• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Master Ball Go!

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
  • FireRed: Mewtwo
    Pearl: Palkia
    Platinum: Giratina
    HeartGold: Ho-Oh
    SoulSilver: Lugia
    Black: Reshiram
    White: Zekrom (I had no idea that they were so easy to catch...)
    Black 2: Zekrom, haven't used the other one
    White 2: Reshiram and Kyurem
    X: Xerneas
    Y: Mewtwo
    OR: Deoxys
    AS: Deoxys
    Sun: Tapu Koko
    Moon: Tapu Koko

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • I mostly preserve the Master Ball to use on the Roaming Legendaries. Better do it the first time you run into one, than going through the pain of having to encounter them again & again.

Pika Pika :chu:

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I use it on Shinies known for escaping, such as Abra, or Delibird in Gen 4

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Silver: Lugia
    LeafGreen: Zapdos
    Emerald: Rayquaza
    Diamond: Cresselia and Mesprit (I migrated one extra from Emerald)

From then on I have always preserved my Master Balls and only wish to use them in very special cases, like a shiny or a legendary I desparately want to catch. In the first three generations, I use whenever I don't wanna spend time on a legendary Pokémon.

Years
  • I honestly just use it on the rarest and most powerful legendary in each respective game

(Apart from that one time I used it on an Oddish during my first ever time playing Pokemon lmao)

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    I used them on the main legends of each version, but I stopped doing that and rather keep them.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Last Master Ball I used was on a Latios on Black 2 a few days ago. Other Pokemon I've used it on recently are Azelf, Uxie and Mewtwo.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I usually use them on the box art Pokémon, or Mewtwo in Gen I. Though I should probably use them on the roaming legends instead....

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • On which Pokemon do you use the Master Ball?

Red / Yellow: Mewtwo.
    Gold: Ho-Oh.
    Silver: Lugia.
    Crystal: Ho-Oh.
    Ruby: Rayquaza.
    Emerald: Rayquaza.
    Diamond: Dialga.
    Platinum: Giratina.
    White 1: Kyurem.
    White 2: I think I used it on Terrakion or Virizion, for some reason.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    In recent times, since I stopped legendary hunting, I use the Master Ball on the story legendary, just to keep the game moving along at a reasonable clip. In retrospect, I should have saved it for Necrozma in Sun & Moon though.

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
    Years
  • I've used a master ball on Rayquaza only because I found it so intimidating...

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    In recent times, since I stopped legendary hunting, I use the Master Ball on the story legendary, just to keep the game moving along at a reasonable clip. In retrospect, I should have saved it for Necrozma in Sun & Moon though.
    Is Necrozma that hard to catch?

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • The only time I used a Master Ball was on Black 2, for a shiny level 39 Mienfoo, at the time my Pokemon were too overleveled for Mienfoo (I was training for the Elite 4, so most where at level 70) I feared a hit would faint her in one hit.

Master Ball time.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I think I've only used it twice, when I was 11 or 12 I used it on Suicune in Crystal, then when I went back and completed Yellow I used it on Mewtwo.

I haven't really felt the need to use it now.

Years
  • For me, every time it was the strongest Pokemon in the game.

Alpha Sapphire: Lugia
    Moon: Necrozma

Even if I learned that just throwing balls at Legendaries would catch them eventually, those three proved far too stubborn/dangerous.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • I've used a master ball on Rayquaza only because I found it so intimidating...
    Tbqh, I was tempted to do that as well, on my first Emerald Playthough, those cracks in the tiles were so annoying, took me a while to navigate through them. But I resisted the temptation & saved it for Latias/Latios.

The only time I used a Master Ball was on Black 2, for a shiny level 39 Mienfoo, at the time my Pokemon were too overleveled for Mienfoo (I was training for the Elite 4, so most where at level 70) I feared a hit would faint her in one hit.

Master Ball time.
    I've never ever used my Master Ball on a Non-Legendary, not even tempted to, even though I've run into quite a few shinies.

For me, every time it was the strongest Pokemon in the game.

Alpha Sapphire: Lugia
    Moon: Necrozma

Even if I learned that just throwing balls at Legendaries would catch them eventually, those three proved far too stubborn/dangerous.
    Right, if you're stocked up on Ultra Balls, catching Legendaries is not that difficult.

Back