• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.90 / 1.91 /1.92

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    Woo mama! Thanks a lot LU-HO and Martin² for the help! Heck yeah! You made my day!

Oh, one more question... I hope this isn't swaying too much off topic:
    on Advance Map... how can one have "tall-grass-effect" on non-tall grass floor? Kind of like on caves or the Pokémon Tower in FireRed?

Last edited:

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • Woo mama! Thanks a lot LU-HO and Martin² for the help! Heck yeah! You made my day!

Oh, one more question... I hope this isn't swaying too much off topic:
    on Advance Map... how can one have "tall-grass-effect" on non-tall grass floor? Kind of like on caves or the Pokémon Tower in FireRed?

go to the blockeditor the behavior bytes, there you should se thw value you must use on your block (use the same that are used on the grass) i'm not sure, but think that should make what you need.

with thiis version (and other versions)

how do you make it show ALL events?

like in ruby/saphire - player parent is shown for male character but not the mum if you were playing as the female character

You see all events.
    the mom there are if you are female characer is the same, thre are scriopts that move the event to a oter position on the start if you are the female character.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2010
    Hey, I was just scripting and mapping a map in my fire red rom. I finished mapping etc so after that I clicked on all edited maps to see if they are all alright (Since I keep getting that stupid Advanced Map Error(2): cannot read bytes behind.......) so I went to my 2nd edited city (viridian) and then suddenly 8 popups came which screwed my map. I noticed alot of errors with: $701AE0 IS NOT A POINTER (something like that.) But I remembered the offset because I was trying to do something with the flypaths, and I remember one of them was $701AE0 or something..

To be Exact I received these errors:

AdvancedMapError (5): The value for $71ACF4 Is not a pointer!
    AdvancedMapError (5): The value for $71ACF8 Is not a pointer!
    AdvancedMapError (5): The value for $71ACFC Is not a pointer!
    AdvancedMapError (5): The value for $71AD00 Is not a pointer!
    AdvancedMapError (5): The value for $71B9FC Is not a pointer!
    AdvancedMapError (1): Try to read pos at 1 (5 times)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    I have almost same problems that frank$or has, and it's getting annoying (7 ROMs messed up this way. Thank God that those were only test ones). I have sent you a PM. And I forgot to mention the thing about "the value ... is not a pointer" error, it came up in my AM, too. Can you do something with it? And please, remove the Slovak translation till I complete the redone one. Cause I need to shorten strings plus fix mixed ones. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2008
    not responding

when ever i load my app after i load my rom (i have tryed using many different rom) it says that the app is not responding
    i also use vista and download my roms from mant diffrent sites

biko98

DiA
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2008
    hey um i can't add a warp onto it

hey um i can't add a warp onto it but i want to so ya can get to birth island and naval cave and faraway island how do i add in a warp?

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    When you create a new level script in a map that doesn't have any pre-existing level scripts the buffer (0000 at the end of the level script) is not created. This causes the game to freeze after the level script has finished. Also, when you choose any of the Hiddens in the Movement Type box the first hidden is always chosen. The first hidden is buggy because when you make it appear using the movement raw 61 and then use pausemove on it it disappears.

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
    Years
  • When you create a new level script in a map that doesn't have any pre-existing level scripts the buffer (0000 at the end of the level script) is not created. This causes the game to freeze after the level script has finished. Also, when you choose any of the Hiddens in the Movement Type box the first hidden is always chosen. The first hidden is buggy because when you make it appear using the movement raw 61 and then use pausemove on it it disappears.
    Yeah! After the scripts finished, japanese characters come up, and the game freezes

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2008
    when ever i load my app after i load my rom (i have tryed using many different rom) it says that the app is not responding
    i also use vista and download my roms from mant diffrent sites

never mind i got it to work all i have to do is not touch anything for like 10 mins

Hyunbin

w00t!~
    Years
  • first of all let me say i love this new release =D
    but i have a problem loading maps with specific tilesets (celadon city tileset, tileset 61 with forest entrance)
    it'll come up saying parameter error
    when i go into elite map and change those problematic tilesets for others i know work, when i go into advancemap and load the map with the changed tileset it loads and works fine

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • really nice work! i love it
    and the asm worldmap tutorial you linked is nice too, but i seem to be stupid to get my world map working...
    so could anyone who can help me with that pm me pls? would be really nice

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    Why did I get this message when trying to script with Ruby?

WELCOME TO POKESCRIPT
    Copyrite Pokewitch Inc
    http(No links)members.westnet.com.au/comhloiche
    Invalid Command : ruby

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • Why did I get this message when trying to script with Ruby?

WELCOME TO POKESCRIPT
    Copyrite Pokewitch Inc
    http(No links)members.westnet.com.au/comhloiche
    Invalid Command : ruby

You must use a scripteditor that is able to decompile scripts from the ROM!
    PokeScript is not able to do...

You must download a scriptDECOMPILER. (like ScriptED, this tool is tested and work with AdvanceMap)
    After downloading, you can choose the scriptDECOMPILER you want to use with in the menu: Settings->Choose script editor
    If you use scripted as script editor you must copy the file rubikon.dat from scripted in the directory where the rom is.
    (To use scripted, I have to run the script editor "in" the directory of the romfile, and scripted search the rubikon.dat file in the "run under" directory)

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • You can always use -Hackmew-'s XSE!

LU-HO: Is there a way to select the whole tree tile all 6 blocks at once, then paste it anywere?
    I've read the README.txt but it says that youcan only do it for one tile and paste the one tile on all blocks that are connecting the same block.

Is there a way, or will you implant it in future versions?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back