• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Golurk is considered Green by the Pokedex

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • What Pokemon do you find classified as the wrong color by the Pokedex? I fail to see how Golurk is "green", and how Dialga is white. Dialga is clearly blue! What's it doing in the white classification of the pokedex?

Also, it baffles me there's no orange color in the Pokedex. There's plenty of orange Pokemon that could fit under this category: Chimchar, Tepig, and Buizel, for example, and these Pokemon are classified as either red or brown by the Pokedex. That's weird and dumb. You'd think by now, they'd have and "orange" color to search through in the Pokedex, but nope.

Here's a link to the category page about it on Bulbapedia.

Last edited:
    Years
  • my only issue is that the pokedex classifies snorlax as black when im fairly sure it's some weird dark shade of blue-green (sugimori art has it as bluegreenish, anime colours are a bit darker). im not quite sure where i see the "black", here. i think maybe the pokedex was trying to imply that it's a really washed out black.... but wouldn't that be grey, then? idk

also volcanion is classified as brown when, unless im looking at it wrong, like a solid 90% of its body is more of a dark red, and the only brown parts are its claws, lower jaw and other bits of its body.

Years
  • It would be nice if they could split it up into primary/secondary color as well, as there are plenty of Pokemon that are stuck into one category, even though they've got another color prominently featured (Voltorb and Electrode being literal 50/50 examples). Anything to help out color blind guys like me would be a much welcomed improvement to the Pokedex!

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • To be honest I always mistook Dialga with Palkia as a kid (who's white), so maybe Gamefreak did that too.

For the question, I think Spoink should be grey instead of black. Just look at him!

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • - Exploud being considered blue.

- Snorlax being considered black (looks more dark blue)

- Alakazam line being brown (I mean their clothes are but most of their body isn't)

Will come back for more...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I kind of wonder if some of these might end up being because of how supposedly people perceive colors differently. Because:
    im also confused on why Staraptor is considered brown when it's black all over
    When I look at Staraptor, I see it as a primarily brown Pokemon, with little to no black.

Like, does everybody remember that whole dress things from years ago?

Years
  • I kind of wonder if some of these might end up being because of how supposedly people perceive colors differently. Because:

When I look at Staraptor, I see it as a primarily brown Pokemon, with little to no black.

Like, does everybody remember that whole dress things from years ago?

perhaps we do see colours differently because:

Spoiler:

the shades of brown that im used to are nowhere on Staraptor's body. it seems like various shades of black.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2021
    Green refers to the rarity, right?
    If so, can someone plz expain how it works to me.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • also why the h*ck is mareep white it's YELLOW (or if we care about the head colour more, like druddigon being red because of only its head, then mareep should be blue)

Back