• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen General Chat Caf?

Minun172

Still waiting for a new Mega Man game.
Years
  • Plusle and Minun have what I call "pseudo version-exclusive" status. Plusle is found mostly in AS while Minun is in OR, however you can find the other one in a horde battle by using Honey or Sweet Scent in the grass. They had similar exclusivity in X/Y as well, Plusle in the "blue" game and Minun in the "red" game.

Guessing those trainers have a Pokemon that learned sweet scent and took them back in a box and exchanged them for a Plusle or something. Some of these trainer's Pokemons are really confusing... Probaby every trace of Plusles should of been replaced with Minuns in OR.

But yeah... My secret hatred for that red one aside, what did you think of Amie?

Years
  • Pokemon Amie was great, it was a feature I heavily abused a lot in XY. Not just for its benefits from high affection, but because I wanted to use Sylveon on my team as well.

Minun172

Years
  • I've mentioned this before but it does a really good job of introducing first time newcomers to the sixth generation of bonding with Pokemon. Last time they were nothing but slaves to flighting. They still are but we can finally take them out of constant fighting for a moment and play with them. I wish a separate expanded version of Amie was available for the 3DS and Wii U and maybe even phones free or not (Would be too much if it was more than 10 dollars to me.). Amie is an amazing idea and should be it's own thing some day. It's better than that Pokemon farm game for the Wii whatever it was called where it tried to develop an idea of bonding your Pokemon from your DS to the Wii.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I've mentioned this before but it does a really good job of introducing first time newcomers to the sixth generation of bonding with Pokemon. Last time they were nothing but slaves to flighting. They still are but we can finally take them out of constant fighting for a moment and play with them. I wish a separate expanded version of Amie was available for the 3DS and Wii U and maybe even phones free or not (Would be too much if it was more than 10 dollars to me.). Amie is an amazing idea and should be it's own thing some day. It's better than that Pokemon farm game for the Wii whatever it was called where it tried to develop an idea of bonding your Pokemon from your DS to the Wii.

I definitely agree. OR/AS is quite welcoming to newcomers, and at the same time it also appeals to us older players who enjoyed RSE :) Is OR/AS your first Pokémon game, or have you played previous games as well?

Minun172

Years
  • I definitely agree. OR/AS is quite welcoming to newcomers, and at the same time it also appeals to us older players who enjoyed RSE :) Is OR/AS your first Pokémon game, or have you played previous games as well?

I've played Pokemon since FireRed with my friend's GBA. I haven't gotten my own Pokemon game until my mom out of nowhere bought me Pokemon Emerald for my DS and then I stopped playing after Black and then they got sold/lost and now I completely forgot about a lot of things about Pokemon except for the Pokemon themselves and the Animes since I still watched them when I didn't have my games. I only bought OR to get myself back up to Pokemon business.

Years
  • Just got the sinnoh starters from birch..................................OMG xD!!!

And now I don't know what to do in ORAS anymore :v

Years
  • (If this post isn't where it belongs, I authorize the mods to move it. I couldn't find anywhere better for it.)

Not gonna wait for Pokemon.com to respond to me.

Haven't done online competitions before, and I just registered for the Kanto Classic. I saw somewhere in the rules that "linking Poke'mon with a Digital Player ID" locks the Battle Box so that Poke'mon can't be modified between battles.

What does that mean? At what point is the lock applied? I'm hesitant to get my Digital Player ID because I still need to train some mons.

Years
  • And now I don't know what to do in ORAS anymore :v

Same here... maybe I'll consider getting Super Mystery Dungeon yet since I never played a spinoff Pokemon game before (plus I get to be Oshawott!) and I do want a new Pokemon game to keep me busy while I wait for new Sun & Moon info, and the eventual game release.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Just got the sinnoh starters from birch..................................OMG xD!!!

And now I don't know what to do in ORAS anymore :v

Catch all the Pokémon, maybe? That's what I've been doing on mine and it's been keeping me pretty occupied. It's sort of a fun challenge to try and catch them all without migrating any Pokes from previous gens. There's also the Battle Maison, if you're into battling :)

(If this post isn't where it belongs, I authorize the mods to move it. I couldn't find anywhere better for it.)

Not gonna wait for Pokemon.com to respond to me.

Haven't done online competitions before, and I just registered for the Kanto Classic. I saw somewhere in the rules that "linking Poke'mon with a Digital Player ID" locks the Battle Box so that Poke'mon can't be modified between battles.

