• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Type Confirmed: Fairy!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
That's pretty much a given. I can definitely see Azumarill being one of the possibly many fairy types that would make it into X/Y's new OU metagame. Only a matter of time, after all.
I think it's still too early to judge on that aspect.
However it is a possiblity.

Mawile in the end though will proably outclass it, especially since it's gotten a Mega with the ability of Huge Power giving it possibly a higher attack stat than Deoxys (I say possibly because they may have cut it's attack a little...hopefully not) and better defenses.

Years
Yes, too early, however a fair possibility, as you've already said. Chances are good that Azumarill would be in one of the higher tiers, anyway.

Also, keep in mind that unless they give Mawile a fairy-type priority of some sort, that it would still fall short of Azumarill's capabilities. Azu is revered so much not just because of it's Huge Power ability, but the fact that it could utilize priority Aqua Jet so well in the most crucial of situations. Add on priority Fairy-attacks and you really have yourself quite the attacking monster to deal with.
Or give Mawile a priority steel attack...they should give it Bullet punch...though Mawile already has Sucker Punch which even though it doesn't get stab will be useful in taking care of psychic, and ghost types with ease.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
^
^ ^
what bout sylveon then. I think it has a good chance to be in a high tier too what with its outstanding sp.def and hp. plus if by lucky chance it aint another blissey and has decent def and you have one formidable tank. of course I think in order to do this they will prob have make its speed and atk low.
hmm you are right though magmaruby that mawhile will outclass azumarill. it has few weaknessess.(only earth and fire right?) than again twilight is right about azumarill being just as good. lol. I have a good feeling these three fairies will be the top 3 most powerful. gardevoir has good potential too as its psychic type covers its poisoin weakness and it now has lost a weakness:dark though its abillity sucks

Last edited:

Years
^
^ ^
what bout sylveon then. I think it has a good chance to be in a high tier too what with its outstanding sp.def and hp. plus if by lucky chance it aint another blissey and has decent def and you have one formidable tank. of course I think in order to do this they will prob have make its speed and atk low.
hmm you are right though magmaruby that mawhile will outclass azumarill. it has few weaknessess.(only earth and fire right?) than again twilight is right about azumarill being just as good. lol. I have a good feeling these three fairies will be the top 3 most powerful. gardevoir has good potential too as its psychic type covers its poisoin weakness and it now has lost a weakness:dark though its abillity sucks

I agree it's speed and atk are proably low while it's Sp. Atk and Sp. Def will most likely be the strongest.

Years
I can see MegaMawile and Azumarill in the OU if there gonna be a good prority fairy type physical attack, even without those they honna be a great threat in my opinion(Azumarill always had a great defensice stats and great attack, and mawile gonna have the highest attack ever!).
I also exept the new psuedo legendary to be at least part fairy type.

So I can see few fairy type becoming a force in the metagame.

Years
Um, how exactly do it's abilities suck? Trace is one of, if not one of the most important abilities a Pokemon could have. Sure, it's not the best ability out there, but when you have the potential to switch into a Pokemon, trace its ability, and therefore gain an advantage just from that ability then and there, then I'd say that the ability you have becomes more "game-changing" and less "suck".
It can be helpful. Like say you switch in on a Garchomp during a sandstorm you gain it's sand veil ability which will allow you to survive in the sand without damage and gain some evasion :3 However it does backfire if one is fighting a Pokemon with Truant...

Yay finally 10,001 posts :3!

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
Hey btw did anyone see on a video(cant remeber which). but anyway a marill used some kind of move and almost OHKO a fully grown haxorus. yep. Azumarill definitly gonna be ou.

Years
Hey btw did anyone see on a video(cant remeber which). but anyway a marill used some kind of move and almost OHKO a fully grown haxorus. yep. Azumarill definitly gonna be ou.
You're referring to the Jp Eshop video. Azumarill will proably see some more use this generation.

Back