• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Shiny Toxtricity event set for GameStop, EB Games shops in America

Shiny Toxtricity event set for GameStop, EB Games shops in America

Shiny Toxtricity event set for GameStop, EB Games shops in America

It appears you’ll need to go into a store to access a serial code.
Years
Actually excited for this. I haven't done one of these since like, Gen 5, when I got the shiny legendaries. Seems like an odd time with the Rona but just be smart, wear a mask, and get in and get out. Lucky for me, Toxtricity is one of the Pokemon I haven't hunted for either!

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
That kind of serial code event is plain stupid now because covid-19, Shiny Toxtricity is not worth of risking health.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 10, 2021
wait, if i took a picture of the QR code, I dont have to go back into the store right? I can just scan the picture? Or is it location based?

Years
That kind of serial code event is plain stupid now because covid-19, Shiny Toxtricity is not worth of risking health.

I mean, people are already out and wearing masks, if I am at the mall and I swing into GameStop for 10 seconds to grab a serial code, I think it'll all be good. Life has to go back to normal at some point and where I live, anyway, there are very few cases.

Last edited:
Years
wait, if i took a picture of the QR code, I dont have to go back into the store right? I can just scan the picture? Or is it location based?

I imagine just scanning the QR code will be enough regardless of location. So just go into any GameStop, scan the code, and leave. Which is still a little awkward to see people do by itself haha. Or in your case, scan the code from your photo album when you're home, I really don't think it'd restrict you if you're not in the store since it's probably not coded to actually check your location when you do these things. As long as you scan the code itself, you should be fine.

I wish they wouldn't do this during a pandemic, especially with all the bad rep GameStop is getting. We need to catch up with the times and be given them out via WiFi. I'll probably just breed my own.

Years
I imagine just scanning the QR code will be enough regardless of location. So just go into any GameStop, scan the code, and leave. Which is still a little awkward to see people do by itself haha. Or in your case, scan the code from your photo album when you're home, I really don't think it'd restrict you if you're not in the store since it's probably not coded to actually check your location when you do these things. As long as you scan the code itself, you should be fine.

I wish they wouldn't do this during a pandemic, especially with all the bad rep GameStop is getting. We need to catch up with the times and be given them out via WiFi. I'll probably just breed my own.

Yeah, I don't really mind because it's not like it's one of those mythic events where you can't get the Pokemon otherwise, if you don't want to do it then just don't. Like you said, breeding is always an option and getting the Shiny Charm is so easy, anyone breeding for shinies should have it anyway.

I am probably going to do it but odds are, I'll end up forgetting anyway since Toxtricity isn't a Mon I really care about.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Kind of a weird decision to do one of these types of events during a time like this, though as long as people do it safely, it shouldn't be an issue. It does bring back some nostalgia since it's been forever since I've did one of these.

Years
Yeah, I don't really mind because it's not like it's one of those mythic events where you can't get the Pokemon otherwise, if you don't want to do it then just don't. Like you said, breeding is always an option and getting the Shiny Charm is so easy, anyone breeding for shinies should have it anyway.

I am probably going to do it but odds are, I'll end up forgetting anyway since Toxtricity isn't a Mon I really care about.

Yeah it'd be especially bad if this were some mythical mon you couldn't get any other way :x At least they're not encouraging going to the store to that extent. Toxtricity is cool to me but not enough to go to GameStop, especially since I won't be back in the States until June anyway. Who knows if the giveaway will still be going by then haha.

Years
Yeah it'd be especially bad if this were some mythical mon you couldn't get any other way :x At least they're not encouraging going to the store to that extent. Toxtricity is cool to me but not enough to go to GameStop, especially since I won't be back in the States until June anyway. Who knows if the giveaway will still be going by then haha.

For sure and don't get me wrong, I would prefer an online event but I understand that a struggling company needs to get people in the door and they can't wait forever regardeless of a pandemic. I do think it is a bit scummy but, sadly, par for the course when you live in a society where money > everything.

Back