What does that mean? At what point is the lock applied? I'm hesitant to get my Digital Player ID because I still need to train some mons.

I believe that's referring to the point where you register your Pokémon Trainer Club account into the tournament, but I'm not 100% sure :v If I were you I'd hold off on registering until you've got your Pokes trained up. But also make sure you sign up before the deadline too!

Years
  • I believe that's referring to the point where you register your Pokémon Trainer Club account into the tournament, but I'm not 100% sure :v If I were you I'd hold off on registering until you've got your Pokes trained up. But also make sure you sign up before the deadline too!

Well, Pokemon.com got back to me, here's what they said. Just in case anyone else is curious.

Pokemon.com said:
    Once the event officially starts and you go to battle your first battle, the game will finish your registration and lock your Battle Box.

Years
  • Same here... maybe I'll consider getting Super Mystery Dungeon yet since I never played a spinoff Pokemon game before (plus I get to be Oshawott!) and I do want a new Pokemon game to keep me busy while I wait for new Sun & Moon info, and the eventual game release.

Catch all the Pokémon, maybe? That's what I've been doing on mine and it's been keeping me pretty occupied. It's sort of a fun challenge to try and catch them all without migrating any Pokes from previous gens. There's also the Battle Maison, if you're into battling :)

Hahah, Well I have that for the base game. I just found a way to dump the rom so I can randomize and hack it :)

Finally I can have some fun by making it harder and giving my favourite pokemon with my favourite moves :)

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Urrrgh...so, I haven't played ORAS in 3 weeks, ever since I left my 3DS on the bus ~_~ I still have my 2DS, but losing my original 3DS just drained me of all my energy to play any 3DS games. I think I'm getting back into the mood to play ORAS though, I still need to make some progress on my LiveDex project :) I'm also thinking of decking out my secret base, it's been so long since I've done anything with it haha

Years
  • Urrrgh...so, I haven't played ORAS in 3 weeks, ever since I left my 3DS on the bus ~_~ I still have my 2DS, but losing my original 3DS just drained me of all my energy to play any 3DS games. I think I'm getting back into the mood to play ORAS though, I still need to make some progress on my LiveDex project :) I'm also thinking of decking out my secret base, it's been so long since I've done anything with it haha

Given you are the ORAS mod, I do feel sorry for you for suffering a notable lack of an ORAS fix lately.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • That just reminded me that I don't even have a secret base. I'm pretty sure I just walked into mine and walked back out to never return. I should actually figure out what you can do with them, because they actually sound pretty cool and I've done everything else in ORAS besides getting a Live Dex.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • That just reminded me that I don't even have a secret base. I'm pretty sure I just walked into mine and walked back out to never return. I should actually figure out what you can do with them, because they actually sound pretty cool and I've done everything else in ORAS besides getting a Live Dex.

You should give it a try! They're really fun. They're pretty useful too because your Secret Base teammates can give your Pokemon massages and EVs and etc. every day. It's helped me out a lot in my Live Dex project :)

Dendisan

Poké Breeder
    Years
  • Substitute Hiding behind a Substitute.

Hey; i'm new n' stuff and i gotta vent.

I've been checking up on Mirage Islands each and every day for two weeks and i gotta vent.

Where's the sub island!?!? Is it a rare island? I've been fixing teams as I've recently got into competitive breeding but have enough morals not the abuse minimize for my drain tanks/Toxistalls.

I just feel like some Poke-antichrist is ripping me a new one every time I drop onto a damn Audino Island, seriously the amount of times i've dropped and heard that little chubby bunny chime up is unholy.

Anyways hi love u all god bless pray for me, happy breeding <3

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • You mean you're looking for the mirage island with the Substitute TM on it? I feel your pain, I've been trying to find the mirage spot with Magby on it for ages now, but it never seems to appear. It's really tough to get the one you want when there's so many of them--there's about 32 random ones, I believe, so you have a 1 in 32 chance of the one you're looking for appearing on any given day ;c

Dendisan

Poké Breeder
    Years
  • Thank you, i could trade you a magby if you'd like, not great IV's but just breed it out and you should be fine, what's you friend code?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Thank you, i could trade you a magby if you'd like, not great IV's but just breed it out and you should be fine, what's you friend code?

Oh thanks for the offer, but no need haha! I already have a bunch in my Y anyways. I've made a goal in Omega Ruby to catch every Pokémon that's available in Hoenn in Hoenn, which is actually proving to be a pretty fun challenge. I'm pretty close to completing the National Dex, I'm at around 630 right now n_n

Back