• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Two- Three weird questions 'cause I didn't know where else to ask them.

Years
  • I came in with one question, but after a bit of fruitless searching for that one, I got another.
    So I'll lump these two questions together because I'm just hopeless. -.-

Number #1 my original question.
    I do like a lot of people here, but is it "too-close-too-fast" to "friend" them? Seems the only way is to put their names in my contacts and stuff. (I get a little dissuaded by the "are you sure?" screen.)
    I wonder if there's a non-commited "follow" button where I'm just aware if the user I like is posting something or is online.

Number #2 resultant from trying to find the answer to Number #1.
    Who are all the staff-members of PC? Is there like a big "credits" page of some type that lumps all important names together with their positions here? I've seen it before on other sites, and I haven't found one here through roughly glancing around, if there is one.

#1 is just a formality thing.
    I know for certain knowing #2 will answer whatever other numbered numbers I'll end up getting overtime with my patronage of this site.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I came in with one question, but after a bit of fruitless searching for that one, I got another.
    So I'll lump these two questions together because I'm just hopeless. -.-

Number #1 my original question.
    I do like a lot of people here, but is it "too-close-too-fast" to "friend" them? Seems the only way is to put their names in my contacts and stuff. (I get a little dissuaded by the "are you sure?" screen.)
    I wonder if there's a non-commited "follow" button where I'm just aware if the user I like is posting something or is online.

Number #2 resultant from trying to find the answer to Number #1.
    Who are all the staff-members of PC? Is there like a big "credits" page of some type that lumps all important names together with their positions here? I've seen it before on other sites, and I haven't found one here through roughly glancing around, if there is one.

#1 is just a formality thing.
    I know for certain knowing #2 will answer whatever other numbered numbers I'll end up getting overtime with my patronage of this site.

Ok, one more question because I didn't think of it sooner.
    If The Quick-Questions thread is closed, why is it still up on that news-ticker like thing right there on the Feedback & Support Forum?
    1) There is no real "follow" button afaik. Whether you should or should not friend request someone is something that I guess is up to how you think the individual will respond to it. Some people are fine with getting friend requests from anyone, some aren't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2) It's a small link waaaaaaaay at the bottom of the index that says "View PokeCommunity Staff": https://www.pokecommunity.com/staff.php

Can't blame ya for missing it. This is why we should never completely remove username formatting guys >:(

3) It's just that someone forgot to edit it when that thread was locked lol. I'll try to ping a few people here so they're aware and so hopefully will fix that.

Achromatic said:
    Sheep said:
    Goku said:
    ....this does work, yeah?

if it does, fix that shit sometime

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    1. The software we're running has that built in by default. There isn't a follow button, although you have the option to set your profile to friends & contacts only, which is the only way i've seen the friends list be useful.

2. The list of staff can be found here. It is a pretty small link, so i don't blame you for missing it. There are a lot of us btw! Don't feel intimidated since we're all here to help you find your way around.

3. I'm sure no one has paid it any mind so it kind of got left and hasn't been updated. I'll tag someone to get that changed.

Achromatic said:
    Sheep said:
    Goku said:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Just to answer your first question generally speaking, there's no better judge of when to friend request someone than your own feelings. We couldn't really give you any tips on when to do that. As a whole our member base is extremely welcoming and happy to get to know you. And the friend list isn't taken too seriously or exclusively by most members, so it's unlikely you'd offend or bother anyone by doing it. :)

And yeah, the splash pages where you saw that Quick Links has to be manually edited. Someone just forgot at some point when we closed that down.

Back