• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 31, 2020
Okay, not sure what I'm doing, but I was trying to open a rom and got this error which said to report it.

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 15

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Could you add a Cry Pointer/Growl Pointer to the G3HS, Pokemon Data Editor? Would really be nice :)

Accept no imitations ;)

eN0UT24.png

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2016
Help! When I try to load my ROM (fire red) it gives me an error:
"at rom offset 0xfffffe there is an unkown rom id"
then it goes on asking if I want to replace a number in a file at the end of the program or whatever and then it just kind of breaks down from there. Help please?

Phantom Phoenix

Lost on the road of life
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Jul 1, 2020
Help! When I try to load my ROM (fire red) it gives me an error:
"at rom offset 0xfffffe there is an unkown rom id"
then it goes on asking if I want to replace a number in a file at the end of the program or whatever and then it just kind of breaks down from there. Help please?

You are using vanilla fire red or used any base patch ( mrds, artificial red etc)?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
Hey, I have been getting a problem opening Gen III Suite.app. If someone here knows the issue, let me know.
Screen_Shot_2016-12-22_at_11.55.32_AM.png

Phantom Phoenix

Lost on the road of life
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Jul 1, 2020
Hey, I have been getting a problem opening Gen III Suite.app. If someone here knows the issue, let me know.

extract gen 3 hacking suite and all its folders from the downloaded zip again somewhere. You will see a folder named Resources now. copy that folder where your previous gen 3 hacking suite is.
Problem will be resolved now.
(Your aforementioned problem happened cause u either deleted the Resources folder or moved gen 3 hacking suite.exe to a different folder without moving Resources folder along with it.
So , if u want to avoid this kind of issue not only with this tool but also others which have folders with them , make sure u move those files/folders if u move application to a different folder.)

remer

The Warrior
Years
Hello I am using win xp 32 bit. When I tried to expand Pokemon in fire red it is showing an unexpected error occurred and it needs to close. What is the problem?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 28, 2020
I can't edit any rom hack on this thing anymore :(. It keeps saying index problem yadayadayada something. Can someone please help me. I have no idea how to edit .ini if no rom hack comes with their .ini's.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 24, 2019
hi, just want to ask if there's a way to extract sprites or icon of pokemon from this tool? and if yes, can you tell (or point me to a thread maybe?) how to do it? thnx

BBaggins2112

Casual-est Fan
Years

extract gen 3 hacking suite and all its folders from the downloaded zip again somewhere. You will see a folder named Resources now. copy that folder where your previous gen 3 hacking suite is.
Problem will be resolved now.
(Your aforementioned problem happened cause u either deleted the Resources folder or moved gen 3 hacking suite.exe to a different folder without moving Resources folder along with it.
So , if u want to avoid this kind of issue not only with this tool but also others which have folders with them , make sure u move those files/folders if u move application to a different folder.)

I'm having the same problem, and this didn't fix it. I'm not sure if I misunderstood, but I still can't get the app to run. I'm running mac, so I don't think its even an exe file. Any help is much appreciated. I just want to rom hack.

Jakob99

Worlds greatest trainer.
Years
This program is very great but it lacks one feature that I think could be useful; Tabbing. You can tab in the non-drop down boxes but you can't tab from the drop down boxes to the non drop down boxes which I find annoying when adding in moves. Just an idea for this.

jta156

jta156
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 23, 2022

I'm having the same problem, and this didn't fix it. I'm not sure if I misunderstood, but I still can't get the app to run. I'm running mac, so I don't think its even an exe file. Any help is much appreciated. I just want to rom hack.

Yeah I'm running into the same issue. I saw earlier in the thread that someone fixed this by moving the Resources folder and the PokeRoms.ini file into the dist folder, but that's not working for me. Try it and see.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 17, 2017
Its doesn't work when i try and open a rom. it just says there were incorrct inis or something, gives me an an option to change the numbers, but i cant get it to work and i have no idea what it means.

BBaggins2112

Casual-est Fan
Years
Yeah I'm running into the same issue. I saw earlier in the thread that someone fixed this by moving the Resources folder and the PokeRoms.ini file into the dist folder, but that's not working for me. Try it and see.

Nope, nothing. I didn't have any other folder other than resources, so I tried making one and naming it dist (and disc and disk incase that was a typo), and got the same error.

Syogren

Syogren
Years
Hello!

I have been using the program to edit pokemon genders. I had went through all the pokemon from Bulbasaur to just stopping short of Poliwag (minus the Nidos, although I did give Nidorina and Nidoqueen the ability to breed), when I encountered this error:

Piped error from sys.stderr: PLEASE REPORT

ERROR:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 675, in on_change_poke
File "<string>", line 769, in reload_tab_data
File "<string>", line 799, in reload_stuff
File "<string>", line 1163, in load_stats_into_boxes
File "/Users/homedepot326/Desktop/Secret-Tool-master/build/mainMAC/out00-PYZ.pyz/wx._core", line 12996, in SetSelection
wx._core.PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "item >= 0 && item < [m_comboBox numberOfItems]" failed at /BUILD/wxPython-src-3.0.0.0/src/osx/cocoa/combobox.mm(164) in SetSelectedItem(): Inavlid item index.​

Since it said to report the error, here I am, reporting the error.

I'm using a Mac, if that helps...although from the looks like the error message already knew that.

Did I do something wrong?

Also on the last line of the error, "Invalid" was spelled wrong, but I'm not sure how big a deal that is.

This is all I'm aware of having done. It then asked to try to restore the ini. I said yes...and now I think it froze?

Another question: Is it possible to add an option to save as another file, so as not to overwrite the original? If not, I understand.

Last edited:
Back