• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Type Confirmed: Fairy!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • So what are some Fairy Dual Combos, that you all want to see? Here is a list of ones I mainly want to see.
    Fairy/Fire
    Fairy/Water
    Fairy/Grass
    Fairy/Electric
    Fairy/Ice
    Fairy/Dark

Fairy/Bug
    Fairy/Dragon

Now I highly doubt of of these will come out all in 1 generation, but you never know. Depends on how many pokemon there is. These are new pokemon I want to see not old retyped ones. I know we already have some retypes like Marill. The ones in bold are ones I really want to see this generation as a normal evolution line. As I have said a lot I also want the trio to be part Fairy with Grass,Water, and Fire or Dark.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    I am all for a new type addition. Fairy may not be the best choice possible but I am ok with and cannot wait to try the fairy type out in game.

Years
  • I was hoping for light type, because well it would make more sense imo, light super effective to ghost, dark and dragon. But fairy seems decent.

Years
  • I was totally againt having a Light type just for the sake of having the Light-Dark duality.
    Having a new type is kindof unecessary to be honest, but, the moment I knew they will call it "Fairy' type I went full bias and said HELL YEAH, I like Fairiz :3 and Fairy Tail FTW XD I hope they add a move called Fairy Tail, man if they do that I'll die in peace! :D
    As of Fairy being super effective to ragon, I find that Fairy 'nuff... #LamePuns :p
    I'd like to see it weak to Poison and Ghost, resistant to Dragon, totally neutral to Ice, and neutral and/or resistant to Steel.

And they should re-type many other Pokémon. Probably like this:
    Wynaut/Wobuffet: Fairy/Psychic
    Victini/ulpix/Ninetales: Fairy/Psychic
    Mismagius: Ghost/Fairy
    Celebi: Fairy/Grass
    Clefairy/Clebable: Fairy/Normal

Seriously, Celebi and Clefairy ARE and MUST be Fairy!! ...

Last edited:
    Years
  • Possibly Dark could be super effective against it but who knows. They just seem like quite unrelated types to me, given that you get evil fairy creatures very often, arguably just as commonly as good fairies. It's still hard to know precisely what the Fairy type is based on (I assume the moon?), but I don't see Dark and Fairy having any notable relationship.

I know right? Espeon was the Sun Pokemon, Umbreon was the Moon Pokemon, but it does seem like fairies are based on the moon (Sylveons move, Moonblast...I'm guessing its has something to do with the moon.) I want to see how GameFreak sets apart Umbreon and Sylveon.

As for Fairies rivaling Dark, I can totally see it happening. I mean, I know the Legendaries are Dark and Fairy respectfully, but even if they weren't I'd still think that Fairy and Dark were some kind of related. I don't mean we'll get a whole side story for this, just maybe a sort of Psychic x Dark or Fire x Water thing. Then again, it kind of seems like it already has that with the Dragon type. I guess it's as...."mysterious as the dark side of the moon".

And to the people who say they wanted a Light type, yes I do agree it would have made a lot more sense than Fairy type. But, and I'm not sure if this is well known or not, the "Psychic" type in Japan is called the "Light" type. Knowing this, Fairy type makes WAYYY more sense than having another type of...and already introduced type...

I hope we get a Fire/Fairy, I am SOOOOO calling it "Natsu" XD And if it's Ice/Fairy, then whaddup "Gray"!

Years
  • Delibird and Snorunt seem to me like they'd fit in the a Fairy/Ice typing. :D and Vulpix, Ninetales, Victini and Fennekin's evolutions can be Fiary/Fire *.*
    Oh! And Togepi, Togetic, Togekiss and Meloetta, all of them need to have Fairy type instead of their Normal type part. :]

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I to thought of replacing normal with fairy, but I do not see them getting rid of half the pokemon with normal and replacing it with fairy. I do not see them messing with any dual type pokemon at that.

Years
  • I'm way to deep into this now x_x

Ok so I redid the calculations for the battle between Gardevoir and Hydreigon and tried to get is on the dot to try and pin point the attack damage.

So far the only spot on numbers I can get is with x2 damage (Dragon Weak to Fairy only)

Fairy Wind is Base of 50 or 60.
    With a base of 50 Fairy Wind does 80-96 Damage.
    With a base of 60 Fairy Wind does 96-114 Damage.

96 was the amount of HP Hydreigon lost. He was set to level 50, had 152 HP. When he dropped down to 56 HP left I did calculations to try and see if I could get the damage to fall to that level.

With x4 damage, a Base 30 does 100-120 damage which is too much as I need to hit 56 on the dot and that gives me 52 HP minimum.

To get x4 Damage to deal 96 as a possible on the range it has to be 24-25 bp which seems too weak for an attack that possibly doesn't have a secondary effect.

Majority of attacks under 30 are multi-hit attacks or special condition attacks like Stored Power which boost based on how many positive stat buffs you added or Knock Off which doesn't change but takes off an equipped item. Then you have extremely weak moves with stronger versions not much further up like Absorb and Leech Life, and the last set in there are Mud-Slap, Bubble, Lick, and Rapid Spin. All four are really weak but have their own merits. I do not see Fairy Wind lumped together with any of these attacks, nor can I see it with 24 Base power (only one of the two that actually hits 96 as a maximum damage as 25 BP has 100 as the maximum.

I think this proves in a way that its only x2 to dragon and not x4 to Dragon/Dark.
    in the math you forgot that they didn't reveal gardevoir's level, it could be some low level one. and thats mabye why it didn't do so much damage despite it being X4 effective

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    in the math you forgot that they didn't reveal gardevoir's level, it could be some low level one. and thats mabye why it didn't do so much damage despite it being X4 effective

The levels are usually autoset to 50 as they use the wifi battle code for the simulations. Even still if lower level that can mean Fairy Wind is more than 60 which I doubt. Even with missing info, for me to find a spot on number is still hard making the math a little more secure since I got pretty much 100% accuracy on the damage dealt. If she were lower and doing x4 it would be harder to pinpoint a reasonable BP.

I can try once I get computor access to try though.

I love doing math, so I may do it anyway.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I will be interesting to see Pikachu be fairy...though I can see it. Notch eared Pichu in HgSs made me think of fairies living in the forest, and being mischievous which is what they've classically been associated with.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    The levels are usually autoset to 50 as they use the wifi battle code for the simulations. Even still if lower level that can mean Fairy Wind is more than 60 which I doubt. Even with missing info, for me to find a spot on number is still hard making the math a little more secure since I got pretty much 100% accuracy on the damage dealt. If she were lower and doing x4 it would be harder to pinpoint a reasonable BP.

I can try once I get computor access to try though.

I love doing math, so I may do it anyway.

Started with 25. For x4 to deal 96 damage it has to have a base of 65. Going up a level would lower the base power. You have to cut the level in half, and I doubt Gamefreak didn't auto set them both to 50 for the demonstration.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I do not believe Pikachu will become fairy type. Pikachu has been a mascot of the series ever since, not to mention a textbook example of a classic electric type, and making a huge change to it seems unlikely.

Yes, it would be completely useful competitively, but I just don't see every Fairy (Egg Group) member becoming fairies. I think the fact that the trailer debutting fairies showcased Gardevoir--who was never in the Fairy (Egg Group)--is Gamefreak's way of hinting to us that fairies will not be as restricted to the current egg group as we think

I do find it very probable that Pikachu will learn fairy type moves.

Back