• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Actors & Actresses

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Who are some of your favorite actors and actresses currently in movies & television?

Are there any actors/actresses you can't stand and think are terrible?

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Don't care for most. They do their job acting and great. Their fame over hypes their acting ability and makes them a little stuck up I feel. But I'm sure not all actors are like that.

I like Bryan Cranston for his roles in Breaking Bad and Malcolm in the Middle, the guy can act. Jerry Stiller also is a very talented and funny man, makes me laugh in any of his roles, he stole the show in any scene he was in, like as Frank Costanza in Seinfeld and Arthur Spooner in King of Queens.

I cannot stand actors/actresses that are arrogant and act like the world revolves around them and most aren't even that great at acting. Can't list any on the top of my head cause I can't be bothered to remember them.

Last edited:

Kurisutin

Numismatist Standing By
Years
My favourite actor is Jackie Chan. He's so positive all the time and whenever I see him he makes me smile. He's one of my role models and I aspire to be as positive as he is.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Christopher Reeve is the best Superman/Clark. Tobey Maguire is the best Spider-Man actor. Robert Downey Jr plays Tony Stark the best, I cant imagine anyone replacing him.

Bruce Campbell for his role in Evil Dead related stuff.

J.K. Simmons is a great actor and his role as J Jonah Jameson was pure gold.

To be honest there are many actors and actresses I like.

But for all the good actors out there, there are a lot more bad.

Years
I haven't watched a good new movie in awhile, but I do like Michael Fassbender. Again, I haven't seen one of his flicks recently but he always gives his heart and soul to a film. It doesn't hurt that he is sexy too, not trying to be, he is a character actor not a romantic lead. He just has that appeal naturally

I watched the first season of Last Kingdom earlier this year and thought it was perfect it was an enthralling story, unpredictable and real with great acting. I love historical and this was gritty and exciting and very well-written with a-typical heroes. It really brought my attention to actor Alexander Dreymon who starred as Uhtred.

I like adventure and sometimes that includes the martial arts genre for me. I love myself some Tony Jaa and Bruce Lee.

I like actors who are virile and athletic and willing to their own stunts and give passionate performances and seem to be unique people.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I haven't watched a good new movie in awhile, but I do like Michael Fassbender. Again, I haven't seen one of his flicks recently but he always gives his heart and soul to a film. It doesn't hurt that he is sexy too, not trying to be, he is a character actor not a romantic lead. He just has that appeal naturally

I watched the first season of Last Kingdom earlier this year and thought it was perfect it was an enthralling story, unpredictable and real with great acting. I love historical and this was gritty and exciting and very well-written with a-typical heroes. It really brought my attention to actor Alexander Dreymon who starred as Uhtred.

I like adventure and sometimes that includes the martial arts genre for me. I love myself some Tony Jaa and Bruce Lee.

I like actors who are virile and athletic and willing to their own stunts and give passionate performances and seem to be unique people.

I mean if all actors did their own stunts, the stuntmen would be out of jobs wouldn't they?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Al Pacino is the actor I can watch in almost anything. Not the movies, if they're awful, but always him.

I can't think of a number 2 for me. And he's been in some of my favorite films of all time, and really turned me on those genres in general.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
i really like elizabeth gillies (she's always been a celebrity crush of mine since i discovered her through victorious like 5-6 years ago) and cole sprouse? also victoria justice but sadly she's not as active in hollywood as she used to be it seems.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I don't really have a lot of opinions on actors and actresses aside from how they look - I'm more invested in the characters they portray when I watch movies/shows, and I generally don't get too into their personal lives or what they are like out of character.

I've occasionally watched interviews or seen them do funny stunts here and there as themselves, and I think Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Watson and Maisie Williams are pretty funny/cool people though!

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I also respect Bob Odenkirk, the guy is a fantastic actor. Better than most mainstream actors.

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
Years
I cannot stand actors/actresses that are arrogant and act like the world revolves around them and most aren't even that great at acting.
Especially when said celebrities start virtue signaling on social media, as if their words alone bring wisdom to us peons whilst flaunting their neoliberal sensibilities.

I don't really have a lot of opinions on actors and actresses aside from how they look - I'm more invested in the characters they portray when I watch movies/shows, and I generally don't get too into their personal lives or what they are like out of character.
I find if I start delving into their lives & persona outside the act, I start experiencing suspension of disbelief toward their work---and may enjoy it less as a result. Also, if I go far enough and/or start doing what I mentioned in the comment above, I may start to despise their work & them---in general---as a result.

That said, my favorite actors/actress are purely performance-based:

Anthony Hopkins for his role as Hannibal Lector throughout the Hannibal movie series.
Christopher Lambert & Adrian Paul for the roles as Connor MacLeod & Duncan MacLeod respectively in the Highlander movie & TV series.
Donnie Yen for his portrayal of Ip Man.
Elizabeth Gracen for her role as Amanda in the Highlander TV series.
Jet Li mainly for his role in Hero.
Sean Connery, because he is a badass in no matter what he plays.

That's all I can think of for now...I may update this list at a later time.

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
Years
My favourite actor is Colin Farrell.

Not sure about any 1 favourite actress though, but there are several that I like.

Years
I am a hopeless actor/actress enthusiast - not a 'celeb' buff, you understand, but an appreciator of those with talent and charm - but I am in a poor place to say which ones are my favourite. I've usually only seen one or two or their movies. Here are the ones which I like best:

• Eddie Redmayne
  • Tom Holland
  • Gary Oldman
  • Ben Mendelsohn
  • John Lemmon
  • Tom Hiddleston
  • Benedict Cumberbatch
  • Felicity Jones
  • John Boyega
  • Millie Bobby Brown
  • Noah Schapp
  • Daisy Ridley
  • Adam Driver
  • Oscar Isaac
  • Merryl Streep
  • Kevin Kline
  • Martin Freeman
  • Yul Brynner
  • Sean Connery
  • Michael Caine
  • Roger Moore
... and a hundred more, decidedly. Eddie Redmayne is a master of his profession and charming to the teeth, so naturally he is top dog. The rest fall in a non-hierarchical order.

Last edited:

Clemet

Atlas Extraordinaire!
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 17, 2018
A good actor really makes a film, and I'm a firm believer in that. However only two actors have really caught my explicit attention due to the quality of their work.
Jake Gyllenhaal, his role as Donnie in Donnie Darko well and truly sold the movie. Had he not played that part I doubt the film would've been as impactful or amazing. I've also heard good things about his acting techniques in Nightcrawler, which is still on my To-Watch List.
Jim Carrey, he has great comedic roles but I definitely feel he's better in serious roles. His acting in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and The Truman Show is phenomenal and he is able to express a deep character in such a unique and thought-provoking way.

Back