reason =/ Some of the slides use images that go across the whole screen. Would making them not do that help, or am I misunderstanding things here?

And what is a "positional marker"?
A positional marker is those dots or dashes or whatnot that you may see on an image carousel to indicate where in the set of images you are. It's the thing in this image underlined in red:

r9KK45O.png

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I saw this and was totally going to reply but forgetful me...

A positional marker is those dots or dashes or whatnot that you may see on an image carousel to indicate where in the set of images you are. It's the thing in this image underlined in red:
Removing them seems to have fixed things. Thanks n_n

Hyzenthlay

Years
Hi guys! Is there any reason why the following code for my custom usertitle isn't working?

[*span=font-family: Germania One; font-size: 20px; background: -webkit-linear-gradient(#078218, #98ba8d); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent;]#TeamTrivia[/span]

It was fine ten minutes ago...

Spoiler:

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I don't know that you necessarily need to use the webkit version of those parameters. I think you can just use text-fill-color and background-clip as they are. Then again, I've never use [span] so...

Hyzenthlay

Years
Well, I'm back again! Can anyone tell me why using a transparent border makes an image repeat, like shown below?

Spoiler:

For example, if you look at the right border, you'll notice the image behind it is where the left side of the background starts. Why won't it fit the image properly?

EDIT: Never mind, all it needed was "background-origin: border-box", haha. But I will leave this up in case anyone else encounters the issue. ????

Last edited:

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
Firebug - One of the most useful addons for FireFox I've downloaded. What this does is, basically lets you edit a web pages coding (not for good only for demonstration purposes) and see your edits right before your eyes as you type. It's a great way to see what way a web site is built up as well as check codes to see how things are done.
This is outdated, Firebug isn't available anymore because same features are included in Firefox.

AMP017

Trans Sylveon Enjoyer
Years
Hey, I don't really know much CSS but was wondering if someone could help me with making a fancy flair or something? I am seeing them and wondering how they were done.

Years
Hey, I don't really know much CSS but was wondering if someone could help me with making a fancy flair or something? I am seeing them and wondering how they were done.
Hi there o:

I know this thread is a mess (and that's why we're hoping to get it reworked in the future ^^) but here's a good place to start if you want to learn some CSS:
https://www.w3schools.com/css/

Or if you were looking to just have a nice flair to go along, you could pop into art shop as well here!
https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fn=art-and-design

AMP017

Trans Sylveon Enjoyer
Years
Back