• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen General Chat Caf?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I really liked the difficulty in this game after beating it. X/Y was so easy that I think I underestimated it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I am LOVING Omega Ruby. The DexNav is an amazing feature, I love being able to catch Pokemon with an !, whether it's an insane level, egg move or hidden ability. I really, really, hope that stays in Sun & Moon, surely it will...?

I think my only issue with ORAS is the sprites for flying Pokemon. They're, aside from Swablu & Altaria, flat-winged and floating and it looks really stupid. I've just got the Latios and it just looks like an aeroplane on cruise control. Swellow, too. Really hope they make Flying-type sprites more imaginative in Gen VII.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I am LOVING Omega Ruby. The DexNav is an amazing feature, I love being able to catch Pokemon with an !, whether it's an insane level, egg move or hidden ability. I really, really, hope that stays in Sun & Moon, surely it will...?

I think my only issue with ORAS is the sprites for flying Pokemon. They're, aside from Swablu & Altaria, flat-winged and floating and it looks really stupid. I've just got the Latios and it just looks like an aeroplane on cruise control. Swellow, too. Really hope they make Flying-type sprites more imaginative in Gen VII.
    I honestly disliked all the Gen 6 Pokémon models, but the birds are especially bad.

The rest of the game though omg it was amazing :)

Years
  • I think my only issue with ORAS is the sprites for flying Pokemon. They're, aside from Swablu & Altaria, flat-winged and floating and it looks really stupid. I've just got the Latios and it just looks like an aeroplane on cruise control. Swellow, too. Really hope they make Flying-type sprites more imaginative in Gen VII.

I honestly disliked all the Gen 6 Pokémon models, but the birds are especially bad.

The rest of the game though omg it was amazing :)

We have XY and its Sky Battle mechanic to blame for this, since for a Pokemon to even be eligible they needed to be flying in their model as well as have the Flying-type or Levitate. Badly executed if you ask me.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2016
    Hi guys, new to this forum! Just want to know if there is any tips on catching shiny pokemon?? Or if someone wants to sell a shiny charm? I'm pokecrazy :D

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
  • Hi guys, new to this forum! Just want to know if there is any tips on catching shiny pokemon?? Or if someone wants to sell a shiny charm? I'm pokecrazy :D

I think the shiny charm is a key item, so it cannot be traded. However there are plenty of tips on catching shiny Pokemon around the web. Play around with the DexNav. I guess that's the equivalent of the PokeRadar in this generation, but so much better. Type "shiny chaining" into google and start from there, if you haven't heard about that yet. I'd say that's probably the easiest *legit* way to get shiny Pokemon.

Toby_Ryuzaki

Not the Best
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    I don't know about you guys, but having a search level of 432 for an eevee without having any shiny is just disappointing and just pure bad luck T-T

Am i really this unlucky or am i doing this shiny chain wrong. Here is what i did:

- got my shiny charm
    - max repel always on
    - used the dexnav to search for Eevee on route 116
    -occasionally after 100+ chains, "Could not be found at this time" pops up
    idk if that breaks the chain, but my guess is that it breaks the chain so i reset the search count to zero.
    -used around 20 leppa berry
    -the lurking through grass is always perfect, none of the pokemons ran away.

So can you guys tell me if i am just really unlucky??

Years
  • -occasionally after 100+ chains, "Could not be found at this time" pops up
    idk if that breaks the chain, but my guess is that it breaks the chain so i reset the search count to zero.

It does break the chain if I'm correct. I've never chained via DexNav but I know that it breaks the chain.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I envy you guys with your Shiny Charms, I'm still working towards mine. I'm at 623 but gosh from what I'm hearing about the trolly shiny charm I hope it's all worth it ;;

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2017
    I could also use a shiny charm.. Doing a shiny only plythrough and my luck isnt great :p Are shiny charms actually tradeable?

I believe someone mentioned it was a key item, which makes sense. So no trading?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I could also use a shiny charm.. Doing a shiny only plythrough and my luck isnt great :p Are shiny charms actually tradeable?

I believe someone mentioned it was a key item, which makes sense. So no trading?

It's a Key Item, so it can't be traded.

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2017
    Ehhh??? All shiny??? How are you going to do that... sounds a bit crazy :p

It is :P I doubt I will make it, but I'm just collecting as many as I can.
    The goal is to keep me busy until Sun & Moon come out :) and maybe even breed a few perfect pokemon to play through S&M. (Maybe even a shiny vulpix 6IV egg that I will hatch in alola ?! Presuming that works though :D)

PokeCommunity offers a nice trading ground so that helps a bunch. Keep in mind that when I started this goal of a Shiny Only playthrough, I didn't know about PC :P

I believe I have around 15/721 Shinies.. Almost there :)

Back